Willbros Canada Employee Reviews

Great People
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Worked with a great group, wish we could've won more bids to secure more work. Very unique approach to managing projects, I have never been more prepared for going to site after going through Willbros' Stage Gate 5 system.
great wages
2nd Year Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
great company to work with a premium for night shift . good leadership fair safety company. great other locations to work at . I Enjoyed mt time there
Good Culture of People
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2018
Most enjoyable part of coming to work and working on various sites was meeting lots of different people, so many nice and friendly people made it fun to come to work everyday.
Good company
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 February 2018
I personally have not had any problems regarding their pay rate, scheduling or scope of work . I would definitely go back if they needed me. I had a ton of fun!
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 January 2018
Worked up in Fort McMurray Alberta . Worked on civil but job came to a end . Was a two week in one week out schedule so it was an awesome schedule . Guy actually had a life .
Great place to work with great people
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 December 2017
I've worked for a few different companies and this one has been one of the best companies that I've worked for. They have great people and terrific management as well as a very good safety program.
Excellent Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 October 2017
Great work place, great people. A great place to learn and exceed higher than expectation. I loved going to work everyday. Management are very rewarding when you accomplish anything.
Great Company
Lead Hand / Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Western Canada11 August 2017
Great company to work for, would love the opportunity to work with them again on another shut down. The morel was great, hands on training and family orientated.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
work away from home
Shop vrs field
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
Shop was not a great place to work. I had personal information exposed by individuals who broke into my desk drawer. Management at the shop seemed to be out of touch with production activities and quality concerns.
Field team was much better to work for and with. Quality and safety were top notch.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
poor support at shop location
Big company
Welder Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 July 2017
It's a big company. The company works all over North America
. The company constantly has work and has a lot of great Welders. The company you want to be with to start
Productive and fun work place
Equipment Admin (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB12 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work and it felt like having a second family.
A typical day included data entry and problem solving
The hardest part of my job was trying to collect information from various job sites
Very Productive,safe, and effiecent
2nd Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 May 2017
I worked for Willbros down on Surmont 2 there was a project ongoing for a couple of months there. I was the very last electrician on site. we had a new contract that was supposed to be up on the brion site by suncor but our contract went south and I had to take a Layoff.
Pros
Excellent people to work for.
Great place to work - Friendly, productive
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2017
Willbro's was a great place to work throughout my apprenticeship. They were understanding and patient as ai grew as a worker and was able to develop many skills. I would defiantly work for this company again if the opportunity had rose.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
dirty shop
Productive and family orientated
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2017
Great place to work, very understanding to someone with a child. Office work is great, set hours with good pay and pretty steady work.
Site work is very long days at decent pay but a very different atmosphere then in the office (even if you're in the office on site)
very productive workplace
Labourer- consists of general duties as a labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
a typical day consist of going to work with a job scope needing to get done with no hiccups and working with people who can help you get through various tasks with out any complications and the ability to fix any complications with minimum time delay
Pros
minimum supervision
Cons
communication
Fun Learning Experience
Intermediate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2017
Willbros does good work and it was a pleasure to work with the team and build the portfolio of constructions projects.
I still have some friends that work there and seem to enjoy it. They've done good work for my current company and continue to have a good safety culture.
OK place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Willbros is an OK place to work.
Divisions are all cliques.
Management slow to react.
Spend more time firing and hiring than focusing on training.
Need to have a closer look at some of the individuals in management seats.
Good company to work for.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2017
Overall Willbros was a good company to work for, money was decent, people where good to work for management and employees. They were a company that was allays striving for improvement with the company it self and it's employee's.
I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Good benifets, money, people were repectful good work with
good place to work
Equipment Operator Crane/Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
enjoyed working with this company for 4 years would gladly go back lots of hours but a good place to work big company and room to grow
cuting and install strut,tray
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
my day start with toolbox meeting morning,gather tool and material for task,plan my route,read drawing print,like to work with my co-worker make the day go faster,after the day work i like to go home to my family in pace