Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Patience and attention to detail of job
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 August 2016
I was mainly responsible for assisting professors to supervise the students during the exams. It helps me to pay attention to detail where anything shouldn't be overlooked. The management is very efficient since it is on call, we will know any shifts available in advance. The co-workers are all students, so it is less competitive. The hardest part of the job is to pay attention to check students closely and keep patient during the exam. The most enjoyable part of the job is to find out the suspicious behaviors.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I expect it can increase workload

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Professional environment
Advancement Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 May 2019
Was able to work in a very professional and positive office environment, under a very friendly and cooperative supervisor. Work tasks tended to get confusing at times, however, as instructions were very vague and tricky.
Academic work environments require dedication and focus
Plant Systematics Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2019
Working hours were well established and requests for hour alterations due to personal reasons were always granted.

Academic work varies widely between departments however my personal experience was very enriching.

You must maintain focus throughout your contract, it is crucial that your research is done correctly as future research is highly dependent on honest results
Pros
Open work environment with great staff and management
Cons
It can be difficult to remain focused for extended periods