Wild Wing Employee Reviews

Bartender and waitress
BARTENDER/WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2019
I had fun working here there was alot of locals that were frequent so building friendships was great too. Food is awesome and the environment was great. Management was good
Pros
Free food
Cons
Owner
Bad management
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 May 2019
There would be 1 server at all times even when it was really busy, got too overwhelming and you had to do everything on your own. Training is just following around another server for like a shift or two, there is not much structure to the training or to your duties.
Pros
small discount
Cons
not understanding or accommodating to your schedule, you do all the jobs as a "server" other than cooking
Steeles and Dufferin location
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 March 2019
It was the worst place to work at, the staff was really good but the management was uneducated and never really cared for there employees. Things cant be improved with them but the staff makes the restaurant run smoothly
my overall review the worst wild wings i have ever stepped foot in as an employee and customer
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2019
the wild wings i worked at for not even a week is the worst restaurant ever
the manager doesnt care about his staff
he doesnt pay good
the staff is really rude and disrespectfull
it is super unorganized
the night time staff lets the guys do anything in the bar without no consequences
Pros
Cons
everything
not fun to work in
Sales/Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  toronto, on31 January 2019
owner of my location was not professional, didnt not pay on time. excepted high work ethics but did not co-operate with employees. could be different with other locations
Pros
discount
Mediocore experience
short order line cook (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 January 2019
At my time at Wild Wing I worked several shifts as a cook. The staff was great but the shifts were very piratic and unorganized. The communication could be improved
good workplace
chef WILD WING, North York (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 January 2019
good environment to work and a great place to learn new things.
best managers and co workers
gave extra benefits sucj as free meal and drinks on the shift.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 December 2018
management is very good. we all work as a team. take care of the operation very serious that customer should always leave happy. handle guest complaints very seriously.
Okay
WAITRESS / BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Auro10 December 2018
My experience at Wild Wing was par at best. Location was run quite poorly and not very organized at all. Flexible hours which was good for my schedule at the time.
Fun place to work
Chef, Wild Wing, Markham (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 October 2018
During my time there I got to meet a lot of new faces everyday and even made long lasting friendships with some of the regular customers that would come in and sit around the bar.
Leadership roles
Waitress/Bartender/Supervisor on Duty (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2018
Here is where I started waiting, and where I was given many opportunities including how to handle leadership roles in an industry I never before had worked in.
Not bad
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 October 2018
Wild wing is not a recognized brand overall. Their food is really good. But mostly they are owned by unprofessional. They don't even know how to manage it and pass everything to the employees.
Positive work enviroment
BARTENDER (SUPERVISOR) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On9 September 2018
positive work place, some what of a fast paced environment, friendly co-workers , management and customers. work to life balance was 50/50 - overall an enjoyable place to work.
Great job while in school
Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 September 2018
Wild wing is a great part time job while you're in university. They are very flexible in creating a schedule that fits with your availability the staff is amazing and if you ever need a shift covered everyone is overly helpful.
My work family
Server/ Day Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 September 2018
This was an excellent place to work while in school - the people I worked with have become life long friends. This is the only job I can say that I enjoyed going to EVERYDAY!

The management changed hands a few times and things weren't very consistent but overall a good place to work.
Waitress and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON30 August 2018
Very enjoyable and rewarding job great place to better your skills as a server, very well run business and enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is surprising rushes when the restaurant is understaffed. Hard work but pays off
Pros
Relaxed environment, friendly customers
Cons
Depends on tips, no breaks, paid servers wage
Do not work for this place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
Horrible owner and management. Owner keeps most of kitchen's tips and fires long-time workers for speaking up (not myself, I felt because I moved further away).
fun
cook (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON19 July 2018
this is a fun job to have, everyone gets along very well and you get free drinks while working, the food is good and the boss is nice, and there are cvs so when its slow you can watch tv.
Pros
fun
Cons
nothing
Irritating employees and bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2018
Very easy to say it’s a nice restaurant until you experience the cooks picking up wings off the ground and not changing the oil in the fryers for several days or the waitresses lying about prices and not cleaning properly, I’m surprised wild wings is still in business and the manager still has a job there is they do
Pros
Quite
Cons
The food and drinks
Wrong person running it from the start
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 April 2018
The lady acting as gm was not qualified and unfortunately has a drinking problem which would render her absent when she was needed most at busy times, and useless when her staff would have to physically pull her from the bar across the lot. She was threatened by staff she had that was hard working and beneficial as they made her look bad to the absentee/silent owner at the time so they would leave. She staffed the kitchen with mostly family members who were not reprimanded for mistakes and/or unprofessional work ethics.
Didn't take long for customers to realize what was going on as it rarely has more then a few cars in the parking lot.
Cons
Not busy, Run poorly, unfair treatment