WILLSON INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

WILLSON INTERNATIONAL LIMITED Employee Reviews

Don't.
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 February 2020
Save yourself the anguish. Very very hard office to work in, unless yelling, belittling, and disregard for other humans is your thing... be prepared to work in silence. Key entries super fast because they want you to do a ridiculous number of entries an hour; but be prepared to get talked to and made to feel like an absolute idiot when you make a mistake. Management was a joke.

Essentially be fast, narcissistic, and perfect.
Multicultural,warm people and fun place to work
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE /PAYABLE (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2019
I really admired the core value of the organization. It is quite a busy place, still they have lot of excitement to keep the day going. Excellent Team work and cross training. Very supportive Managers.

***If the pay was just few bucks more I would have love to continue with the organization.
Worst company ever
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 November 2019
(Windsor office) They are racist. Very bias to the employee who is new and doesn't know how to respect their co-worker. The manager uses scare tactics to make the employees work more harder. No equality, no office environment, rude people, being yelled when you ask the questions. Constant pressure and stress on employees with their numbers. Labor job is much less stressful than this job.
Willson is a new alternative lifestyle not a job!
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON13 December 2017
You will be asked to work long hours, have no life it's not worth it.

I have seen them fire long term employees for no reason at all.

I have seen others say its a family atmosphere. Yes maybe if you actually are family as family does work there.

Work is tracked and treated like you are being monitored by an accounting firm.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Too much work and long hours
Would Not Return
Border Release Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 February 2017
For the amount of work, the long hours of work and the general awfulness of clients, drivers and management you have to put up with they do not pay anywhere near enough, it's really barely over minimum wage and pitiful compared to some of the other brokers.
Other brokers with the equivalent work load pay at least $4-5 per hour more, the brokers who's pay is equivalent to Willson's has a fraction of the work.
No matter how hard you work, how many extra shifts you take, it's never enough to be treated decently for them, you could and should always be doing more, working harder, clearing more shipments, and days off, come on why would you want to leave the office? It was a nightmare job for little to no money and sure they have benefits, but they're not good enough to put up with being treated like vermin for!
Pros
You'll feel exceptionally liberated when you leave!
Cons
No sleep, barely days off, highly pressured into taking more hours than is legal, insane amount of work and treated awful by management, clients and drivers.
A Family First Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
A great place to work, with fun and supportive staff. A welcoming environment with helpful co-workers and leaders. A good opportunity to grow your network.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
limited growth in some departments
Worst company when it comes to treating fairly
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
Lots of favoritism at this company specially the inside sales team manager has 2-3 favorite employees and they can do whatever they want and she will not say a word to them, on the other hand if you are not on the favorite list which i was not they life is really miserable for you.
Pros
good salary
Cons
worst management team, way to much favoritism, opportunity to move up is almost non existent due to manger
Excellent job opportunity great pay and benefits
Customs Broker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 August 2016
I have worked for this company for a few years now. As long as you do your job there are no complaints. Great atmosphere tof work in. Management is fair. We have decent benefits and vacation time along with sick days and personal days if needed. Can't think of a better place to work right now.
Pros
Company paid lunch once a month. Overtime is available if required
Productive and enjoyable workplace environment
Human Resources Generalist / Payroll (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2015
A typical day at work was dealing with payroll concerns/benefits or even there issues and concerns at work. What I learned is how to deal with each individually and how to fix the problem before it gets worst. Management was awesome, dealt with only senior staff, my coworkers were very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with all payroll related issues and try to add it on the same payroll week without letting the deadline going past. We had some IT people that would always give us there hours late after the deadline and trying to squeeze that in was rough. The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently and not being micro managed.
Pros
Independent environment
Cons
No training provided.
Productive workplace! Makes you feel part of the Willson family
Regulatory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek9 February 2015
I've been working in the Service Department at Willson International for over two years now. Great atmosphere and work environment. I've had the privilege to visit a couple other Willson offices and felt that they would be excellent places to be involved in as well.

Industry leading technology and training provides you with great opportunities to continue your training into more leadership roles.

Excellent group benefit packages, personal time, vacation time.
Pros
Great work/personal life balance
Great Place to Work!
Regulatory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON9 February 2015
I have been with Willson International for 3.5 years, In my 3.5 years with Willson I do not have any complaints.

Great Employees to work with and Management is easy to approch and great to work for.

They are always offering ways to advance and expand your knowlegde of the Customs industry.

Willson has allowed to me to take an obtain my CCS Designation and also management has let me have the opportunity just this past fall to write my Professional Customs Broker Licence with CBSA.

They offer RRSP sharing , Great Benefits, competive salary, and great training
Pros
Great Training, Continual Learning, Friendly Work Enviorment, Great Management
A++
Import Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie13 January 2015
I cannot think of a single complaint to write about Willsons. They make it enjoyable to come into work every day. Great employee’s to work with and amazing management to work for. The communication between Management and workers is prestigious.

Best thing is you are given the opportunity to continuously learn while working!
Inside sales / Operations
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 January 2015
We work together, as a true family to provide the best possible service to our customers and employees alike.
Pros
Great hours, Flexible
5 years with Willson
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON8 January 2015
I've been employed with Willson Intl for a little over 5 years, and have worked independently most of that time. Its a great place to work and I've learned a lot from management and colleagues alike. Willson offers a competitive salary, and in my position commission compensation. They offer RRSP sharing and a lot of other perks! Willson is a great company to work for that truly values employees.
Great place to work....good training and nice people!
Inside sales rep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont7 January 2015
I'm a new employee but the culture here is nurturing and supportive.My co-workers are fun and we are a good TEAM! Management provides training and incentives... a good combination.
Pros
Free Candy, Good training & support
Cool place for entry level candidates
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga7 January 2015
I love this place, they really want you to succeed. Before this, I was in retail and I thought the transition would be cumbersome given the nature of this job, but it was a breeze! Constant learning, motivation and competition are three things that make Willson the place to be!
Pros
good management, motivation, learn everyday and great family oriented
Inside sales/ business development
sales (Current Employee) –  mississauga5 January 2015
This is a great place to work for. Great people, and I am a few steps away from my account executive/VP/manager's office. Besides the countless jokes made about my hockey, I can't think of many issues I have with this company.
Pros
corporate culture, friendly atmosphere
Cons
poor ventilation
Good Job
Import Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sarnia25 August 2014
I have worked for this company for almost 2 years and I quite enjoy working here. My manager treats me fairly and its quite a nice professional office to work in. The training is great and they are even paying for my CCS designation.
Pros
Casual Environment, Good Training
horrible
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON5 May 2014
I worked here for a few years. They treat employees like horribly . You always feel graded, and treat you like you are not good enough. They guilt trip you if you cannot work extra hours , and they expect you to do the impossible. The management team is rude and they do not help you , the office is all gossip , and you have to suck up to get anywhere in the company .
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
hard to get days off, expect you to do a certain amount of work an hour, and if you get stuck with problems they dont care . very unprofessional in their culture
exceedingly awful
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON12 December 2013
Supervisors and the manager always stand over top of you and distract you from your work then they tell you did a great job and everything you do is excellent but then they go behind your back and talk about how much they really hate you. You only get half an hour lunch and if you're late they reem you out. These people have no clue how to run anything when I was in training my trainer sat on skype all day and taught me next to nothing. I would not recommend this job to anyone even if you're desperate.
Pros
Cons
Everything, no time to have an actual life outside of your horrible job where you get paid very little

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WILLSON INTERNATIONAL LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7