Wilfrid Laurier University
Happiness score is 75 out of 100

Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Canada165 reviews

Productive place with good infrastructure.

I worked there as a for a small period. The workplace was very friendly but I could feel the contractual nature of the job. It felt like I was expected to leave after my contract was done.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

not enough opportunity for advancement

Very stressful work please

I don't recommend anyone to work here. The manager doesn't know what's going on in the kitchen at all, he only listens to the denunciations of employees.Don’t spend your time!!!

Insights into Wilfrid Laurier University

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction

bad

less than enjoyable experienceadmin doesnt care about youhandled the pandemic just about as poorly as any university possibly couldfell from #1 in student satisfaction to #11 within just a couple years, and it's clear why

it was okay

It was an okay place to work, contract by contract basis. work wasn't that hard some time there was rushes and alot of hours needed to be done. overall a good experience.

Non productive work place.

Not productive in terms of workforce. Upper management not clear and unorganized. Not accountable for their own actions/direction - takes out rage and mistakes on staff

Barista - food services

I worked in food services at the Starbucks for 2 years and really enjoyed it. The job was fast-paced and fostered a friendly work environment. I also picked up catering shifts with food services at the university for extra cash and it was always a great time.

Pros

discounted food

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Team oriented environment. Supportive senior leadership. Is difficult to advance as an administrator due to structure of administrative support staff pay bands.

Pros

Wonderful staff, faculty and students. Great work environment.

Cons

Workload is sometimes unmanageable during peak volumes through academic year.

Highly recommended

It was an amazing experience to work there. Typically day at work was not a surprise. I had my schedule in advance 2 weeks. Work place culture is not very easy going. I love working there.

Pros

Good pay, free lunches

Working at WLU

Environment is good depending on which department you work in. There are good people all over campus who are willing to help new employees and become good friends.

Great management and administration, reasonable hours and pay, overall enjoyable experience. Valuable learning and teaching skills, mentored by a professor.

Pros

Work within faculty

opportunities available for contract faculty

I have found there to be ongoing requests for contract teaching in a variety of disciplines. Contract faculty have a union so there is support for re-occurring and first request contracts.

Amazing School

I love being able to take part in the all opportunties presented to me at Laurier. Getting involved with the Students' Union has been a tremodus support in allowing me to network and connect my passions with work.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at work and all the people I am working with. I am greeted every day and everyone is very intent on helping you solve any problems you might have.

Pros

Lots of freedom making your own schedu

Cons

Gets busy during certain months but nothing unmanageable

Great workplace for students!

Good part time jobs choices for students, hlep you gain experience and skills in work while having a unique campus life experience. Relaxing and friendly environment.

I like my job

Working at WLU for Aramark food services has been a wonderful experience. I love the fast pace and the multicultural atmosphere. Having children that are in university/college and high school, working with students has been the best experience to help me understand my own children. I'm content and very blessed

Fun Place to Work

The team is amazing and super fun to work with, you can go to them with any question or concern about anything and they will be more than happy to help you!

Amazing work culture

Laurier provides a healthy and interactive work culture in which each individual is given the tools to grow and succeed in their position. I would highly recommend Laurier as a potential employer!

Relaxing and Accomodating place to work

Flexible work hours which allow you to work around your school schedule very easily. The workplace culture is very friendly such that all of your coworkers are students

High stability

A very stable job in post secondary with opportunities to inspire younger generations as they establish their careers. Often very fulfilling working with students and colleagues.

Fun and Collaborative Workplace

Wilfrid Laurier University was a great workplace to develop my personal interests as well as apply what I have learned in the classroom to actual students.

Pros

good pay

Cons

apathetic students

The job could be fun but the demands were too high.

There were activities that were planned every once in a while but overall their expectations for you on a day to day basis were too much to balance with schoolwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilfrid Laurier University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement