Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Very good working environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2019
Professional people. Good working environment. Closer to downtown Toronto. Good paying job. Lot of retirement benefits for permanent employees. chances of growth.
Outstanding People
Actuarial Retirement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
I've learned a lot during my time in the retirement practice and got exposure to different projects that helped augment my understanding of the industry.

The people I worked with were very professional and they made me feel part of the team. We had many events that helped foster a great workplace culture that included volunteer days, exam passing parties and mentorship lunches.
Pros
Great Mentorship program
Cons
Long Hours, Lack of proper training for Contractees
A great place to work in where I learned a work-life integrated balance
Testing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region12 November 2018
My stint in Willis Towers Watson has greatly enhanced my management and leadership skills. I worked with a great roster of individuals (Manual, Automation and Performance Testers). I was also given an opportunity to work in the UK in order to support our project deliverables. If given another opportunity, I would love to work for this organization again.
Environnement de travail
Conseiller adjoint - Régimes de retraite (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2018
Équipe dynamique et coopérative
Espace de travail agréable
Company cares for its colleagues
Global Technical Support Team Lead (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region21 December 2017
The company invests in the overall well-being of its colleagues / associates by supporting and sponsoring interests groups and wellness activities and programs.
Pros
Free healthy snack every week
Fun experience
Data Encoder (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region9 December 2017
It was my first job and I met people I never thought I'll meet. They taught me to be more flexible and be responsible. I was in graveyard shift and the work place is far from my home yet I still manage to come to office 1 hour early.

My tenured office mates are really approachable and nice to talk to even in non-work related topics. They are also thoughtful and always make us (contractual employees) feel comfortable and not neglected.
Pros
Free fruits and probiotic drink every Tuesday, free lunch for Saturday over time and free foods every peak season
Great learning experience
Consulting Analyst, Executive Compensation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
The office's friendly staff were the highlight of the experience at Willis Towers Watson. For entry-level employees, though, salary did not match the tradeoff in work-life balance that came with the job.
N/a
Benefits and Pension Plans (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
A typical day at work is a typical 9-5 and Monday to Friday.
Workplace culture is typical, nothing new.
Interesting social activities
Working from home is available
Great
Benefits Administration Associate, Client Lead (Current Employee) –  MTL3 July 2017
I love working here and the environment and the people I work with! At times it may be a little rough but WTW is awesome. I have been working here going on 2 years and I cannot complain.
good compensation but poor work/life balance
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Good to start as new grads, provides systematic training to new hires.
Big global company, exposure to lots of different types of clients/projects.
Due to the high turnover rate, new people get chance to step up to junior-mid level quickly
Pros
good compensations, lots of training/learning opportunities, operation in structure
Cons
need to work overtime frequently, lots of stress from work, hardworking might not be recognized, new tools/system reduce work efficiency dramatically

Want to know more about Willis Towers Watson?

Ask a question
Excellent Firm
Pension Plan Division Internship (Former Employee) –  Watson, SK27 October 2015
Towers Watson is a great firm to work for. People are really nice and they have a great firm culture which creates a good working environment.
Good company, good people.
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2015
A bit dry but an enjoyable workplace nonetheless. Good worklife balance and culture.
Overall decent Jobs
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2014
Have to stay late every day, and have to work past dinner time and sometimes on weekends
Pros
Paid dinners if you stay late
Cons
On average over 60 hours a week
Management is all about making money
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2014
management dont really care much about employees and all they thing is their bonus at the end of the year
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours, management not professional
Stressful place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2014
Very little understanding for work/life balance. Good benefits but raises and promotions are difficult to obtain. They like to have you do the next level job up without officially promoting or giving raise for new responsibilities.
Brilliant people, challenging work, dynamic atmosphere
Investment Consulting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2013
Towers Watson provided a challenging environment that required hard work, innovative thinking, and a commitment to excellence.
Poor computer systems
Executive Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2012
Towers Watson is a great company to work for but was at the time of my employment there plagued with poor computer systems which would make an already tedious - more frustrating. Long hours would eventually result.

The job entailed a lot of the requirements to be self taught. Training was only sufficient in learning about the company but the core work itself had a significantly steep learning curve.