Whole Foods Market Employee Review

View all Whole Foods Market reviews

Great work environment, company treats employees well with respect, and generous perks which include 20% discount and good pay.
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Los Altos22 August 2013
I get in to work for the closing shift ten minutes early to clock in at 3:00 pm. We assemble in the main hallway for pep-talk, the days goals and news before we head out to the sales floor. From 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm I will typically be stocking and facing the shelves before I take break. Afterwords I maintain the shelves until my lunch break around 7:00 pm. After lunch I continue to help customers as much as I can, maintain shelves, help team members, and check merchandise stands for facing. After the day is done we all go to the back and clean out our maintenance carts and clock out.

One of the biggest aspects of the job that I learned was expanding on my time management skills and customer service skills, which are both exercised on daily basis.

Management is fine, in my opinion, although I was told that the Los Altos store could use a complete makeover, specifically coming from team members who have been with the company and have been working at different stores for years.

Co-workers are great, big happy family.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is a grind for nearly 8 hours, facing, and helping customers staying on even turf the entire day can be difficult, but manageable.

Even though we work hard we still have fun. The store is nice environment to work in.
Pros
20% discount card, great store atmosphere, good people, great values
Cons
Food is expensive

Other Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Hard working environment, lots of fun, staff like family.
Whole Body Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2018
I worked at Whole Foods Market in Toronto for 6 years and had the time of my life. My co-workers were like family to me. The work load was heavy with labour cuts, which was eventually why I left the company. Overall I have no regrets and would recommend this job to people who want to work hard and have a good time doing it.
Pros
All the amazing people who work there
Cons
Pressure to work harder and faster
Worst pay for your hard work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 April 2018
Actually... literally... seriously... the worst pay for work ratio in a job ever.
Pay your workers more plain and simple holy cow i've never seen a certified chef ever be paid less, same with the prep chefs.
Its actually the worst ever. And that is just the pay.
Pros
food and people
Cons
almost everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52K