Wimpy's Diner

Wimpy's Diner Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
Makes a good first job. If you're at school or looking for a way to make some extra cash, this job is a good starter job. The job is fairly simple, and relatively easy job to do.
Pros
Tips, service experience
Cons
Stressful not good income
I worked here for several years, I made life long friends and built relationships with my co-workers, management and even customers. If you are willing to work weekends that is when you will make majority of your money. Tips are very low but if you work full time you can make decent money. The environment is very friendly, the menu is simple to learn and the fast paced environment is easy to manage. You must have great communication and customer service skills in order to make the most out of your time and money.
Bad management, Unfair schedule, unkept promises. Lies, cheats and favoritism. Disappointed in the company that had such promise in the neighborhood but it was not handled well.
The new owners are amazing. They treat their staff with respect, they are very easy-going. The tips are good, we have great customers. Overall it’s a good working environment.
The staff is great, the customers are the best, Manager is great.....a nice place to work. Learning the signature dishes was easy with the help of the head cook. Just a great place.
Great employers
Wonderful co workers

I started here 5 1/2 years ago best place I’ve ever worked really enjoy the people in the bosses the food is wonderful
It is very great restaurant that provides tasteful food. It is usually really busy during the weekends and holidays and very fast paced to work there. Although i love working there, over the ages, I'm hoping to cut down on working during the weekends to allow me to spend time with my family.
It was a horrible thankless job.
Tips were the worst management was horrible.

They treated the employees with the worst disrespect I’ve ever seen.

Worst experience ever
good place to work ,some management and how things should be handled ,should be worked on but overall ,i do not regret working there at all. i enjoyed growing a bond with customers and surprising them when i would memories their meals .
Pros
50 percent discount while working
Cons
some customers you cant make happy, no matter what you do
Honestly the money is great, and the staff you work with daily are amazing people, the downside is dealing with shady people from the nearby bars, and the owner harasses the employees over text night
The staff are really friendly and nice. Working here, you must put the job first. Management doesn't really care about your life and limitations you might have. Make sure you get on the manager's good side, otherwise you're chances of staying there are slim. If you're willing to work with their conditions you can make good money. Tips are nice and the place has a good flow.
I would seat customers, get them their drinks, clean tables, and ensure customers were accounted for and content. The people that I worked with depended on me for a lot. I worked one day a week and was paid student wage.
When I am at work I have to clean the restaurant, Server the customers their food and drinks, I have to seat the customers. I need to make sure my customers are satisfied with both the food and the service provided. The most enjoyable part is getting to talk to the customers.
Working as a waiter at wimpy's diner allows you to be a part of a fast paced environment where you still have time to have fun and build strong relationships with both the customers and your colleagues.
owner was alright, not a huge fan. management was amazing. always took the time to make the schedule around you. employees were amazing to work with.
Pros
management
Cons
owner
I was mistreated and unheard. My opinion was irrelevant and so were my feelings. We’d receive pay 2 days after payday. I was called immature and belittled the longer I worked there, I did not feel respected or comfortable at all.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Wimpys is an amazing place to be an employee , they have amazing hours and is a great place to start off your serving carrier. Wimpys has shaped me and changed me into an amazing worker
I worked here for around a year and a half. the managers were outstanding and cared for their employees. It was a very welcoming environment and a great starting opportunity. As most jobs in the service basis come there are rude customers, but the amount of regulars to semi regulars that we served there outstandingly outnumbered the non regulars. Not only as a worker there but as a customer of many years before hand, they managers and employees hosted outstanding customer service as well as respect and exceeding well treatment of their employees. I heavily suggest this place as a great starting experience for those young looking for a job and experience as well as those who are maybe older in need of one.
Typical diner job, but with more meth heads. Have to carry your own float- if somebody walks out on you or you ring somebody in wrong it comes out of your own pocket. Management will try to guilt you out of sick time/time off, and will try to hold you responsible for things that are their responsibility (Mop sink in the back isn't caulked properly and will leak downstairs occasionally. There's a sign up from management threatening to hold employees financially accountable for damages.) Only 'perk' of working there is $5 off food, only on your shift, and only if you've worked at least 5 hours. Veeeery high turn over due to employees feeling disrespected.
Cons
Poor management
I think being a chef is hard but fun.I don't think the job is hard at all.
I learned to make very good food.I don't care what culture, I work with.The most enjoyable part is that we work as a team.I do prep.,

my own dishes and more.
Pros
Cooking
Cons
nothing
Great place to work. Friendly co-workers as well as customers. Typical day at work would be to serve tables in a fast paced environment. I learned many social skills.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Very tiring