Wincon Security Employee Reviews

Very low pay
Mall Security Guard (Current Employee) –  North York, ON10 December 2018
Security company does not pay much its very cheap on their budget. Sites are messy unorganized. Not a workplace I would recommend if you are looking for high profile jo
So many things, yet so little appreciation.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 December 2018
Although the company has it's ups and downs, it still had a long way to go, especially management. The only good side about my experience with Wincon is the site supervisors, directors, and some colleagues. The negative aspect is that management has constantly shafted me to multiple sites during early spring of 2018 and having to memorize so many post orders does not really match the pay rate I have agreed on. The final straw was when they moved me to a strip mall site for 3 days a week which was 5 hours a shift (note: I was working full time around that time). That's 31 hours a week! When I asked management why I received this schedule, the manager responded, "it would be favorable to assign a trained guard than putting in a new hire". Although it practically makes sense, it also implies that a newly recruited guard has more hours than me, an experienced one. After switching to part time due to school, they had me continue work there for 4 shifts. That's only 20 hours in total. The hours are unsatisfactory, and I was no longer satisfied with my schedule as the hours were terribly short. I do not blame or criticize HR, the Operations Coordinator, nor the scheduling department. They're just doing their job and it's totally understandable. They're really helpful, accommodating, and flexible if you are willing to get the job done. Hope managers in the future understands logic when it comes to assigning staff and recruiting international students. Also, company emails sent to site emails could use some grammar check. I’m really glad my closest colleagues have left the company and  more... have found better employment elsewhere.  less
Pros
Great supervsiors and enjoyable colleagues to work with
Cons
Management and scheduling. No recognition for "going beyond"
Very good company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
At Wincon you get an opportunity to work within a very diverse work environment. The staff is supportive and very helpful. There is a lot of room for professional development.
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Cons
Heavy work load
Review Summary
Security Guard / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 September 2018
Absolutely horrible. Hr's a mess. Guards are seen as slaves. Schedule keeps changing. No value put on consistency. Office throws you around from place to place.
Get to learn a lot.
Security Guard (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
Wincon has diverse employee base and all sorts of different sites which gives an opportunity to learn a lot. Above this, supervisors are supportive too which makes the work easy.
Environment
Concierge and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 May 2018
Relatively poor work environment with inexperienced coworkers who lack communication skills and organizational skills. Pros: easy to get hired. The hiring process is relatively easy as long as you have required licenses.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Exceptional Workplace Experience with Accomodating Management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 May 2018
Wincon Security has worked from the start to provide a job experience in which I have experienced a growth in my character. From working as a Security Guard at an IBM site, skills I have learned from my duties included Front Desk Service, Basic Systems Operating and Client Assistance. Management at Wincon are also very supportive and will be ready to assist if I have any inquiries.
A good reliable security company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario21 March 2018
This company had provided me with a good job opportunity as a concierge. They did not play politics and were understanding during emergency situations.
Worst Security Company worked at-- CHOSE ANOTHER COMPANY!
SECURITY GUARD CONCEIRGE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
the upper-level management must learn to respect employees and treat them as human beings. Co-workers were amazing however when you climb up the ranks, the more they have a power trip
Do not work and give contracts to wincon
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 January 2018
Management does not care about workers, neither they care about the clients. Only few people take all decisions and do not take other's opinions. Worst management ever. Sometimes management even answer to your email and does not care about your problems.
Pros
Learn management politics
Cons
Not enough space to write.
Its productive
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2017
Working at Wincon, has provided me with the necessary skills needed to have a productive shift. It is also a very independent environment where I am alone doing that is expected from me. I have task's that needs to be completed before and after my shift.
Fine job
Security Guard (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Doing a security guard job is always easy and a lot of work is not needed. I did not get any salary raise though I already worked here for 6 months without any leaves.
Learning experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
I was posted at Markham for the night shifts and did night shifts. It was fine. Wincon has a healthy environment to work. They provide shifts whenever you need but we can't get any leave.
Not a good company to start with
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Markham24 August 2017
They will throw you at the busiest place to work.thry don't care whether it's your first job as a security guard.high expectations low wages.
Ridiculous company!!
Pros
Cons
Unlimited
Fun reliable
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
This is one of the best security companies to work for. From the professionalism, organization, reliability of supervisors ans management... great company
excellent work environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
excellent workplace for job security, healthy work environment, supportive, good staff. you will get a fixed schedule every time. no any harassment for any leave application etc.
Pros
easy job
Cons
pay an extra fare to reach the work site.
stop over job
Security Concierge (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 May 2017
management doesn't want you to settle in. max you can work in 1 year. They say they have benefits but they don't let anyone work enough hours to qualify benefits.
better jobless than working here
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 March 2017
They will hire new guards and remove old guards from their shifts.
The service helpline does not know how to speak, but expect from the guards to be professional.
Pros
Cons
Working here
good company to work with
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
walk around the mall ensuring everyone is safe and no problems are occurring. have a good relationships with the tenants in the mall, a friendly and enthusiastic environment. Best part of the job is meeting new people everyday and having a nice conversation with them.
Don't even bother
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 October 2016
They lure you in with promises and things to look forward to, but it is nothing but lies and disappointment. Management is a joke, just don't bother with this company.
Pros
A job
Cons
Low wages, horrible sites, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wincon Security. Our community is ready to answer.