Wild Renfrew

Wild Renfrew Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Nice staff accommodation but that's about it

This wasn't a great company to work for. I was informed when I got there that I might not be well-liked only because I got a job that someone else wanted and that person might be against me. The staff accommodation was nice but that was about it and it was expensive at $700 per month. Also, the hiring process was haphazard. They told me $16 per hour, they tried to get me at $15 per hour, and then I had to fight to get what I was originally offered. On my final pay, they tried to revert back to $15 per hour and I had to produce my email interactions for payroll. Also, they make you sign a contract that stipulates that you don't get paid time-and-a-half unless it's approved by management for overtime hours. However, there is still an expectation that you work time-and-a-half. Also, I had to fight with them to get my final pay paid out in accordance with the labour law. People were edgy at this job and the environment was tense. It was a very strange environment.

Pros

nice staff acccommodation

Cons

lousy management

Beautiful place to work with opportunity to learn and grow

A typical day at Wild Renfrew is diverse and what you make it! In the Guest Service office during the summer season you are busy providing the best guest experience from explaining directions to Botanical Beach or selling stickers in from the Gift Shop. I learned a variety of programs required for running a hotel and retail shop. The workplace is fun and welcoming with management that cares about your growth and development in your role. It is great for seasonal work or if you want to make a career out of any position! The most enjoyable part of the job is the location. There isn't many places like Port Renfrew and if you love people, nature and variety this is a great place for all.

Pros

Great people, positive environment, beautiful place to live

Cons

Remote Location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wild Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement