Wimpy's Diner

Insights into Wimpy's Diner

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good for experienced individuals

Experience is valued at this workplace. However, inexperienced or rusty workers may find it more difficult to adjust to this fast-paced work environment.Mornings are most busy but afternoons are usually dead.Kitchen staff doesn't speak much English and tend to make-fun of newwer employees. Servers are required to give 03% of their tips to the kitchen.Self sufficiency is very valued in this work place, however you are also expected to assist your coworkers and work quickly. Customer service is extremely important.Servers often work alone during slow hours of the day. During this time you are expected to serve customers, maintain online orders as well as phone orders, do your side duties and maintain cleanliness. Servers are expected to bring their own float (change), apron and notebook.I did personally enjoy working here. However the restaurant is losing business and goes through employees quickly. The other servers are friendly and do their best.

Pros

Hoastesses get a free meal and servers get 50% off during their shift.

Cons

Experience required, difficult kitchen staff, must be a fast learner, no room for error

Productive, fun place to work.

When I was hired at Wimpys, I didn’t just receive a job but I expanded my experience and obtained a second family while working there. Wimpys is a great place to work and gives you many opportunities for your future.

Pros

-Food discount, flexible shifts, amazing co-workers

Dead end job

If you want to waste your life away and never move up, then wimpys is the place for you. Some employers will ensure your 'happiness' by giving you a small raise but some are cheap as heck. There isn't any room to grow or move forward, nothing much to learn and it's all very repetitive and depressing after a while.

Pros

Free lunch for the cooks

Cons

Open kitchen, repetitive, boring, dead end

Busy fun place

I loved working at wimpys diner. The atmosphere customers and co workers were awesome. It was fast paced which I love. Food was great as well as prices.

Pros

Dayshifts

Cons

Head Office making decisions without investigating

Decisions being made by head office without even giving employee a chance to say their side. There are obvious needs to improvement in the line of communicatons.

Awful Place To Work

This is a horrible place to work. Policies change daily and depending on who you ask. For example, the manager may tell you to do something one way, but then the owner disciplines you for doing it incorrectly and wants it done another way. The next day the owner suddenly wants you to do it the way the manager told you the previous day, duh! Schedules are often made on the day the work week begins and are often changed/updated many times during the week which makes childcare incredibly difficult. Staff is forced to clock out for unpaid breaks THAT WE ARENT ALLOWED TO ACTUALLY TAKE. We are told that it is imperative we are certain we punched out for these breaks we don't actually receive because the labour board might make a surprise appearance to check the computers to make sure the staff is treated fairly smh. Lastly, we forced to tip out a large amount (over 3% of our sales), which would be completely fine if that tip out was redistributed to kitchen staff, but that money goes straight to the owner's pocket, who does not participate in the daily work we do. Also, we have to tip out on takeout sales we do not receive tips on. This means that if you call in a takeout order or walk in the store and place a takeout order the server who takes your order is forced to pay the owner for the "privilege" of ringing in and packing that order.

Pros

Hey, its a job

Cons

Shady ethics

Its a good first job or for someone who is in school. Makes a good way to get service skills and make slme extra cash

Makes a good first job. If you're at school or looking for a way to make some extra cash, this job is a good starter job. The job is fairly simple, and relatively easy job to do.

Pros

Tips, service experience

Cons

Stressful not good income

Fun Family Orientated Work Environment

I worked here for several years, I made life long friends and built relationships with my co-workers, management and even customers. If you are willing to work weekends that is when you will make majority of your money. Tips are very low but if you work full time you can make decent money. The environment is very friendly, the menu is simple to learn and the fast paced environment is easy to manage. You must have great communication and customer service skills in order to make the most out of your time and money.

Sad

Bad management, Unfair schedule, unkept promises. Lies, cheats and favoritism. Disappointed in the company that had such promise in the neighborhood but it was not handled well.

I am very happy with my job.

The new owners are amazing. They treat their staff with respect, they are very easy-going. The tips are good, we have great customers. Overall it’s a good working environment.

Fun place to work

The staff is great, the customers are the best, Manager is great.....a nice place to work. Learning the signature dishes was easy with the help of the head cook. Just a great place.

Easy company to work for

Great employers Wonderful co workers I started here 5 1/2 years ago best place I’ve ever worked really enjoy the people in the bosses the food is wonderful

Very fast paced work place, however it is still a good time to work there

It is very great restaurant that provides tasteful food. It is usually really busy during the weekends and holidays and very fast paced to work there. Although i love working there, over the ages, I'm hoping to cut down on working during the weekends to allow me to spend time with my family.

Awful

It was a horrible thankless job. Tips were the worst management was horrible. They treated the employees with the worst disrespect I’ve ever seen. Worst experience ever

good place to work

good place to work ,some management and how things should be handled ,should be worked on but overall ,i do not regret working there at all. i enjoyed growing a bond with customers and surprising them when i would memories their meals .

Pros

50 percent discount while working

Cons

some customers you cant make happy, no matter what you do

It’s a good place to work 50% of the time

Honestly the money is great, and the staff you work with daily are amazing people, the downside is dealing with shady people from the nearby bars, and the owner harasses the employees over text night

Poor management but very nice staff

The staff are really friendly and nice. Working here, you must put the job first. Management doesn't really care about your life and limitations you might have. Make sure you get on the manager's good side, otherwise you're chances of staying there are slim. If you're willing to work with their conditions you can make good money. Tips are nice and the place has a good flow.

Long and depended on for everything

I would seat customers, get them their drinks, clean tables, and ensure customers were accounted for and content. The people that I worked with depended on me for a lot. I worked one day a week and was paid student wage.

Family Restaurant

When I am at work I have to clean the restaurant, Server the customers their food and drinks, I have to seat the customers. I need to make sure my customers are satisfied with both the food and the service provided. The most enjoyable part is getting to talk to the customers.

Fun and engaging place to work

Working as a waiter at wimpy's diner allows you to be a part of a fast paced environment where you still have time to have fun and build strong relationships with both the customers and your colleagues.

Fantastic

owner was alright, not a huge fan. management was amazing. always took the time to make the schedule around you. employees were amazing to work with.

Pros

management

Cons

owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wimpy's Diner. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement