Wholesale Sports Employee Reviews

First Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 March 2018
As my first retail job Wholesale sports has taught me many valuable skills such as up selling, problem solving and over all better communication skills.
Pros
discount
Cons
constant schedule change
Terrible
train employees, school Club Executive (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 March 2018
Worked here for 5 years, never was appreciated by management. I was asked to do everything my manager was supposed to do, while she sat and did nothing, texting on her phone.
It had to end
Manager of Operations Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 March 2018
Not UFA's core business and as such, WSS got the axe when things got tough.
The board's focus was on agribusiness, not hunting and fishing retail success.
Pros
Advancement for real workers
Cons
Lack of raises
Company closed down
Cycle count associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2018
Always seemed like the parent company did not care too much about this company, I had been there just shy of 4 years with one raise ever, and I did not get fired, but the company closed down (I was asked to stay extended periods of time after my original end date to help the store close)
Same as previous
Department Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
If Wholesale Sports did not go out of business I would have spent the rest of my career with the company. Continuing to advance and grow
I learned so much from my manager and have a great deal of respect for her..
Pros
Happy Fun Enviroment
Cons
Closing down
wholesale sports was a good place to work
Archery, Fishing and hunting Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2018
This was a good place to work, coworkers are all good hearted and respectful and helpful. I wish this company had not gone out business.I learned a lot from this company
Pros
good people
Cons
did not find any cons
Archery/Hunting Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
Staff and Management were great to work for and the customers were awesome. New challenges everyday and a great place to be a part off. Lots learning every day as it also was new challenges to help customers
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Store is now closed
Fun place with a great work environment.
Hunting sales (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 January 2018
Wholesale sports was a great place to work with awesome people and great management. Was a great place to learn more about my passions and grow as an outdoor enthusiast.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Store Closure
A great place to work!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
Wholesale Sports was a great place to work!! The company considered family as a very important part of each employee! The senior management would make themselves available to you and answer any concerns you may have!!

If the company wouldn't have closed down I would still be working there and hopefully until I would retire!!
Enjoyed my time with this company.
Maintenance Worker sales (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 January 2018
Worked 6.00 a.m to 2.30 I liked this shift.Enjoyed working with a small crew.liked and used the products we sold.Enjoyed learning something new every day. Some customers wanted deals that we were not aloud to do it was hard to say no sometimes. Enjoyed sharing stories with customers. I also worked as shipper receiver for 5 years I liked doing this job also.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Store closing on us
I worked in a place that I loved what it was all about.
FRONT END MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 January 2018
I loved my job, the problem solving, the customer service aspect when a customer leaves with a smile on their face. Opening stores and training staff new to Wholesale Sports. Dealing with numbers and making sure paperwork is done correctly by all closing MODs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff issues and mistakes done at the end of each day by an MOD but it was also rewarding. I worked in a store that had everything to do with my life outside of work. Hunting, camping and fishing. We at Wholesale Sports were like family and we continue to do things together since the store closed.
Pros
Worked in a place that represented what I love to do outside of work
Cons
Customers who were never happy with what ever you tried to do to help them out
Sales Personnel/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Loved working there but now they shut down. Management was awesome, atmosphere light and welcoming and people friendly and genuine. There is just no medical benefits.
great place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 January 2018
this place is the most fun, great people, too bad its closed now.. its a great enviroment with hard working great training people to work with, awesome assistance
best job ever
operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
it was a grate place to work, I had the time of my life. the people are great, benefits are good, management where amazing. you learn very quickly and can grow
Pros
options
Cons
hours long
Busy workplace with a lot to do
Shipper/Receiver, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta12 December 2017
Trucks would come in to deliver products, we would off-load them using pallet jacks and then scan them into the system to be sold. Learned how to complete a shipping manifest. also learned a lot about the products we sold. Management was good, they kept everything flowing smoothly. Got along with all my co-workers, everyone was hard working. Hardest part was the lull when certain hunting seasons were over, best part was gathering product to be shipped out to other locations as per customers requests.
Pros
Fast paced, fun workplace
Cons
Lulls in between sporting seasons
This was a dream job.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 December 2017
This was a dream job. It is very unfortunate that the business decision was made to close all locations and re-allocate the assets and funds to the UFA side of the company.
Pros
Great bpeople, great products
Was a great place to work
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB CANADA30 November 2017
Really enjoyed working here for years so sad they had to close down. Was a great place with great atmosphere and great people. Will miss my work family :P
Front End Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 November 2017
I was hired as the Front End Department Manager and I had the pleasure of meeting a fantastic group of hardworking, customer service bound individuals. I love every aspect of my job. The hardest part will be saying good bye to all my employees and Management team due to the closing of our store. I have learned so much in a short period of time.
Productive and fast pace environment for work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 November 2017
At Wholesale Sports I learned to be self driven, how to work with others and the community. A typical day at work would be stocking, customer service, and keeping the store clean.
Pros
Learned to work with company
Cons
Store closed due to mismanagement
Horrible management
Senior Associate, Camping Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 November 2017
The employee turnover was incredible because of the poor management and their lack of respect towards good employees. No wonder the company went under.
Pros
15 minute break paid
Cons
horrible management, low pay, no advancement