Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

helps me get a lot information how to a career processing
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 February 2016
its a volunteer
learn how to collect data, analysis data
understand how career works
hardest part is different person have their own judgement and concern, hard to put different idea together
enjoyable part is get lot new friends, good communication
Supportive and equitable place to work
Coordinator (Administrative) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2016
I work in a flexible environment. I work independently throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with and for Indigenous people. Our program is a unique program that offers an Indigenous world view - it is the only program of its kind in Canada. I work with a great team that supports higher learning and cultural development
Pros
Cultural programming
Cons
Travel
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Hockey Intramural Head Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2016
-2 hours of office hours to do administration work (emails, schedules, payroll)
-I learned time management skills as well as communication skills
-Management was very supportive and enjoyable
-Co-workers were very friendly and supportive also
-Hardest part of the job Hiring/firing
-Most enjoyable part of the job was making a positive difference
Pros
Free gym class memberships, free gear
Cons
No Cons in my opinion
Enriching learning and working environment
History Department Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 December 2015
As my co-op placement through Wilfrid Laurier University, this opportunity gave me invaluable experience in a field relevant to my future career aspirations. From this experience I learned that I wanted to work with manuscripts, as I did in this position. A typical day consisted of analyzing the manuscript, transcribing the medieval Latin and researching if specific quotes were attributed correctly in the text. Subsequently, I would compile the information in a predetermined format to be put on the professor's website.
Pros
Freedom of choice, and independent work
Cons
Only available to current students
Great place to work, with amazing co workers
IT Analyst, Student Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2015
Amazing place work with great bosses and co workers. Able to get a lot of work done, with the ability to take on different projects and tasks throughout the week.
Great experiences at Laurier University
LIFA Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 October 2015
Wilfrid Laurier University has one of the best SBE (school of business and economic) school in Canada. It is really fun to study here.
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Human Geography Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 September 2015
Challenging work environment with supportive management. Provides you the opportunity to develop further skill sets and teaches you time management and critical analysis skills.
Pros
Flexible work hours
great place to work and learn
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 September 2015
really learned a lot about teaching through the teaching center, although career opportunities are minimal .people are generally nice except for the secretary, kind of mean.
Leadership role
Laurier International Foreign Exchange CHAIR (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 September 2015
It is a hard role requires the person has very strong multi-task and leadership. I did so well and I am so happy about it, It improved my leadership and communication skill to a next level.
Good Experience
Lab Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 June 2015
A good contract job in debugging and testing code that other students had wrote. Fellow Lab Instructor Assistants were always helpful.
It was an overall rewarding experience
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 June 2015
Great working environment. They are a hard working team. There is always a job meant to be done.They really appreciate their employees.
Great place
Call Campaign Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 May 2015
very small role in a feedback program ran by school for prospective students. was a great environment and right on campus so it works for students
Fast passed environment, in a customer service job
FSA (Food Service Associate) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 May 2015
Show up 20 minutes early, for parking and to get appropriate attire.
Find Your daily duties posted on scheduled wall.
While making sure that your duties get done, you may also have to assisting and supporting other coworkers. Managers/ Supervisors are not available during some work time, this allows for you to work independently and show responsibility.
Your task throughout the day change, which is apart of the job I enjoyed the most!
Theres work if you get lucky
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 May 2015
job could've been good if more students showed up. The amount of students you get is totally dependent on how many students are taking the course and if you have a high enough grade to tutor it.
Proctoring
Exam Proctor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo12 April 2015
the proctoring was a great injection of salary during exam time. some responsibly and required attention. Overall a great way to make some money being a student.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
unpaired meetings
WLU Cheer Team
Student Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo3 April 2015
Highly enjoyed working with such a diverse group of individuals. I worked as a Student Trainer, facilitating first aid to athletes when required. Working alongside one of the Head Athletic Therapists at Wilfrid Laurier was an extremely enriching experience. The work environment was stimulating as I had to deal with different situations each day. Overall, I had a great time working and being apart of such a wonderful organization as the Wilfrid Laurier Cheerleading Team.
University culture
Student Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 March 2015
Involved in system upgrade project to upgrade from Novell to Active Directory for on campus computers. This project spanned multiple months.
Helped customers fix Outlook archives, Login issue, and other special software problems such as banner and VMware
great place
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  toronto6 March 2015
created events and was a manager. Had fun and I would love to be an adviser soon. It was overall a great place. adsfasdfasjdfhlaskjdfhasjfdhkjla
Good experence
Teaching Assistant, Intermediate Econometrics (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 February 2015
• Management skills increased by assisting professor to provide academic guidance to numerous students
• Advanced communication and problem-solving skills developed by setting extra office hours
• Organizational skills applied to grade assignments and tests and to proctor the midterm and final exams
• Deadline-focused and detail-oriented evaluated by professor and students
Depends on the position
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 February 2015
Depends completely on the position. It's decent part-time work--the university understands the busy schedule of most students.