WillBros Group, Inc. Employee Reviews for Electrician

Very busy when work to be had. Poor management hiring decisions.
Electrican (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 December 2018
I had an awesome group to work with through the 2 years with this company. Unfortunately, some of the management that were hired to run jobs were utterly incompetent. I'm speculating, but that could have been a reason why the work dried up completely when the market crashed while some companies were still able to keep some guys busy.
Pros
Pay, available work hours
Cons
Upper level management
Good people for the most part no loyalty to workers scattered work
Apprenitce Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB Fort Mac, AB13 April 2015
The people that I worked with were good most of the time the management system was flawed with promote your buddy to foreman but when the work was solid it was a good place to work.
Not good place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 March 2015
they have big problem in management, organizing and communication with the workers.Each ppl they hired they told them the project just for 3 months then when we started working they said it will be last after month so they got laid off 40 ppl some of them they didnt complete 1 week.I didn't feel comfortable in morning meeting cuz the lunch trail is very small to fit almost 100 electricians. They pay good wage but still need more time to solve the mentioned problems and to develop themselves
horrible and toxic work environment
electrician (Former Employee) –  fort mac11 March 2015
The bad attitude starts at the very top with the electrical division of this gong show. First day there the project manager comes in yelling and cursing out the entire staff, this was a trend as his brother (a super) days later came in cursing and screaming about parts being left in trucks and this being the reason there are no materials to work with, nothing to do with the ineptitude of management naturally.

We were hired and told there would be 6-8 weeks work, got one turnaround and they laid off 54 people (including people who started a week after us who didn't even get a full turnaround). We were blatantly lied to about the length of time we were going to be there as it turned out they just needed to burn man hours. When lay off day came people were literally crossing their fingers to be on the list. General consensus was that the overwhelming majority would NEVER work for this company again.

Bottom line, no respect whatsoever for the employees and horrible management. If you get a call from this crowd for work do yourself a favour and don't pick up the phone.

On a side note the travel coordinator Cindy seems to be the only one who cares at all about the workers and works her butt off to manage more people than she should ever have to by herself.
Pros
getting laid off from willbros
Cons
you're working for Willbros