Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Teaching
Research Assistant, Brock University (Former Employee) –  75 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3C54 September 2013
spending a day with new chemistry students is so exciting they are doing 12 experiments during the whole semester which develope their skills in chemistry. usually we are 2 lab demonestrator that at first showing them how to do the experiments and we would be there with them and checking them how they ar doing it and trying to tell them their mistakes. the hardest part of this job is marking for sure and the most enjoyable part is teaching the things which they don't know and seeing them how they are learning and improving after a whole semester....

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

rewarding job with opportunity to give back
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2018
In this job, I was able to give back to students in the same position that I had once been in. I taught lessons to the students and then helped them with assignments for the lab section or reviewed course material with them.
Pros
Bonus pay for marking hours
Cons
repetitive
Great management, slow pace
Wilfrid Laurier Residence Life Don (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2018
Working for GAP was a lot of fun, and the management was great, however the work environment was often slow paced, with the occasional busy holiday rush. Made for the shifts to go by slowly and the enjoyment of going to work to fade.