Williams Machinery Employee Review

View all Williams Machinery reviews

Micro managed by inexperienced CEO
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thompson/Okanagan5 July 2016
Challenge to get through day today whirlwind because inexperienced executive management team will not allow experienced Operations and Sales Management individuals complete good business management tasks. Definitely a top down finance organization with 0 regard for the staff regard personal workloads, correct infrastructure and safety.
I hope there is change in the near future.

Other Williams Machinery Employee Reviews

Toxic culture
Technician (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2019
Avoid working for this company.

The fact that this company has won best managed is a joke.

Poor leadership across the entire organization, and one of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked for.

You are not valued as an employee, and they wonder why the morale of the place is so low. There is a high turnover at this place for a reason. The only people who have around are the senior technicians. Most of the younger people use it as a stepping stone to a better opportunity.

Unionized workers are only there for a paycheck, and have a terrible relationship with management team.
Pros
Cons
There is literally nothing good about this place
Official response from Williams Machinery
24 June 2019

Employees with good values and strong work ethic will do well here.
In our 2018 Employee survey, which had 93% participation, feedback was mostly positive. For example;
• 80% of employees agree they have opportunities to learn.
• 86% of employees agree they are proud to work here.
• 89% of employees feel we have defined values that state what the organization stands for.
• 77% of the employees feel our culture reflects these values.
Our employee turnover rate was 14% in 2018 and the same in 2017.
We continue to work on areas of improvement as identified by team members who are committed to our continuous improvement journey.

Excellent Place to Work For With Great People
Administration (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 April 2018
Williams Machinery is a wonderful place to work for. It is a very well-managed company with managers that care about their employees and want to see them improve and succeed. From my experience, all the managers here are understanding and are there to assist you if needed. Employees are extremely friendly and welcoming to new hires. One thing I love about this company is that it is all about the customer and their needs and guaranteeing that the customer is satisfied. I see this first hand every day. The company has very specific values and beliefs as part of its culture. Management holds meetings and events constantly to emphasize these values to all employees. You can tell management cares a great deal about their staff.

Employee engagement is an integral value that this company believes in. Williams Machinery is by far the funnest company I have worked for. I enjoy coming in to work and interacting with my fellow employees daily. We celebrate birthdays, work anniversaries and retirement functions, to name a few, by going for lunches and dinners. All year long, the company hosts potlucks, BBQ's and fundraisers to raise money for certain charities that Williams Machinery is involved with. I can't stress enough about the numerous company events and functions held here that allow for team building and for employees to become very good friends. I feel very much part of a team working at Williams Machinery!
Pros
Managers are always helpful, opportunity to advance in the company, a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about Williams Machinery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Machinery. Our community is ready to answer.

Williams Machinery Reviews by Location