Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Excellent environment and learned a lot from this experience.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2014
At this job, I walk around the classroom to make sure everyone has the required pages up on their computer screens following along with the lab instructor. After the lab instructor completes his talk, the students would begin a quiz and task where I would keep a close eye on students to make sure no one cheats. I would also assist students as needed if they have any questions. Since I was an instructional assistant for a computer science course, I have learned in depth what Microsoft Office has to offer to everyone. Everyone that I have worked with within the 1.5 years have been friendly and very easy to get along with. Even the lab instructor was easy to get in contact with if I had any questions and was always very approachable in the classroom for the students as well as the instructional assistants. I definitely really enjoyed this job and would do it again if an opportunity came along.

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 May 2018
Typical day including attending classes, working with students, answering emails from students and working alongside the course professor. I found the workload was reasonable but it can be difficult when extensive marking must be done.
Productive workplace
Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 April 2018
Wilfird Laurier University is an affable working environment and high-quality training. The community and public affair department creates lots of great content to attract new students and improve recruiting.