Wild Wing

Wild Wing Employee Reviews

Canada167 reviews
At this location, there are barely any customers and you work alone with either the owner or a chef. No training at all, you get put into the bar and you have to learn by yourself. I didn’t even get my own login to clock in with. However, the owner is one of the nicest i’ve ever met. Although you usually work alone the chefs are very nice and you can tell they really want the restaurant to strive.
Pros
Get all the tips, great customers and owners are very nice.
Cons
No training, no customers
Sporty environment with different kind of customers. Friendly co-workers supportive boss. Stress less work. Time management. Good customer service. Overall I had a good experience working at wild wing
Learnt a lot from my stint there. The management is ok but do take everything in writing. Can learn about food here and about various sauces. Good place to work
Pros
On job training
- busy place to work in the summer
- good tips / very low tip out

- easy going atmosphere

- easy menu to remember

- serving alone most times

- nice regulars
Clean the kitchen, chop some vegetables, make sure you have enough of everything you need, start the fryers, and then wait for orders to come in. Managers really nice and can help you out with whatever you need
Queen and hanson
Queen and airport

Brisdale

Rock wood mall

Owner is harasser, most of the girls are involved in selling drugs and prostitution.

No place for decent girls.
Depending on the time and what store you are at, rush hour can be very stressful and fast-paced. Lifting a keg or two would happen at least once in your shift. One location when I worked there would be super cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. It's a hard-working job but worth the experience.
Recommended for high school- university students looking to work limited hours in order to focus in education. Rarely felt like a job due to the job being a fun workplace. However, management was poor and often didn't seem to show care for the restaurant i.e. buying enough/reliable supplies.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Good work place and good food. also the pay is good. Busy days are hard and annoying at times. People are nice and friendly. But it is a bar drunk people will be annoy at times.
Owner was disgusting, refused for me to kick out guests that were making myself and others extremely uncomfortable. Owner stole tip money from servers' tills, had no respect for the women he hired, did not listen to availability, would not have store open for franchise standard times and would close arbitrary days. All around the atmosphere was disgusting, kitchen was gross and followed little to no health and safety regulations,
A typical day at work consisted of seating and greeting guests and ensuring their satisfaction with their meals and beverages. Wild wing teaches you to interact with customers in a professional and kind mannerism and develops problem solving skills as well as your independance on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly staff and kind customers.
i take my own time

some i do it at home

enjoyable working

servers are nice

manager is very sticks
Pros
enjoy
Cons
too much work
Enjoy working at wild wing Burlington. Thanks to management team. Atmosphere is decent where everyone want to work. Learned time management and skills.
STAY AWAY FROM THE WILSON LOCATION!!!!
Even if you’re desperate for a job, or even just a customer, IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!

I was hired on as full time, but ended up with no more than 1-2 shifts week because “business was slow” that should’ve been a red flag.

The servers (with the exception of 2) were just overall terrible people and should be FAR AWAY from ANY type of customer service job.

They were rude to customers for no reason and would talk smack about them for things that were their own fault.

Some customers have even confessed to me that if it wasn’t for the cheap beer, they would not come at all. I’d say that’s red flag #2

Servers also had horrible communication skills, would often argue about things that are completely avoidable if they just talked to each other or asked questions.

Servers are ALWAYS on their phones.

On my 2nd day of training, this girl was watching Netflix with her headphones in the whole time. I tried asking questions but I was blatantly ignored and I knew I spoke loud enough for her to hear me because she would still respond to customers.....?? Red flag #3

They are also personally the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever met.

This was my first time working in a bar, so I accidentally gave a guest one too many beers (gave him 3 schooners total, one being ~30oz which most patrons can drink & handle about 4) but I quickly acknowledged my mistake, made sure he drank a full glass of water and that he got home safe. I was reprimanded by that server for not being careful. It was my fault, so I’m ok with that.

About 2 days later, she makes the exact
 - more...
The place isn't run very well at all. Management and owners are very cheap. You can make far better money in other serving jobs. However, it is a very relaxed, fun atmosphere!
This was one of the worst jobs I've ever had, and I've been in the industry for a while now, so I know how tough things can typically be in food and service. The owner of the location I was at hardly interviewed me, but I was desperate for a job and disregarded his lack of thoroughness as I was desperate to make some money before the holidays. His lack of concern continued throughout my short time there. From the beginning, there were physical safety concerns such as violent and impaired patrons (drug use from prior to entering). These patrons often didn't pay or would come and not spend money, he refused me the ability to ban them or call authorities in dangerous situation. He refused to sell products at the franchise discount (i.e. wild shots at the agreed discounted price). He would often pay employees improperly or not at all. He constantly accused loyal workers of stealing product, even with no proof. He constantly watched over our shoulders and spied on us in demeaning ways, which lead to incredibly low morale and high turnover. Many unethical business practices were in place, including disregarding worker safety, ignoring drug usage, leaving small female servers alone to deal with intoxicated patrons late night, etc... Would not allow workers to dispose of food waste, kept the mistakes and whatnot aside and tried to sell or refry it hours later. He would not give into customer complaints or suggestions, making it a really challenging job to keep customers satisfied. If a beer was flat or littered with yeast, he would demand you continue selling from that keg. I am a highly - more...
Wild wing is a fun fast pace environment which can be stressful at times but overall good experience. I started as a line cook and then a server then a bar back then s assistan manger then manager
Nothing special, it was just a restaurant job, there were times that were slow and times where it got really busy. Personally I think when there are a lot of orders are the times that are the most stressful.
This is a great job for students, i worked here throughout high school and college. job can be challenging sometimes and you must be aware of your surroundings in a small kitchen. must be a team player. management can be tough to get along with.....
Great Company to work for. Definitely would recommend the company for those trying to enter the hospitality industry. Great team environment. Only disadvantage is low work life balance but I guess that's a given with such an industry
Made many friends while i worked there, always felt heard and valued. Yeah it was a slow restaurant but it was still a fun job. The job was easy to learn and i always felt welcome