Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

3.7Pay & Benefits
Great deal of experience with debugging
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2018
It is great working with students, you learn a lot by fixing other people's mistakes and it generally reinforces your understanding of the subject. I would recommend working as a TA at this university.
Great roll to be self reliant
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 March 2018
Duty rolls include marking, data entry, assisting in student learning, lab prep and take down. A lot of the work done is by yourself, but the lab coordinator is always there to help if you ever need it.
Enjoyable workplace for students
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 February 2018
The paid work experience through WLU is accommodating for graduate students. The atmosphere is not stressful are there are a plethora of outlets where you can receive additional help if needed.
Productive and relaxed work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2017
A typical day at work was spent teaching people from a preset lesson plan from my supervisor. I learned how to properly communicate and inspire people for the sake of educating them. I had many helpful fellow teachers in the courses I assisted and it was overall a relaxed and yet productive work environment.
Great place to work!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time working here. I worked with many students and lead/facilitated numerous courses and areas of mathematics including Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Statistics.
Wlu
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 May 2017
great place to work, really professional and great hours. marked students papers, held offices hours. Read the material for the classes that i was a teaching assistant for.
Pros
proper pay
Cons
Good experence
Teaching Assistant, Intermediate Econometrics (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 February 2015
• Management skills increased by assisting professor to provide academic guidance to numerous students
• Advanced communication and problem-solving skills developed by setting extra office hours
• Organizational skills applied to grade assignments and tests and to proctor the midterm and final exams
• Deadline-focused and detail-oriented evaluated by professor and students
Always great to work at an academic institution
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2014
Not great with the paperwork, and term contracts get annoying, but otherwise excellent place to work.
Productive Workplace, Committed to Excellence
Examination Proctor, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 September 2013
Being a teaching assistant (TA) and a examination proctor at WLU was a great experience for me. As a first-time TA, there were many resources available to help me better my teaching skills and further my knowledge. The support system in place for teachers was excellent, and I felt I was constantly becoming more comfortable (while still challenged) in this role because of these resources. I worked with other grad students, and some excellent faculty members. The hardest part of this job was the learning curve, as it was quite steep. I enjoyed working with students and seeing the progress they made, as well as seeing the progress for myself.