WillScot

WillScot Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Was good except for the amount of brown nosing and butt kissing you need to do to keep your job. You can be a top performer but if you're not buddy buddy with your boss, you're not going anywhere. Very clicky.
Pros
Pay
Cons
une bonne culture securitaire pour les employees, bon avantage sociaux
Poor working environment, no support from management, only concerned with the bottom line and not their people. Management has no connection with the workers, offers little support and doesn't remember how to spell names.
a typical day consists of trailer servicing and repair. i've learned a lot about carpentry work. there is a good work environment. you spend a lot of time working alone
Due to oil slowdown, job security has really dropped. Otherwise no issues with company as a whole. Decent management, new building (Acheson), strong safety culture, good team to work with.
Terrible management. They don't care about the workers because they have a very quick turnover with new temps. They also force overtime when orders are due.
I did loved working there. except at the end. it was just my manager at the time that I did not get along with. i loved everyone that worked there.
Unorganized, treats employees like they are a number. Managers are dishonest. Do not recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career. would NOT return
Company is growing with lots of opportunities. With Williams Scotsman things are constantly changing, if you are not a person that likes change this may not be the place for you.
Pros
Good Pay for Sales
Cons
Constant change within the company, decreases job security.
Title says it all.

Pay:

I was hired at the start of 2016 as a service technician, or so I thought. I was hired to do the work of a service technician, but was being paid as a service worker. I spent the next 15 months fighting to get a raise/promotion to the level I should have been. I did eventually get a proper raise after cornering one of the bosses in the lunch room, and after they tried to give me a low raise. Never got any back pay either. There's 10k I'll never see. I got a Cost of Living increase this year which really didn't cover anything.

Opportunity:

I never moved beyond service tech after 3 years. I was told there would be a service manager when I was hired, which was never true. I asked about a Lead Tech role, but they also did away with that position. At one point they had a Temp agency hire some people for us, so we could use them instead of hiring direct. One guy worked for 7 months as a temp before getting hired. That was only after someone else quit, Put him on probation after that as well. Never heard of such a practice before.

Training:

Basically I worked by myself from the first day, and pretty much for the next 18 months. The guy that was supposed to be training me was pretty lazy and just hid in the office most of the time. Most of the job was me just figuring it out, and no real idea if I was doing it correctly or not. Very little feedback from my boss if I was doing it correctly or not.

Work:

The job varies from easy to crazy. The first year was pretty chill. I worked on my own at my own pace, but I'd frequently had to work excessively
 - more...
Pros
Free Lunches, Sick days.
Cons
Too many to count.
Unless you enjoy being micromanaged and expected to take on a huge workload with no appreciation, I suggest you look elsewhere. Upper management will never help out the little guys, and HR is 100% useless. Even if you put in multiple calls, they will never actually do anything to help you.
Cons
Terrible management, workload is far too heavy, financials are horrendous & AR is out of control.
High degree of independence to get your work done. Management is easy to approach with any concerns. Corporate meetings are well planned and executed.
Pros
Great convention trips
Cons
Outside sales team
When I went to work for William Scotsman it was my dream job. I was in a supervisory position in the cleaning department. It was an awesome place to work and I was hoping to end my working career there. Sadly the company went another direction.
Pros
free barbaques lunches
Cons
tight deadlines
o Write SOP's
o Enforce Drug and Alcohol Policy

o Evidence collection/disposal

o Conduct and monitor investigations

o Manage contracted Security guards

o Create data base of investigations, statistics and reports

o Access control

o Liaise with local RCMP as required
Pros
14-14
Cons
Short work days, 8 hours
- Manage daily safety operations for the Canada and Alaska regions. - Communicate with workers, managers, and supervisors to obtain positive results.
- Ability to develop health and safety culture within the company.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining positive results.
Pros
Ability to ensure a safe workplace
Cons
Employee turnover
Typically travelled a lot to Ft. McMurray to keep a workforce lodge we acquired full of workers and trades who worked in the area south of Ft.McMurray towards Conklin.
Management was indecisive about the direction they wanted to go with workforce housing in Canada. Ultimately, they shut down the division and I was laid off with the downturn in oil and gas. Continuous management change at all levels.

The people I worked with, outside of management, were great. The hardest part was the long hours, early morning travel to late evening travelling on dangerous highways in Northern Alberta.
Pros
Good salary and commission structure
Cons
I started in this position when it was disorganized. i got it to function and organized it. Sadly with the economy and productions levels it had to be moved to the states.