Wild Wing

Wild Wing Management reviews

Canada167 reviews
Sporty environment with different kind of customers. Friendly co-workers supportive boss. Stress less work. Time management. Good customer service. Overall I had a good experience working at wild wing
Learnt a lot from my stint there. The management is ok but do take everything in writing. Can learn about food here and about various sauces. Good place to work
Pros
On job training
Queen and hanson
Queen and airport

Brisdale

Rock wood mall

Owner is harasser, most of the girls are involved in selling drugs and prostitution.
No place for decent girls.
Recommended for high school- university students looking to work limited hours in order to focus in education. Rarely felt like a job due to the job being a fun workplace. However, management was poor and often didn't seem to show care for the restaurant i.e. buying enough/reliable supplies.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Owner was disgusting, refused for me to kick out guests that were making myself and others extremely uncomfortable. Owner stole tip money from servers' tills, had no respect for the women he hired, did not listen to availability, would not have store open for franchise standard times and would close arbitrary days. All around the atmosphere was disgusting, kitchen was gross and followed little to no health and safety regulations,
Enjoy working at wild wing Burlington. Thanks to management team. Atmosphere is decent where everyone want to work. Learned time management and skills.
STAY AWAY FROM THE WILSON LOCATION!!!!
Even if you’re desperate for a job, or even just a customer, IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!

I was hired on as full time, but ended up with no more than 1-2 shifts week because “business was slow” that should’ve been a red flag.

The servers (with the exception of 2) were just overall terrible people and should be FAR AWAY from ANY type of customer service job.

They were rude to customers for no reason and would talk smack about them for things that were their own fault.

Some customers have even confessed to me that if it wasn’t for the cheap beer, they would not come at all. I’d say that’s red flag #2

Servers also had horrible communication skills, would often argue about things that are completely avoidable if they just talked to each other or asked questions.
Servers are ALWAYS on their phones.

On my 2nd day of training, this girl was watching Netflix with her headphones in the whole time. I tried asking questions but I was blatantly ignored and I knew I spoke loud enough for her to hear me because she would still respond to customers.....?? Red flag #3

They are also personally the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever met.

This was my first time working in a bar, so I accidentally gave a guest one too many beers (gave him 3 schooners total, one being ~30oz which most patrons can drink & handle about 4) but I quickly acknowledged my mistake, made sure he drank a full glass of water and that he got home safe. I was reprimanded by that server for not being careful. It was my fault, so I’m ok with that.

About 2 days later, she makes the exact
 - more...
The place isn't run very well at all. Management and owners are very cheap. You can make far better money in other serving jobs. However, it is a very relaxed, fun atmosphere!
This was one of the worst jobs I've ever had, and I've been in the industry for a while now, so I know how tough things can typically be in food and service. The owner of the location I was at hardly interviewed me, but I was desperate for a job and disregarded his lack of thoroughness as I was desperate to make some money before the holidays. His lack of concern continued throughout my short time there. From the beginning, there were physical safety concerns such as violent and impaired patrons (drug use from prior to entering). These patrons often didn't pay or would come and not spend money, he refused me the ability to ban them or call authorities in dangerous situation. He refused to sell products at the franchise discount (i.e. wild shots at the agreed discounted price). He would often pay employees improperly or not at all. He constantly accused loyal workers of stealing product, even with no proof. He constantly watched over our shoulders and spied on us in demeaning ways, which lead to incredibly low morale and high turnover. Many unethical business practices were in place, including disregarding worker safety, ignoring drug usage, leaving small female servers alone to deal with intoxicated patrons late night, etc... Would not allow workers to dispose of food waste, kept the mistakes and whatnot aside and tried to sell or refry it hours later. He would not give into customer complaints or suggestions, making it a really challenging job to keep customers satisfied. If a beer was flat or littered with yeast, he would demand you continue selling from that keg. I am a highly - more...
This is a great job for students, i worked here throughout high school and college. job can be challenging sometimes and you must be aware of your surroundings in a small kitchen. must be a team player. management can be tough to get along with.....
The job was nice enough at first and if you have been a fry cook before than you will probably fit in at wild wings. I didn’t enjoy the long hours with minimal pay. If you’re a fry cook desperate for a place to work than perhaps this is your place. On the other hand if your pay is important to you than perhaps you might look elsewhere. The staff is lovely for the most part and is the best part about the job it’s mainly the management you’ll have issues with.
owner could care less about employees, the place was filled with roaches and fruit flies. some flies would even get into the alcohol bottles. no support for doing so much work. owner never helped with customer disputes and would leave the server/bartender to handle it by themselves unless the customer became belligerent and loud. owner allowed customers who walked out to return and make the server pay the bill. he stays at the back like a creep watching through the cameras and would never confront employees personally and would always get another employee to do it instead. so unprofessional and disgusting stay away!!!!
any and all labour laws you can think of were not adhered to. avoid at all costs. I worked at two different locations and both were awful. Staff had to pay out of pocket for walk outs. Staff were all miserable because of such a toxic environment. Owners would rather have incompetent and rude staff who don't stand up for themselves than hire experienced and competent staff with integrity. Also would charge for errors, such as something entered into the computer incorrectly, even when it was never made or served. Didn't pay for training at the one location. Despicable and the owners should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Avoid at all costs.
owner was the cheapest SOB, would use carrots and celery that was mouldy, put it in a vinegar solution and cover in sauce! also would used vegetables dropped on the floor without cleaning, expired frozen products, minimal heath and safety maintenance.
owner alientated anyone who tried to help, freaking out and saying it was a waste of money to buy fresh carrots and celery from costco, wouldn't throw out mouldy sauces, skimmed the top off.

this location eventually shut down under the owners management.
Typical day is making about 1000+ plus wings, i learned how to manage chits coming into the kitchen and being able to read what the chit says. Management was nice. Hardest part of the job was the fact that it was all the way in orleans and i live downtown ottawa
I had fun working here there was alot of locals that were frequent so building friendships was great too. Food is awesome and the environment was great. Management was good
Pros
Free food
Cons
Owner
A typical day at work consists of clocking in at 10:30AM, and getting right to prepping fries, onion rings, carrots, celery as well as replacing any missing items, ex. we have no grilled chicken so I will pull the required amount out of the freezer to last throughout the day. I learned mostly how to keep calm and stay organized during a rush. Management has always been good and easy to get along with throughout my time at Wild Wings. Workplace culture is loud, due in portion to the deep fryers and merry chef running but also due to co-workers yelling a bit more than needed. Aside from that, most cooks have been very easy to get along with and moderately easy to train, minus a few I will not mention and servers were usually easy to get along with unless they carried an ego around with them. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep my cool when servers would delay me from doing my prep, and the most enjoyable part was working alongside one of my best friends.
Pros
Working with one of my best friends.
Cons
Used to have free lunches then changed to half off out of nowhere.
It was the worst place to work at, the staff was really good but the management was uneducated and never really cared for there employees. Things cant be improved with them but the staff makes the restaurant run smoothly
the wild wings i worked at for not even a week is the worst restaurant ever
the manager doesnt care about his staff
he doesnt pay good
the staff is really rude and disrespectfull

it is super unorganized

the night time staff lets the guys do anything in the bar without no consequences
Pros
Cons
everything
owner of my location was not professional, didnt not pay on time. excepted high work ethics but did not co-operate with employees. could be different with other locations
Pros
discount
Cons
management is very good. we all work as a team. take care of the operation very serious that customer should always leave happy. handle guest complaints very seriously.