William F. White International Inc

William F. White International Inc Employee Reviews

I completed my CPA work requirements with this company. I gained lot of financial reporting, budgeting and corporate accounting experience. The leadership was very helpful in guiding me towards gaining my experience with, as well as financially supporting me through my studies.
Great working environment overall. You would come in, day in day out assuring that the products used for every film set is secure and where it needs to be.
worked there for 2yrs and had no problems, but to say its a awesome place to work if you enjoy working in the film industry. i gave them a 5 star. thanks!
Another company that just treats you like a number to be shown the door if you cause even the slightest ripple in their perfect perception of the company. Raises are all hard and long fought for little increases, they justify with a end year bonus that doesn't amount to much. Work is overly hard, if you hurt yourself in work they will lay-off before you can claim anything if able. Was great while i was liked as an employee, became a nightmare then out the blue i get handed my walking papers.
Pros
It all begins good
Cons
The good doesn't last, its gets worse
If ever there was a company that could use union representation for its workers, it's Whites LES. Very questionable support from management and human resources. Grueling workload. Kind of a petty office culture that seems to trickle down from mgmt. Warehouse team is great.
Pros
Centrally located
Cons
Long hours, little support, less acknowledgement
This was the best workplace I've ever been in. The Dartmouth location has some of the best people I've ever met and I miss working with them dearly. (Mine was a temporary work placement.)
Pros
Healthy environment
Office and warehouse must remain split for them to be able to work warehouse to the bone to afford to operate at a loss in an attempt to put competition out of business. The warehouse is heavily surveilled. Management will say whatever they have to to string you along because they operate on a revolving door basis and once employees see what's going they obviously would not want to stick around. Management are useful idiots with questionable integrity, so the company has no desire to let go of them. Expect to be looked down upon if you're in the warehouse, as well as ridiculed and bullied while injured (like I was). I The place has potential, but not while the current management executes its business plan. The general manager's connections in the industry are valuable to the company and using such connections to denigrate former employees reputation is likely happening. I would suggest you not work there if you value integrity, honesty, and a company to support you.
This is a great pace to work if you come to work and want to work, but if you just want to come in, sit in front of your tool box, and do nothing unless you are directly asked to, then this place is probably not for you. You will be expected to do more with your day than just converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. Managers are not mechanics, but have probably forgotten more about trucks and generators then most techs will ever know.
Pros
Great people
A couple of guys are okay, the managers will get rid of you fast if you just cough. They are not mechanics and think they know more. The so called Forman is a jerk too. Don't waste your time here.
Pros
The get you fat with doughnuts
Cons
You have to put up with garbage
Back breaking work. Huge turn over of employees. Typical day is lifting and counting 60 to 100 pieces of movie equipment that weigh 90 pounds each. Many of the workers including myself, hurt our backs because management does not hire the correct people for the correct job, forcing those 'fortunate hard working' people to do all the work and inevitably becoming injured, some seriously. I am still having problems with my back over a year later. Another guy who also quit, is also having serious back problems, 6 months after resigning. Very poor decision makers here, poor standards of safety, poor ethics and a low wage. This company is not worth it if you like feeling healthy and valued.
Pros
Cons
Modern day slave labour
Hours are great Team work was incredible Management treated me well Great place to learn and hone your skills for set life the best part of the day was meeting all the people that entered for the first time - to see their faces was priceless.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I had a great time working with William f. Whites. The training I received was really helpful and it gave me an idea of what kind of work I would like to pursue in the future.
I learned all the electrical gears for the movie industry, from the smallest cable to the biggest light. I learned a lot about warehouse organization and improved a lot my work ethic. We had a lot of overtime and busy days which was for the best. The workers cohesion and communication was a very important thing to have. Learning a lot about electrical was the most enjoyable part.
It is in my opinion that WFW allows for a person to take initiative and grow in a direction that they want int the company. If you are able to take a step back from the regular work and look at what you are learning about the operation of the company it is easy to set a path for yourself. You do what you need to do and management keeps clear and lets you do your thing. A typical day for me would be checking my emails with various partners and attending to any parts orders that need to be done. Focus on repairing high end equipment first and ending the day by making the changes in inventory from the equipment that came in or went out. My position requires both time management and priorities skills as well as a knowledge and ability in electronics. I enjoy the various aspects to my job and continually learning as new technology appears on the markets.
Pros
Felxibility, Own time management
Cons
Longer than neccasary hours
This company is always looking to become better. Ideas are taken from the floor level to top management and treated the same.
A growing operation and good place to work. Caring and co-operative co-workers.
Pros
Monthly BBQ or lunch