Willowbrae Academy Employee Reviews

Good environment and cooperative coworkers
EARLY CHILDCARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 May 2019
Its really good to work in there. Very comfortable environment and supporting staff. Proper breaks and lunch. Management is very supportive towards your problems and help.
Amazing place to work at
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 January 2019
loving environment, balanced schedule, easily get along with staff, the boss is understanding, in class terms are fair, must be a good salary I was only a student there.
Pros
playing with kids
Cons
can become strenous
4 year work experience in private company in pakistan
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2018
4 year working experience in private company after completing my Mba (management)in Pakistan. i have an experience in making quotations, purchase order and mantaining stock.
It's a trap!
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 June 2018
The facility itself is amazing! Brightly colored walls, large windows, cameras on site, etc. The issue lies with management. Management overlooks and turns a blind eye to issues amongst staff members and that leads to classrooms in conflict. The staff overturn alone will drive that point home. The children are constantly having to adjust to new staff and wondering where the old staff has gone. Plenty of parents have had concerns about other issues as well, but management makes themselves so unavailable to certain parents that it makes meetings next to impossible. There is an EXTREME lack of communication between Willowbrae and its families. If parent issues and concerns aren't a priority...then what is??

Another issue lies in the constant flip flopping regarding policies. Most centres make a policy and stick to it. Willowbrae will adjust the policies to whatever will make a parent happy at the moment.

Shift schedules. Where to begin? Instead of working the standard 8 hours, Willowbrae operates based on 8 1/2. That's fine (a little annoying, but I digress). However...management always seems to forget to organize staff in such a way that people are able to leave on time. For some reason, staff have to hunt down somebody in charge to let them know they've ended and they have X amount of kids. Or they end up wandering the halls with a number of kids and splitting them among other classrooms. Parents have complained multiple times about their children not being in certain classrooms, or having to hunt down their kids at the end of the day. It's insane!

Overall, anyone who
  more... works here for at least a couple of months will understand these ongoing issues. It's quite a shame, considering all the potential Willowbrae has as a centre. If you've just graduated school, I'd say take the job and learn about what kind of environment you DON'T want to work in for your next job.  less
Pros
Great facility
Cons
Poor wages, long hours, lack of proper management
it was a very unorganized place
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC25 March 2017
well most the work was dumped on me while the ECE's and the boss did not help much. it was very unorganized, the co-workers were not friendly at all. the environment was always stressful. they pay sucked and they treated us badly, the turnover rate for employees is sick and i think the children are not treated very well. i could also see that some of the children were scared of the teachers. the owner was very cheap in every aspect and i think the place should be shut down, i do not recommend anyone apply for a job as it wont last long. they hired me then three weeks later they told me they didn't have enough work to keep me in a job with them.
Pros
Cons
too many to list