William F. White International Inc Employee Reviews

Union.Union.Union.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 September 2019
If ever there was a company that could use union representation for its workers, it's Whites LES. Very questionable support from management and human resources. Grueling workload. Kind of a petty office culture that seems to trickle down from mgmt. Warehouse team is great.
Pros
Centrally located
Cons
Long hours, little support, less acknowledgement
Productive and fun environment.
Student, Lighting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 August 2019
This was the best workplace I've ever been in. The Dartmouth location has some of the best people I've ever met and I miss working with them dearly. (Mine was a temporary work placement.)
Pros
Healthy environment
A dysfunctional "Family"
warehouse (Former Employee) –  vancouver21 August 2019
Office and warehouse must remain split for them to be able to work warehouse to the bone to afford to operate at a loss in an attempt to put competition out of business. The warehouse is heavily surveilled. Management will say whatever they have to to string you along because they operate on a revolving door basis and once employees see what's going they obviously would not want to stick around. Management are useful idiots with questionable integrity, so the company has no desire to let go of them. Expect to be looked down upon if you're in the warehouse, as well as ridiculed and bullied while injured (like I was). I The place has potential, but not while the current management executes its business plan. The general manager's connections in the industry are valuable to the company and using such connections to denigrate former employees reputation is likely happening. I would suggest you not work there if you value integrity, honesty, and a company to support you.
Great place to be a mechanic, if you actually are a mechanic.
Shop Foreman. (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2019
This is a great pace to work if you come to work and want to work, but if you just want to come in, sit in front of your tool box, and do nothing unless you are directly asked to, then this place is probably not for you. You will be expected to do more with your day than just converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. Managers are not mechanics, but have probably forgotten more about trucks and generators then most techs will ever know.
Pros
Great people
Don't come here to be a mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2019
A couple of guys are okay, the managers will get rid of you fast if you just cough. They are not mechanics and think they know more. The so called Forman is a jerk too. Don't waste your time here.
Pros
The get you fat with doughnuts
Cons
You have to put up with garbage
Modern day slave labour
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2018
Back breaking work. Huge turn over of employees. Typical day is lifting and counting 60 to 100 pieces of movie equipment that weigh 90 pounds each. Many of the workers including myself, hurt our backs because management does not hire the correct people for the correct job, forcing those 'fortunate hard working' people to do all the work and inevitably becoming injured, some seriously. I am still having problems with my back over a year later. Another guy who also quit, is also having serious back problems, 6 months after resigning. Very poor decision makers here, poor standards of safety, poor ethics and a low wage. This company is not worth it if you like feeling healthy and valued.
Pros
Cons
Modern day slave labour
Great place to learn
Manager - Video Systems for both HD & SD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Hours are great
Team work was incredible
Management treated me well
Great place to learn and hone your skills for set life
the best part of the day was meeting all the people that entered for the first time - to see their faces was priceless.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Positive work environment with good lunch
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
I had a great time working with William f. Whites. The training I received was really helpful and it gave me an idea of what kind of work I would like to pursue in the future.
Productive, fun and flexible
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
It is in my opinion that WFW allows for a person to take initiative and grow in a direction that they want int the company. If you are able to take a step back from the regular work and look at what you are learning about the operation of the company it is easy to set a path for yourself. You do what you need to do and management keeps clear and lets you do your thing. A typical day for me would be checking my emails with various partners and attending to any parts orders that need to be done. Focus on repairing high end equipment first and ending the day by making the changes in inventory from the equipment that came in or went out. My position requires both time management and priorities skills as well as a knowledge and ability in electronics. I enjoy the various aspects to my job and continually learning as new technology appears on the markets.
Pros
Felxibility, Own time management
Cons
Longer than neccasary hours
At times the best place I've ever worked
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 August 2015
This company is always looking to become better. Ideas are taken from the floor level to top management and treated the same.
One of Canada's largest provider of Motion Picture equipment.
National Payroll/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2014
A growing operation and good place to work. Caring and co-operative co-workers.
Pros
Monthly BBQ or lunch