Wincon Security

Wincon Security Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
You get ei benefits if you work enough hours like 900 minimum. The hours all depends on the site but can be flexible if you got school or family. They very patient with you if you make mistakes, you can get a break only thing, it goes against your records and you can get judged accordingly so try to do your best not to leave the site unless you let someone know otherwise it's bad.
The company is well maintained and understanding. They have a solution to all your problems that you might face at work. The Hours are awesome you can tell them that you want more or less. Overall it's an excellent company and the experience you gain is good to have on your resume.
Pros
Long Hours which I like
Rude and ignorant that's all I can say need alot more business skills and they just like to call you on your days off and try to squeeze you into shifts
Pros
Not working there any more
Cons
How is this even a legit company
If you want to build lots of life experience especially getting into policing or parking enforcement. this is the company to start of.Staff and employees very out going and helpful.
Hood company to work with but hard to get to where you want to get with the company or in your career path there some difficulties to face and there's alot of politics involved in this company and with workers and employees
First I say thanks for indeed, because U gave big help to find job for me, and then I was found job this wincon company for selected..finally I got the job
This company has been around for 27 years which is very rare in this industry. Wincon Security exceeds my expectations of an employer with providing benefit packages after probation and very competitive pay for this industry. If you are serious about Security/Law Enforcement, i highly recommend joining this company for a beneficial learning and work experience.
When I worked for wincon security a few years ago, whoever was in charge with the scheduling was very disorganized. On a couple of occasions, they made me go to a site twice, only to find out once I arrived at the site they wanted me to work at, I WAS NOT scheduled to work! All that has wasted for what?

When they put me to a site that I never worked at, all new to me, they actually scheduled me with someone, who ACTUALLY SLEPT for 50 % of his shift.

No matter what company you work for, you must set good examples for those around you. I didn't witness this, but one guard said he saw a supervisor sleeping while on duty.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized management
Wincon is a very good company to work for if you are serious about what you do. They are very honest and they go out of their way to try and accommodate you. I have worked for many companies and they make you alot of false promises from starting pay to sticking by their word when they promise you a day off especially of you work extra time. The owner personally met me and greeted me at my site which I thought was a nice touch.
Pros
Easy to deal with management
Cons
Some sites are very busy
Management insanely rude. Very disorganized. Expected to work through lunch and be on call all the time.

Staff was pleasant most of the times.

Some guards not as professional as they'd like to think
Pros
M-F hours
Cons
On call all the time, disrespectful management, not organized
Many times you are placed in high-risk locations that are prone to theft and the individuals there are very aggressive so it's important to always remain calm and following proper procedures when confronting offenders. Keep in mind that you will be working alone undercover as a loss prevention agent so it's very important to always use good judgement and base those judgements off of hard evidence
Pros
gain experience about how the legal system works
Cons
may cause stress and possible danger
Security company does not pay much its very cheap on their budget. Sites are messy unorganized. Not a workplace I would recommend if you are looking for high profile jo
Although the company has it's ups and downs, it still had a long way to go, especially management. The only good side about my experience with Wincon is the site supervisors, directors, and some colleagues. The negative aspect is that management has constantly shafted me to multiple sites during early spring of 2018 and having to memorize so many post orders does not really match the pay rate I have agreed on. The final straw was when they moved me to a strip mall site for 3 days a week which was 5 hours a shift (note: I was working full time around that time). That's 31 hours a week! When I asked management why I received this schedule, the manager responded, "it would be favorable to assign a trained guard than putting in a new hire". Although it practically makes sense, it also implies that a newly recruited guard has more hours than me, an experienced one. After switching to part time due to school, they had me continue work there for 4 shifts. That's only 20 hours in total. The hours are unsatisfactory, and I was no longer satisfied with my schedule as the hours were terribly short. I do not blame or criticize HR, the Operations Coordinator, nor the scheduling department. They're just doing their job and it's totally understandable. They're really helpful, accommodating, and flexible if you are willing to get the job done. Hope managers in the future understands logic when it comes to assigning staff and recruiting international students. Also, company emails sent to site emails could use some grammar check. I’m really glad my closest colleagues have left the company and - more...
Pros
Great supervsiors and enjoyable colleagues to work with
Cons
Management and scheduling. No recognition for "going beyond"
At Wincon you get an opportunity to work within a very diverse work environment. The staff is supportive and very helpful. There is a lot of room for professional development.
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Cons
Heavy work load
Absolutely horrible. Hr's a mess. Guards are seen as slaves. Schedule keeps changing. No value put on consistency. Office throws you around from place to place.
Wincon has diverse employee base and all sorts of different sites which gives an opportunity to learn a lot. Above this, supervisors are supportive too which makes the work easy.
Relatively poor work environment with inexperienced coworkers who lack communication skills and organizational skills. Pros: easy to get hired. The hiring process is relatively easy as long as you have required licenses.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Wincon Security has worked from the start to provide a job experience in which I have experienced a growth in my character. From working as a Security Guard at an IBM site, skills I have learned from my duties included Front Desk Service, Basic Systems Operating and Client Assistance. Management at Wincon are also very supportive and will be ready to assist if I have any inquiries.
This company had provided me with a good job opportunity as a concierge. They did not play politics and were understanding during emergency situations.
the upper-level management must learn to respect employees and treat them as human beings. Co-workers were amazing however when you climb up the ranks, the more they have a power trip
Management does not care about workers, neither they care about the clients. Only few people take all decisions and do not take other's opinions. Worst management ever. Sometimes management even answer to your email and does not care about your problems.
Pros
Learn management politics
Cons
Not enough space to write.