Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews for Proctor

Enhance confidence and preciseness
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2016
I have proctored over 30 exams during the fall and winter term. I need to explain the exam rules to all students, and created a professional and pleasant environment for optimal test performance for all examinees. I need to finish the signing sheet for the first half hour, also answer questions from students. Sometimes, I need to accompany students to washroom. It improves my multitasking skill. Meanwhile, it enhancing my public speaking skill. I become more confident and preciseness through this position
Patience and attention to detail of job
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 August 2016
I was mainly responsible for assisting professors to supervise the students during the exams. It helps me to pay attention to detail where anything shouldn't be overlooked. The management is very efficient since it is on call, we will know any shifts available in advance. The co-workers are all students, so it is less competitive. The hardest part of the job is to pay attention to check students closely and keep patient during the exam. The most enjoyable part of the job is to find out the suspicious behaviors.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I expect it can increase workload
Proctoring
Exam Proctor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo12 April 2015
the proctoring was a great injection of salary during exam time. some responsibly and required attention. Overall a great way to make some money being a student.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
unpaired meetings
Significant job supervising exams
Exam Proctor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2014
Essentially a simple job to ensure midterms run smoothly. You sign up for your own hours so it is flexible and it is first come first served. You must check your emails regularly to make sure you see the hour postings that you can sign up for. It is important that you remain professional because it may become easy to fall short and let loose in regards to tasks that must be performed.
Pros
Relatively simple