Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Enhance confidence and preciseness
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2016
I have proctored over 30 exams during the fall and winter term. I need to explain the exam rules to all students, and created a professional and pleasant environment for optimal test performance for all examinees. I need to finish the signing sheet for the first half hour, also answer questions from students. Sometimes, I need to accompany students to washroom. It improves my multitasking skill. Meanwhile, it enhancing my public speaking skill. I become more confident and preciseness through this position

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Region, ON23 May 2019
I enjoyed working here, all the people I have met are approachable. Nice working environment never had any problems talking to lab techs or the coordinators.
It was very fun working in the kitchen with other chiefs.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2019
It was very fun working in the kitchen with other chiefs. Teaching and and giving instructions for people of how to make some popular dishes in my country was the most fun part. There was a person who speaks arabic and I had to translate every single word to the other chiefs. It was very sad because I worked there for only on day.
Pros
The people who worked there were very nice and respectful.
Cons
the kitchen was very small. So it was hard to move and there were a lot of people in the kitchen.