Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Information from Williams-Sonoma, Inc.:

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Organised and great co-workers
Is a good place to have a sales experience.
The co-workers are very helpful and collaboratives.

Is an organization with good guidelines and culture.
Agréable
On se sent comme une famille et on veut toujours que les employés soient bien traités et en confiance.
The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing!
With in the time I have been here I have witnessed the following;

Leadership stealing sales from the associates.

Unqualified upper management

Company claims employees first...further from the truth
Great place to work at
I love cookware and kitchenware, I highly recommend applying if youère into that as well. I had to leave because I changed schools and had to go somewhere else, but I wish I had stayed.
Typical Commission Work
Harder than realized when first hired. Commission based selling is not for everyone and not everyone is good/great at up selling a lifestyle they personally do not participate in.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Not meeting commission goals
Relaxing environment, good people to work with
I enjoyed working for this company. I was a seasonal employee so I believe it was the busiest time for retail and I thoroughly enjoyed selling the products.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Short shifts
Terrible for seasonal
Seasonal workers are thrown into the fire without proper training. Management expects you to know everything when all the bases have not yet been covered. Management gets angry when you make mistakes but you're only trained for about 3 hours. The most ridiculous and busy place.

I thought I was the only one who felt lost until I overheard veteran workers talking about how they don't even know what position they're at for the day or what their duties are.

Don't get me started on the customers. Most get mad about the most trivial, white collar things. Super nit picky.

If you ever consider working here, don't.
Pros
Punctual for breaks, 40% off discount at sister companies as well
Cons
Management, customers, lack of training
product knowledge is very important, and you must be good at multi-tasking
The atmosphere is very happy in here, but it's organized chaos at Christmas so you must be mentally prepared. I learned how to put through shipment orders, I had to use a walkie talkie to communicate with other staff members and managers on different floor levels and cash through and assist customers as well. Overall a good learning experience, but a little stressful.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
the same music plays on a loop
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.?
Good workplace
I worked at William Sonoma for a day during their inventory check and the staff was kind and welcoming. There is a strong sense of community amongst the workers, regardless of whether you are new or not.
Lovable place to work with good co-workers
Employee discount at 40%
Fun place to work

Learned alot here

Recommended for anyone who looking to work seasonal.

People treat you nicely

Customers are professional too since you're dealing with mostly rich people
Fun environment
The most enjoyable part is you can have updated kitchen cookware information.

Leaning how to use all the small appliances and if you love cooking that is best place to work.
Pros
Free samples food every day
Great people, horrible
Never received sufficient hours for the entire store to operate properly. Notorious with use of on-calls and shift cancellations just to make payroll hours. A veteran associate would be schedule 3 hours per week for many weeks and then all of a sudden be asked to work 30 hours in one week, because of preparations for a corporate visit and all were to pretend everything was just superb. This happened in all locations and at least once every quarter.
Great training and standards
Williams Sonoma is a great place to work, as they have very good training programs and you learn some great skills as they focus on product knowledge and customer service. There are not really advancement opportunities in Canada as the company is US based. The discounts are very generous, even if you are temp. seasonal help.
Pros
product discounts
environnement de vente au détail avec compétition
Bien connaître les produits, faire goûter à la clientèle, assister les chefs lors des cours et atteindre les chiffres de vente.
Pros
bel environnement
Cons
couper les heures de travail quand moins d'achalandage.
Wages are good.
Wages are good.
Team was great.

Company culture wasn't very inspiring.

Learned a lot of practical skills in people management.

Made friends for life.
Don't work here is you live in Canada
Overall, this was the worst work experience of my life. This is an environment that will suck your soul out. It starts off with training. You will never recieve any proper full training; I was given several reasons for this. It's either not in the budget to send trainers or proper support. Or, the 3 hours (total) of product knowledge training, till training and operations training will suffice you to run a store. Upper management is a whole seperate issue; expect to be treated with a complete lack of respect and have them constantly belittle you.

This is a company that offers a lot of promises, but does not deliver. Avoid working for them. You will regret it
Pros
A good salary (only if you are management)
Cons
Terrible support, zero training, terrible management. Expect to be a slave to your job and recieve nothing back.
the most enjoyable part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job is you can meet different people from multi-background in a single day. I am a person who like to coordinate with a diverse population. As a cashier, I meet every buyer during my shifts which provides me the opportunity to talk to them. The working environment is great and co-workers are nice.
Productive workplace with opportunity to advance
Work with a great team and worked with product I loved and believed in
Pros
great discount as full time employee. Many opportunities to advance
Toy store for culinary enthusiasts
Fast paced environment with emphasis on engaging with the customer at many sensory levels. Steep learning curve to become familiar with the myriad of product but a strong focus on associate development. Good work ethic and enthusiasm is recognized and rewarded. Cooking or foodie background is a huge asset and makes customer interaction much more fun - selling a great product AND helping to make someone a great cook...or at least spark a new passion.
Pros
Develop cooking skills and share your own
Cons
Gaining weight
Welcoming workplace with polite employees
The other employees greeted me with a smile and were very polite, welcoming me into their work family the first day I started.
The management was efficient and did very well at their job.

My co-workers were very professional and had warm personalities towards everyone.

The hardest part was standing for long periods but after awhile you do not notice it. Certain items proved difficult to wrap but fellow co-workers were there with a helping hand.

The atmosphere of the workplace was the most enjoyable part. Also when the customers would get their wrapped gifts with smiles on their faces, commenting on the nice work.
Pros
Friendly workplace, small store
Cons
Certain item shapes were difficult to wrap
Good company
Great company, great products. Corporate culture is good. will take some time to get promoted.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.