Wimpy's Diner Employee Reviews

Good Company
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 March 2019
Great head office. Franchise owners are a different story. Each location has different owners so it varies. Overall head office cares about each location.
Fun work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2019
Although the Sheppard avenue east location is a fun place to work. Their willingness to work with you concerning scheduling around the needs of your personal life, does leave some doubts as to wanting to seek employment at this particular location.
Pros
Staff meals provided
Cons
scheduling inflexibility
Satisfactory Work Environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2019
There is nothing horrible to say about this establishment, however- at times it can seem organised when it comes to scheduling, availability, and booking off time.
Pros
Easy-going job, good people
Cons
Inflexible
Friendly place to work as a student! Great First Job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 January 2019
A typical day at work for me was opening the restaurant with the manager, seating guest at the tables, serving drinks. I would have cleaning duties 2 times a day usually and while it died down we cleaned menus and rolled cutler. I would occasionally cash people out. At the end of the day we cleaned the restaurant and closed the store.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sometime no break
Terrible workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 December 2018
Poor management; they do not even consider some efficient ideas to help run the restaurant better. Manager has no sense of discipline, let’s customers do/say/order whatever they want even if it’s against policies and practises. Kitchen staff is hard to work with. When I first started the kitchen staff would not give me extra condiments as per customers request, pickles, mayo etc is suppose to be free. Also had small arguments with kitchen when asking for a re-do for a mistake they made it becomes your fault. Cleanliness is not a factor in the Richmond hill location. This whole location needs all new staff and crew to be replenished. Some regulars are nice but mostly old perverted men with their families.
Pros
Having a job.
Cons
Horrible experience altogether
Friendly workplace with friendly employees.
Busboy/Waiter, inventory (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON12 November 2018
I enjoyed my experience working at wimpy diner I learned how to correctly sanitize dishes,tables.bathrooms. I learned how to deep fry fries. A typical day at work here would involve cleaning dishes ,bathrooms and taking orders from customers. The people I worked with were very friendly they guided me through anything I was having trouble with. The hardest part of the job would probably be cleaning bathrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers and taking their orders.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Could be a fun and exciting atmosphere.
Line Cook (Assistant Cook & Key Holder) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 October 2018
Depending on who owns the Diner you are applying too (some are better than others), it can be a good atmosphere even when slammed. Other than that every restaurant contains some of the same qualities which can make employment tiresome and redundant.
Pros
Free lunches, save on the grocery bill.
Cons
Open kitchen concept in most Wimpy's Diners. Customers get too personal.
Food Preparation and Kitchen Assistance
co-op, assistant cook, food preparation (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON18 September 2018
I enjoyed my placement at Wimpy's diner. I learned the importance of health and safety and the food and beverage service standards.

Food preparation and customer service were two key tasks in this role and I was able to further improve on both of these tasks.

I really enjoyed working with the staff at Wimpy's and meeting the customers.
Pros
Learning more about food preparation
Cons
was only a placement position
Horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 August 2018
•Owners don’t know how to run a business, make a schedule or speak to their employees.
•Many times will punish you for making mistakes by not giving you shifts for the following week
•Customers aren’t very good tippers, going home with very little cash at the end of each shift
Pros
Food for 3$
Cons
No tips, rude owners, unorganized, unprofessional
Unprofessional
Server (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 July 2018
Barely got any hours and management was awful and everything was outdated and unprofessional. Very angry when things didnt go her way or when mistakes were made. Training was very bad and unprofessional.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
Horrible management
Waitress position
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON17 July 2018
It was an okay place to work very poorly managed schedule was changed repeatedly after being posted so you could not count on knowing when you work from one day to the next. Was hired for part time but forced to work 6 days straight.
great learning exp
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 April 2018
great staff and great place to learn and start to grow in the restaurant field. I enjoyed my time working for this company and learned alot to further venture out and learn more.
mediocre
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 March 2018
Wimpy's isn't the most professional place to work. There were multiple times that people had complained about various things such as a fly in their food or rude costumer service from other workers.
Fun workplace
Server/Manager (Current Employee) –  2800 Barton st east26 January 2018
Fantastic, I enjoyed every aslect. The customers and the employees are very easy going and always in a great mood. The food is always fresh and the the owner is great.
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON3 January 2018
amazing with time management, good at training, wonderful co-workers, fun environment, a lot of regulars, the pay was very good, made me feel very welcomed
Pros
allowing me to book off my hockey
not very organized
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
the restaurant just isn't completely organized. great people to become friends with though, the work environment just instead steady and as functional as you would wish for
Pros
50% off when working
Cons
no discount off shift, no breaks, no over time pay.
Poorly managed, employer does not care about their employees!!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 September 2017
Coworkers were fun people, no manager so many people not carrying their own weight, employer was very inconsiderate of his employees, must make this job your life because you are constantly needed and the stress of this job will follow you home, was called several times on any days off I had to come into work because boss could not get it together and schedule people accordingly. Was taken advantage of, schedule was constantly manipulated and changed after being posted so you can never make any plans. Owners are cheap and do not care about anything other than money. self managed diner had too many responsibilities for one person.
Pros
5 dollars off meals
Cons
long hours and not well managed
good food, friendly customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 July 2017
The job was easy, the menu is not hard to memorize. I quickly learned that organization is key to success at a busy breakfast place. Management was more like family. The hardest part of the job was probably learning the computer and to get the just eats orders in while you are busy. The people who frequent the diner are what made my job so enjoyable.
Pros
half off food
Cons
clean up after shift is done
Fun and fast paced workplace
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2017
Working at the diner was a fun learning experience. I improved on my communication skills as I worked with customers all day. On many days, the diner gets busy so I have to work in a fast paced environment by greeting customers, seating them, taking orders, and serving hot food.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Meeting not so nice people
It's decent money for your time
Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 April 2017
This place is like many family run places. It isn't the most organized or reliable, but it's a good place for younger staff who are just getting into serving and don't want to serve alcohol. I enjoyed the friendly regulars, who were understanding and patient with new workers. I found some staff to be less than approachable, as well as some customers from the area.
Pros
free food, understanding boss, kind regulars
Cons
hours are given last minute, some unfriendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wimpy's Diner. Our community is ready to answer.