Williams Fresh Café

Williams Fresh Café Employee Reviews

Canada99 reviews
Good learning Experience of Fast Paced Work Environment
The outlet where I worked is very busy especially on weekends and STAT holidays. We were always under-staff. Poor management and undefined roles of individual makes it very difficult to run the operations smoothly.
I absolutely hated my experience at this job but it taught me the lows of the business world I appreciate my current job alot more thanks to williams
Management was terrible, they made mistakes then blamed me for them. I took a weeks vacation then when I returned got extremely sick and when I called in managers told me I already called in last week when I hadn't I had booked off that week 4 months in advance, then proceeded to tell me I was wrong when they just hadn't payed attention to their own staff overall an awful experience but one I had to go through to grow as a person
Pros
some of the staff where kind
Cons
Everything else
difficult
It was unbelievable the way i was treated here. the other workers are very nice but management is very difficult and hard to connect with. i would not recommend
Nice
Management was super great when I worked here. They are very flexible when it comes to requesting days off and schedules are always good for hours. I liked this place
Fun great environment great owner
Had a great environment great staff really felt like a family. The work was fun but pay was low. Flexible hours Courteous owner . Fast pace environment with ways to grow.
difficult customers
difficult envirnment, mean customers, ignorant students, decent owners and management, fine hours poor wage and worse tips. friendly fellow employees a
Manager
a typical day at work involves me handling financial business and creating new marketing strategies to help improve the finances. I would then go on to deal with any issues the employees were facing, and any issues going on within the store and find innovative ways to solve them. I learned how to be patient and be able to listen to others. I also learned the importance of being organized, as it makes life much easier. the hardest part of the job is the fact that it was a little slow-paced for my liking. and the most enjoyable part is having tasks and being able to complete them all at the end of the day.
rude boss
owner was very disrespectful and rude, called me names no-one should be called couldn't voice my opinion and overall was unhappy. when I asked for a break she would get mad
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Williams Fresh Café?
Fun , busy
At times it could be very fun, usually I would bring a speaker and listen to music as I work in the back kitchen. If your friend works with you there, even better. They also give you free food which is great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busy sometimes
Stressful, not worth it
Training was nonexistent. I got a ten minute tour and then thrown onto cash, and then expected to be an expert at everything after a week.
Owners constantly breathe down your neck, and will watch you work using the cameras at their home. If you're not doing something they like, they'll phone the store to yell at you.

There were about 3 supervisors, and the one I was stuck working with all the time refused to train me.They were unfriendly and constantly told me I might be fired. They were less than helpful and rude. If they didn't like you, they made it clear. Completely unprofessional for a supervisor. It didn't help that they've been caught numerous times stealing tips. One time the owner even witnessed it themselves, and somehow they still weren't fired. If that supervisor was splitting the tips that weren't already pocketed, they gave more to the people they liked and less to the ones they didn't.

I highly recommend you don't work here, it's not worth the stress. The only thing that kept me there were the kind coworkers, and it got better once the supervisor left.There's a reason why this place can't keep staff, they quit after they've had enough of this.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
treated terribly
Busy but Great Place to work
Williams is located near the University of Waterloo and is very busy throughout the school year. A typical day wat work involves me working on prep and making food for customers.
Great people, terrible food care
I had the best job experiance while working. However some changes could be made. The training was a little more relxed than I believe it should be. But overall good experiance and I learned a lot.
Pros
50% Off
Cons
Got food poisoning
Awful place to work.
When I originally started working at Williams I loved it. Loved the people, and making the products. What really changed my experience was the organization of how the company was being managed. I got little-to-no training and then got yelled at for not knowing how to do something. The manager would then go around and talk disrespectfully about me because she did not train me how to do something.
not great
management needs improvement, training is horrible as everyone does everything differently, constantly shorted on paychecks, you get the schedule for the next week on the sunday night before, job duties are unclear, ripped off on tips.
Awful
Worked here for over 8 months, never gave breaks when scheduled and always expected to do everyone else’s work. The manger always left early and cared about herself. Made everyone work on weekends but say she didn’t work any weekends cause of “religious beliefs” it was absolutely horrible wouldn’t recommend working here at all.
Cons
Good workplace before new management
When i got hired at Williams and it was a joyful and fun job, I loved going into work. I liked the pace of the environment, the friendliness of the customers and the amazing relationships with my co-workers.
This was until new management took over. The new manager was creepy, made rude and inappropriate remarks and when it was brought up to the owner, nothing was done. The new management also brought in a lot of close friends which was awkward for the other staff because we had to deal with a lot of personal drama.

If Williams kept their old ways, I would have stayed for much longer.
Pros
Discounted food, good location
Friendly workplace environment
The co-workers that I have had the pleasure to perform tasks with are very welcoming and approachable when I was new. They will help you get in the rhythm to work properly and provide excellent customer service.
Fun environment
Great workplace, Fun staff, the atmosphere was great for my second job and the staffing was very accommodating managing hours around my school schedule in college.
Fun and flexible work place
Management was very supportive and professional. Employees were rewarded on merit. I always felt were shorted staff on a consistent basis. Hours of work were consistent.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Consistently understaffed
Great place to work at
Everyday is exciting and different from the day before. Love connecting with customers on a daily basis. Williams healthy menu options made fresh to order. The team members are enthusiastic and fun to work with.
okay
I liked the job for the most part at the beginning. Certain managers were better than others like in any work place. The owner was very repetitive to all staff members even when we were doing our job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Fresh Café. Our community is ready to answer.