Willis Towers Watson

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
A good place to work.
Located in downtown Toronto, and right on a subway line. Very accessible. Some good restaurants in the area. The company has a wide variety of talents from different spheres.
Flexibilité
C'est vraiment la meilleure entreprise pour laquelle j'ai travaillé a vie. Ils sont respectueux de leurs employés, ils sont transparents et nous tiennent au courant dès qu'il y a un enjeu, des changements à venir, etc. Ja compagnie est flexible et a à coeur le bien-être de leuts employés. Ils sont à l'écoute et ouverts aux changements. J'ai refusé des emplois mieux rémunérés ailleurs par crainte de ne pas retrouver de telles conditions. Ma crainte est que la culture d'entreprise change avec la fusion à venir. A suivre
Good company
Willis Towers Watson is a global company that offers work-life balance, good compensation and competitive benefit package, and good working environment.
Good company
Great company to work for. Lots of good people here who are very helpful. Management is very good too.
Overall good culture and good working environment.
Fast paced
This employer provides excellent benefits and pay, and also allow for the possibility to work from home.
Colleagues are extremely inclusive and welcoming.
Working at WTW - It's OK
One of the main problem at WTW is that matrix management doesn't work. Basically, WTW is great to provide best practices to customers, but they do not implement it internally which can be quite frustrating. Internal HR systems seem to date back the 1990s.

Advancement opportunities are numerous and hard work is usually recognized. Entry level salaries are not amazing and are often lower than industry competitor. Yet, when you move up the ladder, salary increases and bonuses become very interesting.

All in all, due to the billable and sales targets, you will work long hours doing work that is most often not very interesting. There is also a spirit of ''you are on your own to reach your targets''. If you enjoy being part of a team, this might not be an ideal gig. However, WTW is a decent employer and offer good salary at Director level and up.

Good place to gain experience and go work in the corporate world after a short stint (at a client's for instance). That is the path that most of the best consultant end up taking...less work, less stress and more money.
Toxic environment, company politics, East vs West struggles
Best part of the job came from the actual engagement with clients, understanding their needs and offering solutions. Hardest part of the job comes from management and co-workers being insecure, distrustful and micro-managing everything with deep fears of about loosing accounts creates unnecessary stress, and makes it extremely difficult to collaborate. Collaboration was further challenged with commission only employees and salaried employees failing to find a common ground that would ultimately benefit the client.
Pros
New downtown office location, modern, trendy open concept office. Lots of free food. Gym on site.
Cons
Limited seats in the open concept office, Lots of us vs them mentality for a recently merged organization.
Its a like a cemetery
You are on your own. You manage yourself, there is NO training. After 3 months of being on line doing nothing, they tell you, you have now spent 3 months reading the knowledge bases for each and one of our 50 clients. Now go on the phone now.

Its like a cemetery, no one talks to anyone. Just a few men and many many young women with humongous egos.
Not an ideal place to move up.
Not a lot of positions available to move up and develop ones' skill set. Easy to get to located downtown right off of bloor station. Not a great work life balance,
Good place to work,very talented people, but hard to move up and stuck in a legacy way of doing work..
Hard to go against the grain and make suggestions as everyone higher up already knows everything...
informatisation des données confidentielles.
Journées très longue et monitone.
N'étant pas comptable ou analyste financier, j'étais mis à l'écart pour à peu près tout.

Peu de communications entre moi et mes suppérieurs.
Very good working environment
Professional people. Good working environment. Closer to downtown Toronto. Good paying job. Lot of retirement benefits for permanent employees. chances of growth.
Outstanding People
I've learned a lot during my time in the retirement practice and got exposure to different projects that helped augment my understanding of the industry.

The people I worked with were very professional and they made me feel part of the team. We had many events that helped foster a great workplace culture that included volunteer days, exam passing parties and mentorship lunches.
Pros
Great Mentorship program
Cons
Long Hours, Lack of proper training for Contractees
A great place to work in where I learned a work-life integrated balance
My stint in Willis Towers Watson has greatly enhanced my management and leadership skills. I worked with a great roster of individuals (Manual, Automation and Performance Testers). I was also given an opportunity to work in the UK in order to support our project deliverables. If given another opportunity, I would love to work for this organization again.
Environnement de travail
Équipe dynamique et coopérative
Espace de travail agréable
Company cares for its colleagues
The company invests in the overall well-being of its colleagues / associates by supporting and sponsoring interests groups and wellness activities and programs.
Pros
Free healthy snack every week
Fun experience
It was my first job and I met people I never thought I'll meet. They taught me to be more flexible and be responsible. I was in graveyard shift and the work place is far from my home yet I still manage to come to office 1 hour early.

My tenured office mates are really approachable and nice to talk to even in non-work related topics. They are also thoughtful and always make us (contractual employees) feel comfortable and not neglected.
Pros
Free fruits and probiotic drink every Tuesday, free lunch for Saturday over time and free foods every peak season
Great learning experience
The office's friendly staff were the highlight of the experience at Willis Towers Watson. For entry-level employees, though, salary did not match the tradeoff in work-life balance that came with the job.
N/a
A typical day at work is a typical 9-5 and Monday to Friday.
Workplace culture is typical, nothing new.

Interesting social activities

Working from home is available
Great
I love working here and the environment and the people I work with! At times it may be a little rough but WTW is awesome. I have been working here going on 2 years and I cannot complain.
good compensation but poor work/life balance
Good to start as new grads, provides systematic training to new hires.
Big global company, exposure to lots of different types of clients/projects.

Due to the high turnover rate, new people get chance to step up to junior-mid level quickly
Pros
good compensations, lots of training/learning opportunities, operation in structure
Cons
need to work overtime frequently, lots of stress from work, hardworking might not be recognized, new tools/system reduce work efficiency dramatically
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.