Wild Wing Employee Reviews

Wrong person running it from the start
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 April 2018
The lady acting as gm was not qualified and unfortunately has a drinking problem which would render her absent when she was needed most at busy times, and useless when her staff would have to physically pull her from the bar across the lot. She was threatened by staff she had that was hard working and beneficial as they made her look bad to the absentee/silent owner at the time so they would leave. She staffed the kitchen with mostly family members who were not reprimanded for mistakes and/or unprofessional work ethics.
Didn't take long for customers to realize what was going on as it rarely has more then a few cars in the parking lot.
Cons
Not busy, Run poorly, unfair treatment
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2018
I was a hostess at Wild Wing, where I would greet customers, serve food, and bust tables. Time management and a fast pace are essential in the restaurant business. It was a friendly environment where I was able to bond with customers and learn communication skills.
Kitchen opener or closer
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Merivale, ON15 February 2018
Good learning experience learned good insight enjoyed working with diffrent kitchen equipment & big menu lot to follow but was strong at the job opened and closed alone
Pros
Employee discount flexible managment
Good place
Server (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 February 2018
You have large table sections and on busy nights can generally walk away with good money. It is a smaller restaurant, so there is no bartender, though that gives you experience making drinks.
Pros
Fast cash, easy going work environment
Cons
hit or miss on how busy it is
fun work place!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 January 2018
this place was so much fun to work, so many nice costumers and such an amazing staff. everyone was easy to work with and the managers were the nicest people. however, there is really no hours for a host because it doesn't get busy.
Fun work enviroment with some minor issues
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2018
Wild Wing was my first serving job and the team I worked with was both friendly, patient and helpful even in a busy, stressful environment (like Tuesdays and Saturdays). There's almost always time to bond with regulars and make friends with both co-workers and locals.

My only issues lies with management and scheduling. There was often a monopolizing of server's time when making schedules (several 7-11/8-12 shifts in a week) and blatant favourtism played by management about servers who we're given more even shifts, leniency with mistakes and more accessibility to time off when requested.
Pros
Fun and active work environment, steadily busy and laid back
Cons
No breaks, poor scheduling, slow lunch shifts
Excellent hours and freedom
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON17 January 2018
excellent hours provided, and an abundance of freedom during down time. free food for those who worked there, and discounted food as well. easily accessible and understanding manager
Pros
cook your own food
Cons
slightly boring as only one cook
Nice little pub
Serving manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
Great to learn bar tending skills
Great energy
Nice people
Management was wonderful
Best part UFC fights
Sports events always brought a good crowd in
Pros
Food was great
Cons
Close at2am
great workplace to practice serving
Bar Manager/Head Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
great place to practice your serving skills. Wild wings is a fun place if run by the right owner. Staff is ok, Customers are very loyal to there favourite servers.
Terrible boss
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 December 2017
Certain female management are terrible people. Gotta love having someone expect you to do twice the job you've been hired for. Get into trouble for something you've seen the other employees (including management) doing.
it was ok
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 November 2017
I got hired and was fired out of the blue 2 weeks into my training so definitely don't recommend. they never have enough crew so you're constantly running around like a headless chicken
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2017
- Great Staff
- Delicious wings with many options
- Jukebox provides great music selection
- Fast paced environment
- Employee turnover rate is high unfortunately
Pros
Menu options
Cons
Employee turnover rate
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB6 November 2017
Fantastic place to work, it gets extremely busy on the weekends. Great people and great environment, Appreciative and knowledgable staff and great management.
Very normal workplace
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 October 2017
I am looking for another job to leave this place, I've been working for this place almost 2 years now and found no appreciation or increasing the hourly rate. I am so ashamed to have a position like that with the same rate of the entry level cook line staff
Very laid back work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2017
The location was never busy, due to poor management and not enough promoting. The actual work was laid back and not too demanding. Great coworkers. Friendly and fun
Great project to work on
Bar Manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  King City, ON18 August 2017
Fantastic opportunity for a responsible self starting individual. I really thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this team. The corporate store is a great place to work.
Different/New workplace with fun staff and great menu
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON19 June 2017
My typical day at work would be getting starting 15 minutes early, for example if my start time was 11 am I would be there for 10:45, ready to work. I would either be tossing wings, working salad bar, or cooking with deep fryers. I learned a lot of restaurant skills.

The hardest part of the job, was probably getting the rest of the staff to follow the basic portioning procedures, as well as having them work to their full potential.

The most enjoyable part of the job, would be being extremely busy and focused. It was always quite busy and I always got to take a break after the dinner rush. We also got 50% off on food.
Pros
50% off Food and fun workplace
Cons
Extremely unprofessional and unorganized management with bad temper.
Decent place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 June 2017
I was a line cook at wild wings. Atmosphere was alright, the people that worked there were alright and pretty friendly. Place wasn't too clean and sometimes hectic in there.
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON29 May 2017
Amazing staff! Great hours! Regulars are friendly. Opportunity to begin with no experience. 6-hour shifts. great food and fun work environment, couldn't work at a better restaurant!
Great
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 May 2017
I enjoy working here, the work environment is enjoyable and it is a family environment. I've learned how to bartend and also how to give customers a great experience.