Wilfrid Laurier University
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Canada176 reviews

wilfridstudentuniversityprofessorcampusteachingassistantcontract

The professor was amazing to work with and I enjoyed helping the students

Worked as a lab IA for a comp sci course. Had a fun time and enjoyed helping students. The professor for the course was amazing. Pay was good as well.

Pros

Slightly luck based but I got a great professor for the course.

part time job

- people are supportive and nice- the job was kind of easy to deal with- manager was supper nice to me- good team vibe- I wanna go back being hired again

Insights into Wilfrid Laurier University

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fun times

Great people and we’ll supported always. Worked in a few roles throughout the years. Laurier is such a family and your truly do make friends for life. I miss the feel and vibe of campus. Some of the best years of my life

Very stressful work please

I don't recommend anyone to work here. The manager doesn't know what's going on in the kitchen at all, he only listens to the denunciations of employees.Don’t spend your time!!!

Productive place with good infrastructure.

I worked there as a for a small period. The workplace was very friendly but I could feel the contractual nature of the job. It felt like I was expected to leave after my contract was done.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

not enough opportunity for advancement

bad

less than enjoyable experienceadmin doesnt care about youhandled the pandemic just about as poorly as any university possibly couldfell from #1 in student satisfaction to #11 within just a couple years, and it's clear why

Great place to do an internship

I had a great experience as Communications Assistant at Laurier International. I learned a lot about internal/external Communications and was given plenty of opportunities to expand my skillset in other areas like social media. The team was super welcoming and friendly and really worked to make sure myself and the other interns felt comfortable and supported.

it was okay

It was an okay place to work, contract by contract basis. work wasn't that hard some time there was rushes and alot of hours needed to be done. overall a good experience.

Non productive work place.

Not productive in terms of workforce. Upper management not clear and unorganized. Not accountable for their own actions/direction - takes out rage and mistakes on staff

Barista - food services

I worked in food services at the Starbucks for 2 years and really enjoyed it. The job was fast-paced and fostered a friendly work environment. I also picked up catering shifts with food services at the university for extra cash and it was always a great time.

Pros

discounted food

Great opportunity to work in a great environment

Had and have a great connection with the staff, they listened to our advise. It was a great work environment to be a part of. What a team should be...

Pros

Great team to work with

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Team oriented environment. Supportive senior leadership. Is difficult to advance as an administrator due to structure of administrative support staff pay bands.

Pros

Wonderful staff, faculty and students. Great work environment.

Cons

Workload is sometimes unmanageable during peak volumes through academic year.

Highly recommended

It was an amazing experience to work there. Typically day at work was not a surprise. I had my schedule in advance 2 weeks. Work place culture is not very easy going. I love working there.

Pros

Good pay, free lunches

Working at WLU

Environment is good depending on which department you work in. There are good people all over campus who are willing to help new employees and become good friends.

Great management and administration, reasonable hours and pay, overall enjoyable experience. Valuable learning and teaching skills, mentored by a professor.

Pros

Work within faculty

opportunities available for contract faculty

I have found there to be ongoing requests for contract teaching in a variety of disciplines. Contract faculty have a union so there is support for re-occurring and first request contracts.

Amazing School

I love being able to take part in the all opportunties presented to me at Laurier. Getting involved with the Students' Union has been a tremodus support in allowing me to network and connect my passions with work.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at work and all the people I am working with. I am greeted every day and everyone is very intent on helping you solve any problems you might have.

Pros

Lots of freedom making your own schedu

Cons

Gets busy during certain months but nothing unmanageable

Great workplace for students!

Good part time jobs choices for students, hlep you gain experience and skills in work while having a unique campus life experience. Relaxing and friendly environment.

I like my job

Working at WLU for Aramark food services has been a wonderful experience. I love the fast pace and the multicultural atmosphere. Having children that are in university/college and high school, working with students has been the best experience to help me understand my own children. I'm content and very blessed

Fun Place to Work

The team is amazing and super fun to work with, you can go to them with any question or concern about anything and they will be more than happy to help you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilfrid Laurier University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement