WillBros Group, Inc.

WillBros Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada103 reviews
High pay but away from home a lot. Excellent job for young people who aren’t afraid to work hard, not married or have kids. Otherwise it can be hard on a marriage being away so much. Great benefits too.
The best company I have ever worked for. Safety and quality are outstanding! Been an amazing learning experience. All departments have great people who are always willing to help!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Job security
This company sucks, too many suck ups and inexperienced people. The pay sucks with no overtime and travel. The supervision is overpaid and only wants people that will do what their told.
Pros
no pros
Cons
not enough money, supervision only cares about themselves. Fake family environment
Excellent place to work. Upper management were real people. No egos. Would work for them again. The relaxed atmosphere encouraged productivity. Only draw back was work/life balance.
I worked with Willbros a few years back. Honestly, it was the best company I’ve ever worked for. There was one horrible employee to work with, but this person got let go, so now the work atmosphere is probably SO much better. I highly recommend this company.
The only thing that is close to a family oriented company is there is away to much family there and you can bet when you got all the hard work done there family will move to the top to accept the credit and you will be tossed to the curb unless they get stuck again
my experience working for wilbros was good first week but i didn't see no room to advance the manger had his favorite guy and thats it...if anyone decides to go and work there i recomend finding a another job that is more friendly and room to advance
My Review has no bearing on whether I'm looking for work, in the same manner companies will not issue private information about the individual. My opinion about said company good or bad will not be posted.
Pros
Blank
Cons
Blank
Worked for wilbros in the e and I department. Extremely poor management more concerned about getting their buddies promoted than doing the job correctly. I was a foreman and quit after watching the project manager promote his friends while the company lost millions. Worst company in the patch for electrical.
Pros
Cons
8 hour days poor management
This has been my summer job for the past three summers and I've always had a great time. I've been trained to use different tools and their safety culture.
Pros
Light job
Cons
Dirty
great place to work, hard industry given the current economy. I had worked with a great group of people while I was there, most of whom still work there.
job was behind from the start. KBR and Flint had all ready been removed from the project. So we really had to execute it correctly. this project got Willbros a lot of extra work. it just happened to be when the industry crashed.
Pros
money
Cons
poor industry at the time
One of the best company's i have worked for by far and would love the opportunity to work for them again. Most money i made with any company and best safety culture.
My time at Willbros was both a pleasure and a valuable learning experience. The people I worked with were team players that always cooperative and friendly. Willbros was very talented at creating a team spirit and mentoring there employees in a positive manner.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
subject to Oil and Gas fluctuation
Good pay, good company. Made lots of friends. Gained lots of experience in industrial. Lots of overtime and got a bonus at the end of the project. Recommended.
I had an awesome group to work with through the 2 years with this company. Unfortunately, some of the management that were hired to run jobs were utterly incompetent. I'm speculating, but that could have been a reason why the work dried up completely when the market crashed while some companies were still able to keep some guys busy.
Pros
Pay, available work hours
Cons
Upper level management
Great Company. They have treated me with care and diligence. I have never had to look for work. They have trained me for each task or job they have asked me to do.
Good Managment team, if we were short on supplies we never waited long for material. Good group of people, understanding and fair. Had a lot of fun working here.
Pros
Managment
Cons
They dont exist anymore
The supervisors, Formans, don't know how to handle people. They don't listen to some suggestions to lessen the works and make it easier and save money for the company. They don't put the right people in the job to minimize error and repetition of works. It's a waste of money when they cut short the cables.
Good pay shift work 7/7
good manaement

good benefits

had our own lockers for work stuff

travel pay

fly in/out

lots of overtime

safety first

all ppe provided

the list goes on
Pros
7/7 shift wotk lots of overtime great pay
Cons
Busy days. Shifts start with informational meetings and end with a debrief meeting.
Great people on crews, very helpful.

Camp food was good and chefs are top notch
Pros
Prime Rib night
Cons
Shared Washroom/showers