Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Inspiring
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 December 2014
Great work environment. As a Master's student and research assistant I was required to plan my own time effectively in order to complete tasks in a timely manner. I learned a lot about qualitative research and time management. The hardest part of the job was staying focused on the task at hand when new information or ideas came up. The most enjoyable part of the job was continuously learning more and more.

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

It was very fun working in the kitchen with other chiefs.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2019
It was very fun working in the kitchen with other chiefs. Teaching and and giving instructions for people of how to make some popular dishes in my country was the most fun part. There was a person who speaks arabic and I had to translate every single word to the other chiefs. It was very sad because I worked there for only on day.
Pros
The people who worked there were very nice and respectful.
Cons
the kitchen was very small. So it was hard to move and there were a lot of people in the kitchen.
Professional environment
Advancement Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 May 2019
Was able to work in a very professional and positive office environment, under a very friendly and cooperative supervisor. Work tasks tended to get confusing at times, however, as instructions were very vague and tricky.