Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews for Instructional Assistant

rewarding job with opportunity to give back
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2018
In this job, I was able to give back to students in the same position that I had once been in. I taught lessons to the students and then helped them with assignments for the lab section or reviewed course material with them.
Pros
Bonus pay for marking hours
Cons
repetitive
Great school
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 November 2017
I completed my undergraduate here and it was a great place to work and apply my knowledge. Professors were really knowledgeable and helpful in career planning.
Great place to work.
Instructional Assistant (Physics) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2016
Great place to work. Picked up a lot of experience that will be applicable in other jobs as well. Definitely recommend. The people are agreeable. Best part of the job were the flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Human Geography Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 September 2015
Challenging work environment with supportive management. Provides you the opportunity to develop further skill sets and teaches you time management and critical analysis skills.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Excellent environment and learned a lot from this experience.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2014
At this job, I walk around the classroom to make sure everyone has the required pages up on their computer screens following along with the lab instructor. After the lab instructor completes his talk, the students would begin a quiz and task where I would keep a close eye on students to make sure no one cheats. I would also assist students as needed if they have any questions. Since I was an instructional assistant for a computer science course, I have learned in depth what Microsoft Office has to offer to everyone. Everyone that I have worked with within the 1.5 years have been friendly and very easy to get along with. Even the lab instructor was easy to get in contact with if I had any questions and was always very approachable in the classroom for the students as well as the instructional assistants. I definitely really enjoyed this job and would do it again if an opportunity came along.
great University to work for
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 September 2013
A great place to work for and awesome experience .
great co-workers and professors .
would recommend it to anyone.