William Osler Health Centre Employee Reviews

Good for experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2019
After graduation, I needed experience in a Hospital Setting and William Osler's gave me the opportunity to get a good feel of how things worked in a hospital. I got a lot of one on one patient interaction which encouraged me.
good working environment
Volunteer PRN (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2019
prefer day shift ,cooperative work environment,good salary package,continue education program,full time position,healthy work environment,safety and security
multicultural
Casual Staff Nurse on Labour and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2019
good work place as the people are helpful and friendly. multicultural and fun people. I like the cafeteria and happy that there is a tim hortons open 24/7
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy hospital
Pay on time but horrible culture
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2019
Worked with this organization for 7 years in several departments. They pay on time but the culture is toxic and management implements policies that make do sense. Depending on the unit you work on it is EXTREMELY stressful.
Pros
pay on time
Cons
A very stressful and unpleasant work environment
CRISIS INTERVENTION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 February 2019
Work environment was disorganized and staff were not appreciated. Management for the most part were ineffective. It was a very negative workplace culture. Trust among colleagues was non-existent.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
Colleague support lacking
Former Medical Technologist, Brampton
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2019
Overall, the hospital is great, pay and benefits are awesome. The only thing is the Laboratory Manager in my area sucks, discriminatory, bully, inconsiderate and no compassion. Work life balance for the employees is not in her vocabulary.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Tolerates bullying
I became confident in attending to Patients.
Resident Chaplain/Full Employment (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2019
I came into William Osler to work as Spiritual Therapist Chaplain. It was an interesting place to work. We were Seven in our Department, and always ready to cooperate with each other to offer our services and cover our unit. The work environment was enabling, which made it possible for us to cope with the number of Patients we were expected to visit daily.
The Hospital was built about Eleven to Twelve years ago, and facilities to my own understanding is properly maintained, so using elevators and other facilities keep your day devoid of stress.
Payments were done every two weeks, and it was always regular. Another plus worthy of noting is that employees birthdays are marked by my Department, which means a good incentive to keep working with interest.
I finished working because I had to move on, but I will recommend William Osler Health System to anyone, who has got the opportunity to render services in this great hospital and institution.
Great team, poor management of resources
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2019
often staying late to try to accomplish all requirements arising during the day.
lack of staffing, multiple staff off sick with no coverage or assistance to meet the needs of the department while staff off.
great team to work with within the department, however manager position was left unfilled for more than a year with poor coverage in department where management support was required for both day to day and regular management needs
Pros
many challenges to increase skills
Cons
not enough staffing, or support to complete required work consistantly
great experience
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 December 2018
I love to work for William osler health system . I am still working as a porter at William osler health system I wud like to gain more experience at different hospitals
No worklife balance
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 October 2018
No worklife balance. Management waiting to fire someone. No accommodations are done if you are sick or on modified duty. Employees are discriminated according to their age race and background.
Management looks only at their numbers. Cooperate work ethics is the culture of the management.
Even as a patient you shouldnt go to this hospital.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work life balance and job security
Voluntary work
Volunteer Hospital Patient Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 October 2018
It was an environment in which there was direct customer patient interaction.
-provided water, reading material, activities to patients
-Interaction with patients ranging separate floors and care levels
-greatly improved customer service abilities
Volunteer
Volunteer at Centre for Complex Diabetes Clinic (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 September 2018
As a volunteer at Brampton Civic Hospital, I committed to come in once every week for a few hours. My schedule was very adjustable and I was able to come in when I could. At the Diabetes clinic, I gained experience in health administration and was assigned various office duties. The assigned duties were pretty easy however they were strenuous as there were a lot of files to go through and a lot of inventory that constantly needed to be organized and updated.
Fun place to work in depending on group
SHORT DESK SCHEDULER - TEAM LEAD AND TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2018
The job is stressful, but if you have a fun group to work with it helps minimize the stress levels.Generally the nurses and staff we call to work are great to work with.
Productive Environment
Orderly- Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Brampton15 July 2018
Meet patients from different walks of life, it helps you to stay humble and take pride in helping others. Very good environment to work, very team oriented
Interesting place to work at
SUPERVISOR NUMBER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 June 2018
I enjoyed working here because I learned so much such as how certain patients go through somethings and many more. This volunteering experience has definitely changed my life.
Inclusive workplace with positive work environment
Patient Experience Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON and Etobicoke, ON29 May 2018
William Osler is a great place to work. Though the teams and management are often shifting or changing, you meet and work with many great people, and also have the opportunity to help the community as well.
Productive work place with good people.
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Peel Memorial centre3 May 2018
The workplace encourages grouping functions together so people are working with their peers.

They try to encourage a work-life balance.

People seem happy to be working for William Osler.
registered nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2018
day begins with taking report from the previous nurse. day shifts and night shifts differ based on what needs to be done.
* Demonstrated a strong clinical performance by refining and acquiring skills in IV maintenance, blood glucose, oxygen therapy, nasogastric tube maintenance, enteral feeds, wound care, routine infection control practices, identifying fluid & electrolyte value, discharge teaching and strong demonstration of routine patient assessment skills
*Have developed an excellent understanding of diseases processes that are predominant in adult population and the various complications that arise in acute care. The ability to respond in an emergency situation in case of change in patient status and act appropriately when necessary
*Learnt to practice safe nursing practice in all aspects of care while providing compliance with policies, procedures and infection control
*Have the ability to provide client-centred care and health teaching to patient and families including but not limited to health education, discharge teaching and continuity of care in community
Bad organization,discrimination with work assignments,unfair
Registered Nurse, Birthing suite (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
12 hours working non stop, workplace culture unfair, management don not care, doctors do not respect nurses, bad assignments, exist a sisterhood, people coming from same country,care just about them, they have strong group, nobody can change it, even manager know. Within one year we had 4 managers. Truing to change workload, nothing change, every year at least 4 RNs leave the Unit
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Coop Student
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2018
It was a very good enviorment that I did my placement for school. I really enjoyed be there. The staff is amazing. It is a company that I would work for.