WILLSON INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

WILLSON INTERNATIONAL LIMITED Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
I've started to work there few years agp and the training took in place at Fort Erie. They've accommodated my expenses and hotel was paid respectively. Trainer was awesome in Fort Erie. I got to Windsor started a week later, and I like how Windsor office bashed Fort Erie trainer and its people saying "they're trash at teaching don't listen to them, listen to us only and forget what they taught you". That alone if you have no experience with logistics is a stress card but luckily I have experience. Notice unprofessional start. Windsor office then started to become gossip central and drama but I've minded my own business and focused on my work. Never noticed how much negativity employees have hating their job especially long term employees working day time always miserable until you try to comfort them. There are a lot of health and safety violations that was not followed. Also data breach was a big issue. The teaching process was horrible, new employees came and since some management known each other from other brokers like Farrow they favorite them over other employees but they never effected me. I got a temp lay off for Covid-19 till beginning of August they called and decided to make it permanent lay off meanwhile, they have a job posting available and they kept newer hires from previous logistic company because they know each other and love favorites. Although they done that, I think we need to question the legal laws here.
Pros
Permanent schedule, friendly management, laid back at times
Cons
Favouritism, Disrespect, Lack of job security, sexists, and some racism (not happened to me personally)
No support from upper management,HR is a joke.
Work you too hard, no time for home life.I had to work more than 60 hours a week just to try and keep up.
This was one of those jobs that I regret leaving. I was talked into leaving by a previous boss. The employees were great the management was very good. System changes were structured and planned. The travel to other offices was a nice change of pace and not excessive. This was just a good place to work.
Save yourself the anguish. Very very hard office to work in, unless yelling, belittling, and disregard for other humans is your thing... be prepared to work in silence. Key entries super fast because they want you to do a ridiculous number of entries an hour; but be prepared to get talked to and made to feel like an absolute idiot when you make a mistake. Management was a joke.

Essentially be fast, narcissistic, and perfect.
I really admired the core value of the organization. It is quite a busy place, still they have lot of excitement to keep the day going. Excellent Team work and cross training. Very supportive Managers.

***If the pay was just few bucks more I would have love to continue with the organization.
(Windsor office) They are racist. Very bias to the employee who is new and doesn't know how to respect their co-worker. The manager uses scare tactics to make the employees work more harder. No equality, no office environment, rude people, being yelled when you ask the questions. Constant pressure and stress on employees with their numbers. Labor job is much less stressful than this job.
In the customs field, it is necessary to have a fast paced workplace.

Willson has lots of workplace politics. if you are not liked by management, you will not go far.

Employees are not held accountable if they do not perform to their required level, and others are left to pick up the slack.

There are very good benefits, but the pay is not a living wage for the stress involved.
You will be asked to work long hours, have no life it's not worth it.

I have seen them fire long term employees for no reason at all.

I have seen others say its a family atmosphere. Yes maybe if you actually are family as family does work there.

Work is tracked and treated like you are being monitored by an accounting firm.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Too much work and long hours
For the amount of work, the long hours of work and the general awfulness of clients, drivers and management you have to put up with they do not pay anywhere near enough, it's really barely over minimum wage and pitiful compared to some of the other brokers.
Other brokers with the equivalent work load pay at least $4-5 per hour more, the brokers who's pay is equivalent to Willson's has a fraction of the work.

No matter how hard you work, how many extra shifts you take, it's never enough to be treated decently for them, you could and should always be doing more, working harder, clearing more shipments, and days off, come on why would you want to leave the office? It was a nightmare job for little to no money and sure they have benefits, but they're not good enough to put up with being treated like vermin for!
Pros
You'll feel exceptionally liberated when you leave!
Cons
No sleep, barely days off, highly pressured into taking more hours than is legal, insane amount of work and treated awful by management, clients and drivers.
A great place to work, with fun and supportive staff. A welcoming environment with helpful co-workers and leaders. A good opportunity to grow your network.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
limited growth in some departments
Lots of favoritism at this company specially the inside sales team manager has 2-3 favorite employees and they can do whatever they want and she will not say a word to them, on the other hand if you are not on the favorite list which i was not they life is really miserable for you.
Pros
good salary
Cons
worst management team, way to much favoritism, opportunity to move up is almost non existent due to manger
I have worked for this company for a few years now. As long as you do your job there are no complaints. Great atmosphere tof work in. Management is fair. We have decent benefits and vacation time along with sick days and personal days if needed. Can't think of a better place to work right now.
Pros
Company paid lunch once a month. Overtime is available if required
A typical day at work was dealing with payroll concerns/benefits or even there issues and concerns at work. What I learned is how to deal with each individually and how to fix the problem before it gets worst. Management was awesome, dealt with only senior staff, my coworkers were very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with all payroll related issues and try to add it on the same payroll week without letting the deadline going past. We had some IT people that would always give us there hours late after the deadline and trying to squeeze that in was rough. The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently and not being micro managed.
Pros
Independent environment
Cons
No training provided.
I've been working in the Service Department at Willson International for over two years now. Great atmosphere and work environment. I've had the privilege to visit a couple other Willson offices and felt that they would be excellent places to be involved in as well.

Industry leading technology and training provides you with great opportunities to continue your training into more leadership roles.

Excellent group benefit packages, personal time, vacation time.
Pros
Great work/personal life balance
I have been with Willson International for 3.5 years, In my 3.5 years with Willson I do not have any complaints.

Great Employees to work with and Management is easy to approch and great to work for.

They are always offering ways to advance and expand your knowlegde of the Customs industry.

Willson has allowed to me to take an obtain my CCS Designation and also management has let me have the opportunity just this past fall to write my Professional Customs Broker Licence with CBSA.

They offer RRSP sharing , Great Benefits, competive salary, and great training
Pros
Great Training, Continual Learning, Friendly Work Enviorment, Great Management
I cannot think of a single complaint to write about Willsons. They make it enjoyable to come into work every day. Great employee’s to work with and amazing management to work for. The communication between Management and workers is prestigious.

Best thing is you are given the opportunity to continuously learn while working!
We work together, as a true family to provide the best possible service to our customers and employees alike.
Pros
Great hours, Flexible
I've been employed with Willson Intl for a little over 5 years, and have worked independently most of that time. Its a great place to work and I've learned a lot from management and colleagues alike. Willson offers a competitive salary, and in my position commission compensation. They offer RRSP sharing and a lot of other perks! Willson is a great company to work for that truly values employees.
I'm a new employee but the culture here is nurturing and supportive.My co-workers are fun and we are a good TEAM! Management provides training and incentives... a good combination.
Pros
Free Candy, Good training & support
I love this place, they really want you to succeed. Before this, I was in retail and I thought the transition would be cumbersome given the nature of this job, but it was a breeze! Constant learning, motivation and competition are three things that make Willson the place to be!
Pros
good management, motivation, learn everyday and great family oriented
This is a great place to work for. Great people, and I am a few steps away from my account executive/VP/manager's office. Besides the countless jokes made about my hockey, I can't think of many issues I have with this company.
Pros
corporate culture, friendly atmosphere
Cons
poor ventilation