Wild Renfrew

3.4Job security & advancement

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 9 reviews

Insights into Wild Renfrew

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Nice staff accommodation but that's about it

This wasn't a great company to work for. I was informed when I got there that I might not be well-liked only because I got a job that someone else wanted and that person might be against me. The staff accommodation was nice but that was about it and it was expensive at $700 per month. Also, the hiring process was haphazard. They told me $16 per hour, they tried to get me at $15 per hour, and then I had to fight to get what I was originally offered. On my final pay, they tried to revert back to $15 per hour and I had to produce my email interactions for payroll. Also, they make you sign a contract that stipulates that you don't get paid time-and-a-half unless it's approved by management for overtime hours. However, there is still an expectation that you work time-and-a-half. Also, I had to fight with them to get my final pay paid out in accordance with the labour law. People were edgy at this job and the environment was tense. It was a very strange environment.

Pros

nice staff acccommodation

Cons

lousy management