Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for.
DTS (Data and Technology Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2018
Nothing is easy and free in life and you have to work for it.
WFM offers full and part time employment and a TON opportunities for growth and or lateral movement if thats all you are looking for.
The work environment is fun and leadership are always willing to help.
I learned a lot with Wholefoods and made great lasting friendships while working in Vancouver.
Such an amazing work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 January 2018
Whole Foods felt like a second home after only a week or two of working with them. Everyone I worked with (with the exception of one manager) was amazing. It was a fast paced work environment, but there was almost always someone there to help when you needed it. One of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Interesting and fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  North York, ON25 December 2017
It’s a great place to work. So much to learn everyday in customer service. Easy and fun to work with co-workers and managers. Fun customer interaction.
Pros
Great team member discount
Good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Park Royal, BC9 December 2017
Good benefits and nice atmosphere.
Lot of things to learn and fair team leader.
I enjoy interacting with customers.
My day mostly goes with doing stuff for the station and talking to the customers, really good i wasn't stuck in just one place.
Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2017
Pretty solid job, worked there for 4 months, good pay, long hours, was given different tasks which is good because i like to do different things over a long period of time.
Productive and fun workplace
Coffee Buyer - Coffee & Tea Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2017
Specializing in coffee, working at WFM was a great place to learn about the the origins and characteristics of coffees from all over the world. With coffee being in the Specialty department I was also able to learn about other specialty foods like; cheese, olives, chocolate, etc.
Good culture, low pay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2017
WFM offered excellent benefits for entry level work, but the base pay was not great. The company promotes (at least it did before Amazon bought it) a healthy and supportive culture.
ehhh
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2017
not the best place to work, imo. very rushed/fast paced and absolutely no support from management/even other employees who are along side you. Pro is they aren't hard on you when you call in for good reason, they make it work overtime.
some employees aew slacking, you continue the load
team member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2017
too much expectations.
leaders are just sitting down gossiping and killing time
they can hire unskilled managers
it's ok to sit and gossip around till you get caught
Pros
free snacks
Cons
benefits too expensive/ managers are snubbished
Poor Management, No Accountability
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2017
Love the work I am doing and the laid back atmosphere and store culture. Hate the internal drama and gossip between team members and management. Training is terrible depending on department. Pay is on par with entry level retail and benefits are deducted from pay cheques (only available to FT). Team leadership in my department is ineffectual. They are always available to take praise, but will deflect any issues to people beneath them. Lack of team leadership accountability forces workers to try to complete tasks with limited resources allowing us to meet only minimum standards, or occasionally completely hindering ability to complete jobs. Limited, almost non-existent upward mobility depending again on department. No acknowledgement or incentive for lower level employees. High employee turnover and no recourse for dealing with employee complaints.

Experience will differ between departments and locations.
Pros
Creative work
Cons
Bad Management, No Accountability
It's a fun and friendly place to work at
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 September 2017
It was a good expierence, costumers were very kind and welcoming. Workers were nice and welcoming also! I sugggest people to work there too. Liked the place
Pros
Free lunch breaks
Cons
Standing long time
Best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2017
Best job I ever had. They treated me so well there. I met so many incredible customers and heard stories about their lives. My coworkers were, and remain, some of the best friends ive ever had.
Store Receiver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 August 2017
Great place to work and great co workers. Good Benefits
Core Values is an asset of this company......................................................
Pros
Peanut Butter and Jelly every thursday before payday
Cons
Scheduling
Soul Sucking
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Square One8 August 2017
Unless you want a life career in Whole Foods, then this place will just make you depressed. Entitled customers, managers who don't care about you because they're too obsessed with customer satisfaction and money. Just too much stress for a job that I needed just to pay for school. I hated it there so much.
Great company values and initiatives.
Grocery Buyer/team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
I had worked in the grocery industry for 8 years before joining Whole Foods Market and had never worked for anyone as great as them. I was blown away by the experience. The company as a whole has great core values, cares about animals and the environment and above all cares about their employees. They pay fair wages, offer great benefits and care about their employees development. Great work/life balance, fun place to work. They really provide a team environment and the Leadership in the store is really engaged and helpful. Definitely the best grocery retailer to work for.
Cons
Very great place to work at
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Whole Foods is a great company to work for. All managers and team leaders are very understandable. Great core values. The company's benefits for employees are great.
Wonderful Organization to work for
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
LOVED working at WFM. Management wonderful, product is amazing, dynamic and exciting. So much opportunity to grow! I was excited to come into work everyday :)
Amazing benefits
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2017
Is really great place to work when I stared to work there at whole foods was a hood experience to get all the knowledge about foundations and all the help the have been given around the world.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Leaders
Reasonable place to work
Associate Produce Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
Fair and reasonable place to work. High pressure environment and very demanding. Start as early as 5am and can be working as late as 11pm or midnight. Also, overnight inventory shifts could be something you have to do.
Pros
Reasonable leadership, minimul dress code, good pay for industry
Cons
Unpleasing schedule requirements
great upper managemt
Baker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 June 2017
The assistant and store manager as well as the human resources manager are great, but I find that the bakery department is not well organized and are always short staffed.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K