Wilfrid Laurier University

Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Insights into Wilfrid Laurier University

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Team oriented environment. Supportive senior leadership. Is difficult to advance as an administrator due to structure of administrative support staff pay bands.

Pros

Wonderful staff, faculty and students. Great work environment.

Cons

Workload is sometimes unmanageable during peak volumes through academic year.

Barista - food services

I worked in food services at the Starbucks for 2 years and really enjoyed it. The job was fast-paced and fostered a friendly work environment. I also picked up catering shifts with food services at the university for extra cash and it was always a great time.

Pros

discounted food

Highly recommended

It was an amazing experience to work there. Typically day at work was not a surprise. I had my schedule in advance 2 weeks. Work place culture is not very easy going. I love working there.

Pros

Good pay, free lunches

Working at WLU

Environment is good depending on which department you work in. There are good people all over campus who are willing to help new employees and become good friends.

Great management and administration, reasonable hours and pay, overall enjoyable experience. Valuable learning and teaching skills, mentored by a professor.

Pros

Work within faculty

opportunities available for contract faculty

I have found there to be ongoing requests for contract teaching in a variety of disciplines. Contract faculty have a union so there is support for re-occurring and first request contracts.

Amazing School

I love being able to take part in the all opportunties presented to me at Laurier. Getting involved with the Students' Union has been a tremodus support in allowing me to network and connect my passions with work.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at work and all the people I am working with. I am greeted every day and everyone is very intent on helping you solve any problems you might have.

Pros

Lots of freedom making your own schedu

Cons

Gets busy during certain months but nothing unmanageable

Great workplace for students!

Good part time jobs choices for students, hlep you gain experience and skills in work while having a unique campus life experience. Relaxing and friendly environment.

I like my job

Working at WLU for Aramark food services has been a wonderful experience. I love the fast pace and the multicultural atmosphere. Having children that are in university/college and high school, working with students has been the best experience to help me understand my own children. I'm content and very blessed

Fun Place to Work

The team is amazing and super fun to work with, you can go to them with any question or concern about anything and they will be more than happy to help you!

Amazing work culture

Laurier provides a healthy and interactive work culture in which each individual is given the tools to grow and succeed in their position. I would highly recommend Laurier as a potential employer!

Relaxing and Accomodating place to work

Flexible work hours which allow you to work around your school schedule very easily. The workplace culture is very friendly such that all of your coworkers are students

High stability

A very stable job in post secondary with opportunities to inspire younger generations as they establish their careers. Often very fulfilling working with students and colleagues.

Fun and Collaborative Workplace

Wilfrid Laurier University was a great workplace to develop my personal interests as well as apply what I have learned in the classroom to actual students.

Pros

good pay

Cons

apathetic students

The job could be fun but the demands were too high.

There were activities that were planned every once in a while but overall their expectations for you on a day to day basis were too much to balance with schoolwork.

Great experience

Working at Wilfrid Laurier University has been the most amazing experience. I am so grateful to have had the chance to work as an instructional assistant for the physics and chemistry courses.

Fun job as head boxing coach

5 hours a week, afternoons $900/semester (2 semesters per year) contract coach for the semester (stable part time) work with students to organize the boxing club the students are great

productive and engaging place to work at with excellent staff

I enjoyed working with my team as both professors, for whom I worked, were engaging, helpful and trusting enough to allow me to teach through my methods. They were always available when encountered with a problem and assured me that I was doing a wonderful job. My team members were helpful and considerate. We were able to disagree and discuss our ideas in a safe and effective manner. My students were a joy to have and seeing them succeed academically was the greatest outcome of my experience.

Pros

environment and job culture, topics discussed, freedom to plan own lessons

Productive work place

This was an amazing place to work. unfortunately I was on a contract. I think Laurier was the best place I ever worked at. the pay was good and there was benefits and pension.

Pros

pension

Cons

hard to get job security

Great School

I was a student at Laurier from 2015-2019 and I loved it. Great campus with amazing professors and staff. Would definitely recommend to any students looking to apply

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilfrid Laurier University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3