William Osler Health Centre Employee Reviews

Fun place to work in depending on group
SHORT DESK SCHEDULER - TEAM LEAD AND TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2018
The job is stressful, but if you have a fun group to work with it helps minimize the stress levels.Generally the nurses and staff we call to work are great to work with.
Interesting place to work at
SUPERVISOR NUMBER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 June 2018
I enjoyed working here because I learned so much such as how certain patients go through somethings and many more. This volunteering experience has definitely changed my life.
Inclusive workplace with positive work environment
Patient Experience Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON and Etobicoke, ON29 May 2018
William Osler is a great place to work. Though the teams and management are often shifting or changing, you meet and work with many great people, and also have the opportunity to help the community as well.
Productive work place with good people.
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Peel Memorial centre3 May 2018
The workplace encourages grouping functions together so people are working with their peers.

They try to encourage a work-life balance.

People seem happy to be working for William Osler.
registered nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2018
day begins with taking report from the previous nurse. day shifts and night shifts differ based on what needs to be done.
* Demonstrated a strong clinical performance by refining and acquiring skills in IV maintenance, blood glucose, oxygen therapy, nasogastric tube maintenance, enteral feeds, wound care, routine infection control practices, identifying fluid & electrolyte value, discharge teaching and strong demonstration of routine patient assessment skills
*Have developed an excellent understanding of diseases processes that are predominant in adult population and the various complications that arise in acute care. The ability to respond in an emergency situation in case of change in patient status and act appropriately when necessary
*Learnt to practice safe nursing practice in all aspects of care while providing compliance with policies, procedures and infection control
*Have the ability to provide client-centred care and health teaching to patient and families including but not limited to health education, discharge teaching and continuity of care in community
Bad organization,discrimination with work assignments,unfair
Registered Nurse, Birthing suite (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
12 hours working non stop, workplace culture unfair, management don not care, doctors do not respect nurses, bad assignments, exist a sisterhood, people coming from same country,care just about them, they have strong group, nobody can change it, even manager know. Within one year we had 4 managers. Truing to change workload, nothing change, every year at least 4 RNs leave the Unit
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Coop Student
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2018
It was a very good enviorment that I did my placement for school. I really enjoyed be there. The staff is amazing. It is a company that I would work for.
productive working environment
Service Excellence Call Centre Agent (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2018
communicating with patients about their personal experiences within the hospital. problem solving any issues that arise during the conversation and providing any possible solutions.
Nice work environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 January 2018
People with whom i worked are dedicated and are trying hard to improving patient's care quality standards. They even care about the employees growth and professional development.
I enjoyed working here and would like to continue working in future.
Can be tough at times
Staff RN - Oncology Clinic (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2018
Most doctors/nurses are easy going and approachable; work assignments can be very difficult at times (unable to even go to the washroom); great place to learn the tricks of the trade.
Friendly staff makes the day go by smoothly while allowing you to focus on patient care
Pharmacy Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2018
Filling and checking prescriptions
I learned a lot about subjects related to oncology
No comment on management
Friendly and light-hearted environment
Managing acutely ill patients
Going home...
productive
A/P Clerk & Admin Assistant (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2017
William osler health centre had a very clean and organized work environment. The staff was friendly and helpful. The training process was very detailed which was helpful to me.
Great Staff
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 December 2017
Great Team players.
Only Part time available.
Great to students and new learners.
Highly based on seniority.
Shift work ranging from mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnights.
workflow is increasing.
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 November 2017
There are times when more cases are picked in a day and the amount of instruments that come down (needing reprocessing) can back up. It becomes important for out team to work together in ensuring a good flow is kept. The instruments are checked thuroughly before being packed then sterilized, in order to ensure patient safety. Without everyone working as a team the workload can be overwhelming.
Productive place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2017
I have been employed at WOHS x 9 years and all nine years has been a positive experience for me. It's close to home and I enjoy working here. There is a lot of opportunity for growth.
Fun and educational
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2017
I really enjoyed being part of the team at William Osler. Everyone was welcoming, and knowledgeable. I went from specimen procurement in emerg to cytology in the lab, and learned so much.
Great Working Here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2017
Working at WOHS had been the best place to gain all the experince I have as an RN. Always an opportunity to advance your career. Excellent benefits and support for furthering your education.
An opportunity to advance from clinical leadership to project management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 October 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for William Osler Health System for over 20 years and have held numerous positions that allowed me to grow and learn.
Pros
Close to home
Typical Day
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
Constantly busy
Wonderful patient interaction
Helping patients
Great co-workers
Constantly evolving with the work environment
Supportive managers
Using my Microsoft office skills
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Lots of work
good place to work at
Environmental Services Supervisor / Full Time (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 August 2017
In the hospital world there is always a new adventure always different tasks to attend I was dealing with all workers, visitors patients on a daily basis
Pros
happy place to work for and the people are great
Cons
lost this job to cut backs