Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Productive Workplace, Committed to Excellence
Examination Proctor, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 September 2013
Being a teaching assistant (TA) and a examination proctor at WLU was a great experience for me. As a first-time TA, there were many resources available to help me better my teaching skills and further my knowledge. The support system in place for teachers was excellent, and I felt I was constantly becoming more comfortable (while still challenged) in this role because of these resources. I worked with other grad students, and some excellent faculty members. The hardest part of this job was the learning curve, as it was quite steep. I enjoyed working with students and seeing the progress they made, as well as seeing the progress for myself.

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, yet stressful environment at times
Residence Life Staff Member (Don) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 April 2018
Very valuable experience with my time here, and I continue to work for the university for the years to come. There are some stressful aspects to the position I worked, mainly revolving around mental-health of first year students.
I was a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 April 2018
I was a student here and worked in a number of labs as summer research assistant. Good way to get experience in academic labs. The pay is minimal but it is also a good way to get reference letters.