William Osler Health Centre Employee Reviews

No worklife balance
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 October 2018
No worklife balance. Management waiting to fire someone. No accommodations are done if you are sick or on modified duty. Employees are discriminated according to their age race and background.
Management looks only at their numbers. Cooperate work ethics is the culture of the management.
Even as a patient you shouldnt go to this hospital.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance and job security
Great team, poor management of resources
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2019
often staying late to try to accomplish all requirements arising during the day.
lack of staffing, multiple staff off sick with no coverage or assistance to meet the needs of the department while staff off.
great team to work with within the department, however manager position was left unfilled for more than a year with poor coverage in department where management support was required for both day to day and regular management needs
Pros
many challenges to increase skills
Cons
not enough staffing, or support to complete required work consistantly
Volunteer
Volunteer at Centre for Complex Diabetes Clinic (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 September 2018
As a volunteer at Brampton Civic Hospital, I committed to come in once every week for a few hours. My schedule was very adjustable and I was able to come in when I could. At the Diabetes clinic, I gained experience in health administration and was assigned various office duties. The assigned duties were pretty easy however they were strenuous as there were a lot of files to go through and a lot of inventory that constantly needed to be organized and updated.
Bad organization,discrimination with work assignments,unfair
Registered Nurse, Birthing suite (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
12 hours working non stop, workplace culture unfair, management don not care, doctors do not respect nurses, bad assignments, exist a sisterhood, people coming from same country,care just about them, they have strong group, nobody can change it, even manager know. Within one year we had 4 managers. Truing to change workload, nothing change, every year at least 4 RNs leave the Unit
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Voluntary work
Volunteer Hospital Patient Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 October 2018
It was an environment in which there was direct customer patient interaction.
-provided water, reading material, activities to patients
-Interaction with patients ranging separate floors and care levels
-greatly improved customer service abilities
Great Working Here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2017
Working at WOHS had been the best place to gain all the experince I have as an RN. Always an opportunity to advance your career. Excellent benefits and support for furthering your education.
Healthcare environment learning about health care careers at hospital.
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Bovaird22 January 2014
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning, helping people in/out wheelchairs, walking with patients, talking to patients, and helping co workers with any given task.I learned a lot about oncology (cancer), rehab such as physiotherapist, and nurses. The supervisors on the unit are usually nurses or occupational therapists. I enjoyed working with the nurses the most because I love talking to and talking care of patients, including with elderly patients who need assistance with breakfast or lunch. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the patients and watching them get sicker and pass away. You need to be emotionally strong to be a nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients leave and go home being more healthier than before they came. Nursing is a career I'd love to pursue, it's a very rewarding job.
Pros
Helping people get better, taking care of people, work benefits
Cons
Long hours, full time, being there when people pass away, not being able to always help
Inclusive workplace with positive work environment
Patient Experience Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON and Etobicoke, ON29 May 2018
William Osler is a great place to work. Though the teams and management are often shifting or changing, you meet and work with many great people, and also have the opportunity to help the community as well.
registered nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2018
day begins with taking report from the previous nurse. day shifts and night shifts differ based on what needs to be done.
* Demonstrated a strong clinical performance by refining and acquiring skills in IV maintenance, blood glucose, oxygen therapy, nasogastric tube maintenance, enteral feeds, wound care, routine infection control practices, identifying fluid & electrolyte value, discharge teaching and strong demonstration of routine patient assessment skills
*Have developed an excellent understanding of diseases processes that are predominant in adult population and the various complications that arise in acute care. The ability to respond in an emergency situation in case of change in patient status and act appropriately when necessary
*Learnt to practice safe nursing practice in all aspects of care while providing compliance with policies, procedures and infection control
*Have the ability to provide client-centred care and health teaching to patient and families including but not limited to health education, discharge teaching and continuity of care in community
Productive work place with good people.
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Peel Memorial centre3 May 2018
The workplace encourages grouping functions together so people are working with their peers.

They try to encourage a work-life balance.

People seem happy to be working for William Osler.
Fun place to work in depending on group
SHORT DESK SCHEDULER - TEAM LEAD AND TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2018
The job is stressful, but if you have a fun group to work with it helps minimize the stress levels.Generally the nurses and staff we call to work are great to work with.
Productive Environment
Orderly- Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Brampton15 July 2018
Meet patients from different walks of life, it helps you to stay humble and take pride in helping others. Very good environment to work, very team oriented
great, multicultural environment.
Registered Practical Nurse - Neurology/Medicine (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 September 2013
I was able to obtain experience as an RPN on a dynamic team of individuals who strived to provide the community with kind and compassionate care. Hardest part of the job was definitely developing relationships with patients and having to say goodbye in the end, but at the same time it was very rewarding to watch the progress of the patients and building trusting relationships with them and their families.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
An adequete hospital to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 May 2017
I have stayed at WOHS mainly because of my seniority and benefits. I find they tend to band aid solution problems, and they do not value nurses as valued members of their organization.
Pros
Lots of updates and new buildings
Cons
shift work, sick time management programs, poor incentives or rewards
Interesting place to work at
SUPERVISOR NUMBER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 June 2018
I enjoyed working here because I learned so much such as how certain patients go through somethings and many more. This volunteering experience has definitely changed my life.
Great company
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2017
Great company with good benefits. Very accommodating and great working conditions. Very fast paced at times. Strongly committed to customer satisfaction.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Always short staffed
Friendly staff makes the day go by smoothly while allowing you to focus on patient care
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2018
Filling and checking prescriptions
I learned a lot about subjects related to oncology
No comment on management
Friendly and light-hearted environment
Managing acutely ill patients
Going home...
Coop Student
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2018
It was a very good enviorment that I did my placement for school. I really enjoyed be there. The staff is amazing. It is a company that I would work for.
productive working environment
Service Excellence Call Centre Agent (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2018
communicating with patients about their personal experiences within the hospital. problem solving any issues that arise during the conversation and providing any possible solutions.
Productive and Safe workplace
Student RPN (Former Employee) –  Brampton30 September 2013
Brampton Civic is a great place to work. Lots of benefits and a safe workplace.
Pros
Lots of Training