WillBros Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Poor management
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort macmurray18 May 2019
Worked for wilbros in the e and I department. Extremely poor management more concerned about getting their buddies promoted than doing the job correctly. I was a foreman and quit after watching the project manager promote his friends while the company lost millions. Worst company in the patch for electrical.
Pros
Cons
8 hour days poor management
productive
Site Administrator, Receiver, Subcontracts (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 March 2019
great place to work, hard industry given the current economy. I had worked with a great group of people while I was there, most of whom still work there.
really good job
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 March 2019
job was behind from the start. KBR and Flint had all ready been removed from the project. So we really had to execute it correctly. this project got Willbros a lot of extra work. it just happened to be when the industry crashed.
Pros
money
Cons
poor industry at the time
Incredible Safety culture and job training programs
AB Welding & Coating Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 August 2018
Great Company. They have treated me with care and diligence. I have never had to look for work. They have trained me for each task or job they have asked me to do.
Productive, quick days
Fuel truck driver (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB31 May 2018
Busy days. Shifts start with informational meetings and end with a debrief meeting.
Great people on crews, very helpful.
Camp food was good and chefs are top notch
Pros
Prime Rib night
Cons
Shared Washroom/showers
Be a team player
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2018
Great field personnel working hard to perform professionally. Mind on task, with no limit to effort provided. Difficult to receive support from corporate office. Bogged down by details, rather than the true objective, and customer service.
Pros
Great Field Staff Working as a Team
Cons
Lack of value from corporate office.
mediocor company
Welding Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 March 2018
keeps you working
transfers you to other sites after projects are complete
they don't follow the union rates that you are entitled to
very clicky
company going down the drain, just look at their stock
Good Culture of People
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2018
Most enjoyable part of coming to work and working on various sites was meeting lots of different people, so many nice and friendly people made it fun to come to work everyday.
Good company
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 February 2018
I personally have not had any problems regarding their pay rate, scheduling or scope of work . I would definitely go back if they needed me. I had a ton of fun!
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 January 2018
Worked up in Fort McMurray Alberta . Worked on civil but job came to a end . Was a two week in one week out schedule so it was an awesome schedule . Guy actually had a life .
Great place to work with great people
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 December 2017
I've worked for a few different companies and this one has been one of the best companies that I've worked for. They have great people and terrific management as well as a very good safety program.
Excellent Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 October 2017
Great work place, great people. A great place to learn and exceed higher than expectation. I loved going to work everyday. Management are very rewarding when you accomplish anything.
Big company
Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 July 2017
It's a big company. The company works all over North America
. The company constantly has work and has a lot of great Welders. The company you want to be with to start
Very Productive,safe, and effiecent
2nd Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 May 2017
I worked for Willbros down on Surmont 2 there was a project ongoing for a couple of months there. I was the very last electrician on site. we had a new contract that was supposed to be up on the brion site by suncor but our contract went south and I had to take a Layoff.
Pros
Excellent people to work for.
positive
Workface Planner / Cost Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2017
It was a positive work experience. I had worked there for years; in those years, i grew and learned new skills I was given opportunities to move up and took the challenges presented, and excelled
very productive workplace
Labourer- consists of general duties as a labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
a typical day consist of going to work with a job scope needing to get done with no hiccups and working with people who can help you get through various tasks with out any complications and the ability to fix any complications with minimum time delay
Pros
minimum supervision
Cons
communication
Good company to work for.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2017
Overall Willbros was a good company to work for, money was decent, people where good to work for management and employees. They were a company that was allays striving for improvement with the company it self and it's employee's.
I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Good benifets, money, people were repectful good work with
fun and productive
Sandblast operator, coating,Pipefitting (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 November 2016
working on various pipeline projects the work was professionally executed, good on managing different crews and sub contractors at different locations
Can't wait to work again with them!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 July 2016
Great company with extraordinary core values. Many divisions in the company to work with. Would love to make a career with the company.
Overall great place to work.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 February 2016
This was a great place to work and the management and staff were wonderful. Relocation was the reason for leaving. I was with them for 10 years and would still be there if not for the move.