Williams Machinery Employee Review

View all Williams Machinery reviews

Great industry experience and career development for new grads
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
I was hired right after university graduation in the accounting/finance team. The management provided useful training and career development for young professionals. I was given opportunities to work on multiple important projects to gain valuable hands-on industry working experience. The management also promotes work-life balance and employee health through some incentive program. In my department, my colleagues were really friendly and knowledgeable. We had a lot of team building events after work. Even after I left the company for over two years, I still kept in touch with them.
Pros
Useful industry experience and good career development opportunities
Cons
Career advancement opportunity is vague
Official response from Williams Machinery
6 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We have been working hard and are committed to providing our employees with work life balance and opportunities to gain industry experience that is useful and worthwhile to further their career. Your feedback on clear communication regarding advancement opportunities is greatly appreciated. We are working on ensuring career discussions are being held regularly with all of our employees so that advancement opportunities are more clearly outlined for our people. Thank you for being a part of our team and we wish you success in your career. - the Williams Machinery team.

Other Williams Machinery Employee Reviews

Toxic culture
Technician (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2019
Avoid working for this company.

The fact that this company has won best managed is a joke.

Poor leadership across the entire organization, and one of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked for.

You are not valued as an employee, and they wonder why the morale of the place is so low. There is a high turnover at this place for a reason. The only people who have around are the senior technicians. Most of the younger people use it as a stepping stone to a better opportunity.

Unionized workers are only there for a paycheck, and have a terrible relationship with management team.
Pros
Cons
There is literally nothing good about this place
Official response from Williams Machinery
24 June 2019

Employees with good values and strong work ethic will do well here.
In our 2018 Employee survey, which had 93% participation, feedback was mostly positive. For example;
• 80% of employees agree they have opportunities to learn.
• 86% of employees agree they are proud to work here.
• 89% of employees feel we have defined values that state what the organization stands for.
• 77% of the employees feel our culture reflects these values.
Our employee turnover rate was 14% in 2018 and the same in 2017.
We continue to work on areas of improvement as identified by team members who are committed to our continuous improvement journey.

Excellent Place to Work For With Great People
Administration (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 April 2018
Williams Machinery is a wonderful place to work for. It is a very well-managed company with managers that care about their employees and want to see them improve and succeed. From my experience, all the managers here are understanding and are there to assist you if needed. Employees are extremely friendly and welcoming to new hires. One thing I love about this company is that it is all about the customer and their needs and guaranteeing that the customer is satisfied. I see this first hand every day. The company has very specific values and beliefs as part of its culture. Management holds meetings and events constantly to emphasize these values to all employees. You can tell management cares a great deal about their staff.

Employee engagement is an integral value that this company believes in. Williams Machinery is by far the funnest company I have worked for. I enjoy coming in to work and interacting with my fellow employees daily. We celebrate birthdays, work anniversaries and retirement functions, to name a few, by going for lunches and dinners. All year long, the company hosts potlucks, BBQ's and fundraisers to raise money for certain charities that Williams Machinery is involved with. I can't stress enough about the numerous company events and functions held here that allow for team building and for employees to become very good friends. I feel very much part of a team working at Williams Machinery!
Pros
Managers are always helpful, opportunity to advance in the company, a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about Williams Machinery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Machinery. Our community is ready to answer.

Williams Machinery Reviews by Location