Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Its a job
Food Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 March 2019
Lots of gossip and politics, management being particularly bad.The pay isn't too bad, although the union works on seniority so you will get the worst hours until you hit 10 years or so.
Being an IA is a good opportunity
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 March 2019
My supervisor was great to work with and made the whole IA process easy and fun. We got along very well. Being an IA was also a great experience and something I am passionate about and enjoy.
work study postion
Student Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2019
A good temporary job for students while studying at the school, although you have to reapply every school year because the position is only available through the work study program
Pros
flexible with class schedule
Cons
office closes around 4pm
A family like team
Laurier Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 January 2019
Our two main purposes are to provide support to incoming international students and outgoing international student. We have different committing that oversee different support we provide. During this job, I have developed great communications skills, interpersonal skills as well as using the resource we offer to give suitable advice for students
Great Experience
Communications - Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 January 2019
I would spend time at Wilfred Laurier University again, however I don't think my experience at Wilfred Laurier University gives an accurate reflection of the culture there.
I have chosen to give everything 4 stars simply because I will acknowledge that others who worked alongside me would also give on average 4 stars.
Overall however, I believe Wilfred Laurier University exceeded my personal standards.

TL;DR 5 stars, I would do it all again
its great
MBA Programs Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 October 2018
I like it here a lot but I do not like being forced to write reviews without an opt-out feature. I find it distasteful to be forced to go through this before I am able to move forward.
Great experience
International Student Amabssador (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 September 2018
Great student position, good mentorship and opportunities for professional development. Casual work environment. University has great spirit at the staff level too.
President of Python Club (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 August 2018
Productive and flexible. This allowed you to be both creative and involved into the club. Great work environment and culture since there are students that are as inspired as you.
Decent place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 July 2018
I have only been working here part time since March 2018. I find it relaxed and a safe environment to work. The buildings are nice and clean. overall a great place to work
Lab
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 July 2018
Loved working here, could have more hours though. It was fun and interesting. I learned a lot and got relevant experience. I loved my team and management.
Great Place to Work
Microbial Ecology Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 June 2018
I love working at Wilfrid Laurier University, the sense of community is great. The people are friendly and inclusive. The atmosphere is very casual and laid back.
Great Place to grow and learn
Supervisor, Team Lead, Calling Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 June 2018
Great availability of student jobs, provided lots of opportunities to grow and learn within the positions offered. worked around your class schedule so you could work and learn
Productive and enjoyable
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 May 2018
Typical day including attending classes, working with students, answering emails from students and working alongside the course professor. I found the workload was reasonable but it can be difficult when extensive marking must be done.
Productive workplace
Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 April 2018
Wilfird Laurier University is an affable working environment and high-quality training. The community and public affair department creates lots of great content to attract new students and improve recruiting.
rewarding job with opportunity to give back
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 April 2018
In this job, I was able to give back to students in the same position that I had once been in. I taught lessons to the students and then helped them with assignments for the lab section or reviewed course material with them.
Pros
Bonus pay for marking hours
Cons
repetitive
Great management, slow pace
Wilfrid Laurier Residence Life Don (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2018
Working for GAP was a lot of fun, and the management was great, however the work environment was often slow paced, with the occasional busy holiday rush. Made for the shifts to go by slowly and the enjoyment of going to work to fade.
Good
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2018
More student benefits needed. being a graduate student is great, there are tons of work spaces and the laboratory has all the equipment I need to complete my research.
Great deal of experience with debugging
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 April 2018
It is great working with students, you learn a lot by fixing other people's mistakes and it generally reinforces your understanding of the subject. I would recommend working as a TA at this university.
Fun workplace, yet stressful environment at times
Residence Life Staff Member (Don) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 April 2018
Very valuable experience with my time here, and I continue to work for the university for the years to come. There are some stressful aspects to the position I worked, mainly revolving around mental-health of first year students.
I was a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 April 2018
I was a student here and worked in a number of labs as summer research assistant. Good way to get experience in academic labs. The pay is minimal but it is also a good way to get reference letters.