Wiband Communications

Wiband Communications Employee Reviews

A really busy place, but it's nice to feel that you make a difference
Network Support (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2019
WiBand technical staff are VERY busy almost all of the time...sometime maybe a little too busy. It's a relatively small company, where you get to know your colleagues really well (though often only via phone or email).

There are many technologies in use to deliver multiple different services to customers. You have an opportunity to be involved in a large variety of projects and solutions. If you like learning about new things, WiBand is a good choice.
Pros
Good, hard-working people
Cons
Staffing levels are a bit low to be really effective
Great people Great Company
Installation / Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2019
Terrific ownership, management and staff, very much enjoyed dealing with all. Decent pay and work life balance. Occasional free lunch days at nice restaurants. Best coworkers I've ever had the pleasure of working with and will miss them all!
Pros
Awesome co workers and staff
Cons
Very demanding physical work at times, in adverse weather, if you're at all afraid of heights, do not apply
accounting managment
Senior Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2018
I was not treated fairly, a lot of issues were overlooked, I was bullied by my supervisor quit often, the controller knew and never spoke up! The reason why I left.
It started out just fine....
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2018
However the longer you're there the easier you'd expect it get right? Wrong! Sales is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of business. But this company barely took time to celebrate wins even on a large scale. The attitude was always to drive competition amongst sales staff but not in healthy way, in a very cut-throat and opportunistic way. The big incentive is a Presidents Club vacation if you reach the expected quota ($1 million in CONTRACT Sales). You have to sell against the VP of Sales and the Business Development Manager who take all of the relevant leads coming in to the company and issuing dead-end leads to the sales staff. Sales is a hard enough job without having getting shafted by the company you're working for. Management does not respect subordinate staff. Even when asking for help working with clients, sales staff were met with more challenges instead of assistance. The longer you stay at this company the more you need to suck up to management to be included in the inner circle. If not they will find a reason or way to push you out.
Stay away. Stay far away.
Pros
Most days you can be free to do what you need to, potential for amazing products & service
Cons
Comp plan will change from year to year with nearly unattainable targets, little support from management, unreasonably priced offerings
Great place to work!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2018
I've worked at WiBand for many years and nothing but good to say about this company. They have offered me great opportunities and for both career advancement and personal development. The treat their employees well and offer them many perks to provide a good work.life balance. I love the products and the technology we use, it is very cool and fun to work with.
Pros
Great technology, good work/life balance, fair pay, well managed, personal development.
Cons
None.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Canada1 August 2018
The company is a great place to work, like a family. We all have our good and bad days, but the good far outweigh the bad. Great atmosphere to work in and always room to grow if you want to. Upper management is always willing to work with you if you are having issues, professionally or privately. Company looks out for the employees, which includes an amazing benefits plan for my whole family.
Pros
Amazing health/benifit package and RRSP contribution matching
Great company to work with
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2018
A position that clearly defines learning something new everyday. Fun workplace and environment to be in. Great people. There are room for advancements. Tough working in harsh weather conditions but you are able to take your time. Safety is number one for this company.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Working outside, Pay raise
Good place to work, upper management doesn't know what their doing.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2017
After my manager begged to hire a 5th employee to our much strained work crew. Upper management made them cut the position after months. They won't spend money on vehicles unless it dies. Don't count on job security with these guys besides there is little to no room for advancement in the company. Took them over a year to get me my winter gear. Don't apply for them unless your desperate for work.

Every day is different. Co-workers were good to work with.
Getting approval for parts is difficult sometimes.
Pros
Lower managment good. Benefits decent.
Cons
They don't pay what your worth.
Workers are thought of as idiots by upper management
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Alberta13 March 2016
Rarely are given customer info when asked to work on customer connections (address, contact name/number)

Upper management has a very low opinion of anyone under them

Zero performance review process (which leads to zero chance of a raise)

High churn for field techs due to mistreatment (upper management expects people to quit, so they do nothing to fix the problems that make people leave)
Cons
over booked on work and always expected to do overtime to complete
good work environment
Wireless Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 December 2015
Wiband has been a good place to work here in Winnipeg with competitive benefit packages, fair salary, and good work ethics.
Pros
lots of learnings
Cons
no merit increase even after a year
Good experience, not very organized
field service technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
Good job,working in a fast paced field. Managment has some poor practices in place, which often leads to a lot of mismanaged time. Alot of simple things could drastically speed up production. makes things very frustrating
Enjoyed my time with this company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2015
Great Technology, with excellent opportunity to meet targets.
Salary + Draw + commission.
Excellent Staff at branch office and throughout company
Pros
Cool Technology to sell
Cons
No assigned territories
Under pressure working condition
Communications Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Outside Field Department14 November 2014
Good place for the outside workers. Have to climb the 100 ft tower to install the transmitter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wiband Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Wiband Communications Reviews by Location