Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 312 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,275 reviews

nice coworkers but some policies i don't agree with

it was an alright place to work, but the long hours standing at the till killed me. it gave me back and knee issues standing there for 7.5 hours a day and i'm very young. the managers aren't very warm and welcoming but they weren't mean either. and dress code rules are bent for skinny people. i wore the same thing as a girl skinnier than me but i was told to change and she was never spoken to. it felt a little weird as i'm just a little curvier than her... just weird vibes around the management sometimes. and i feel like the discounts aren't every fair or generous, it's only 20% off for employees and they give you a higher percentage off if your skinnier??

Pros

good benefits

Cons

long hours and weird management

If there is a Wholefoods Store in my area, definitely I would apply a job.

Job at Wholefoods was simple. First of all, you'd have a team trainer to guide you through the job step by step. Also, the company provide Team Members lots of learning materials and keep educate you through your time there.It depends on which department you work for, your task would be slightly different but big difference is between opening and closing shifts.

Pros

Team Member discount

Wouldn't stay more than 6 months

The company pretends to be righteous and exemplar though, in reality, they are only good at hiring nice people and overworking them until they've had enough. They don't pay enough for constant labour/customer interaction let alone to cover the cost of living or to buy products in-store even with the 20% discount.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

workplace culture, expectations, compensation

very pleasant team players to work in a very large space and clean working surrounding.

It was fun and productive workplace where managers teams were very professional and treated their employees nice. Good and pleasant place to work. One free nice lunch every two weeks. If you are looking for hours, you could always get enough hours.

Pros

Store offered nice free lunch and snacks every two weeks.

Cons

right long hours to work and always let employees to take their breaks in the rgiht time.

Official response from Whole Foods Market

23 August 2021
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, both positive and constructive. We hope that you have already shared your concerns with your store’s leadership or through the Team Member Tipline. If you have not, we encourage you to leave feedback in one of these ways so that it can be effectively addressed.

Potential to be a good p/t job,

I have worked at some bad places before,but this place is awful. I never diss on a prior employer but I must. Managers (and there are lots!) only look at the errors you make during probation period. Never do they appreciate the positive. Typical Large Corporation, but what can you expect from a company owned by Amazon. Avoid at all cost.

Pros

1.00 coffee, really had to find one !

Cons

Managers are a product of Corporate mentality.

Official response from Whole Foods Market

5 August 2021
Thanks for your feedback. As you know, we welcome all feedback with our open-door policy. We hope that you have already shared your concerns with your store’s leadership or through the Team Member Tipline. We encourage you to leave feedback in one of these ways so that it can be effectively addressed.

Terrible Management

I have never worked in a department that had such a awful management team. My Team leaders had no idea how to deal with people or how to manage a department. They just came in for there shift and went home. It was pretty much a boys club if they liked you they would keep you around and give you the easy stuff. If they didn't they would try and push you out.You have been warned!

Pros

Benefits and 20% discount

Cons

Dreadful management

Its a job

I was very excited to work there at the beginning. I had a great team leader that had great passion for their job. I went on leave and came back to a dead department. There was change over and they had left due to their own personal issues of unfairness within the company. My love for the job died slowly because my current team leaders had no love or knowledge for the job. They were simply there to get in and out and look good while doing it. They dont care about the team members unless you are friends with them. If they dont like you they will sabotage you/set you up to fail. They discriminate against and diminish people. My mental health suffered a lot because of the childish, highschool mentality and micro-agressions from my team leaders. Especially during a pandemic.

Pros

Employee appreciation week, once a year

Cons

Lots

Good company to work

I worked in Whole Foods for just one month. The staff were friendly and polite. The environment was good. I strong recomend the whole foods company for work.

Review of working

I really enjoyed all the employees very much, fun experience and learned a lot from working at whole foods. I miss it unfortunately I moved to far away to continue working.

Stay Away From The Produce Department!

If I were to say that there is a lack of management in the produce department it would be an understatement. They couldn't handle a shot of peach schnapps let alone handle a department properly. Management is unreliable in giving you the equipment, training and people needed to do the job. But when you confront them about problems they will give pathetic excuses that they have been using since they were five years old or just straight up lie to you. They are just a bunch of yes men who have know idea how to think for themselves. They have no communication, problem solving or people skills. Management wants you to sell your soul and bleed Whole Foods green in order to get ahead. They will expect things from you that they themselves can't or don't know how to do. Favoritism is so bad to the point where some team members just do whatever they want knowing that there will be no consequences. The inferior management, absence of responsibility and accountability in the produce department is something that should be avoided unless you are very desperate.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Dearth of Mangement

Jobs at Whole Foods Market

See more jobs

Don't work here if you have mental health issues, they dont care.

Half of the people there are incredibly rude, ontop of that always talking stuff about you and trying to find out about your personal business. Don't expect to get hired back after you leave, they can replace any one within a minute.

Pros

Good wage but have to prove yourself too much.

Cons

Almost everyone's attitude in that company is wretched

Great environment for employees

Worked there before Amazon took over but the culture is still tge same. It was clear how much the employees were valued and supported. I very much enjoyed working thefe

there have good a enrolment for work and they content always entertainment fun relaxing the employees its very fun to relaxing work stress

They always care employees safety i get more experience different all they department even i dont no good communication (English language problem) but they give time again they give time to understand all are safety officers and superior ,managers given good respect and care the employees.

Friendly Staff and Management

Positive work environment with great benefits and opportunity for advancement. I always felt very welcomed and supported at work. Many friendly, regular customers.

Production and work place not enough staff and there is no direction with management

I am happy been pay top wages work my way up to the top of there pay scale and there is so much diversity in the job not only cutting meat but also Involved with the customers and there is a good Team Player’s even one helps one another.

Pros

Poor 401K, for Team Members with the profits we make . I would like Amazon to look into a better 401k plan

Cons

The only con is there 401k Plan

Fun workplace

To sum it up, my 5yrs are very good. Never expected that ai would stay that long. Associates are very friendly, even the managers. The store is very "homey". 20% discount is not that bad. Even though it's a little pricey.

Pros

Free lunches, samples and some items

Cons

Not everyone is given their requested off or even booked holidays.

Great Work Culture

It was a great experience for a retail job. Co workers and managers had a nice and supportive attitude. The job was not too hard. However, it does require a lot of standing and lifting as Cashier. I worked there before Covid. So Im not sure what it is like now.

Pros

Great Attitude of Co Workers and Team Member Appreciation Week

Cons

Heavy Lifting and hours were cut sometimes

If you enjoy working for a company that only looks good on paper

Whole foods is a company, recently trying to ban wearing a poppy...Working at a grocery store, its a job. Whole foods on the other hand; managers want you to sell your soul to be a team player that rats out other employees. That's no kind of life, If you love produce and boxes on a shelf and want to make sure they look perfect for customers who are pretentious, then this job is for you.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

applying

Amazing place to work

Good compensation and management, fun work environment good very lenient with hours and provide enough hours for living. Good hourly wage, good food offered that’s healthy.

Pros

Good compensation, amazing management, good discount, friendly people

Cons

Unpredictable coworkers

Over worked, under paid and under staffed

Would expect far too much tasks to be done in an 8 hour shift while doing customer service work in certain departments. Also was very unorganized during pandemic procedures. Alot of the staff agreed it was very unsafe to reopen the buffet, so they had a staff member to watch over the buffet tables, was a waste of time and lost another person that could've helped. Had to listen to the company representatives, even if they didn't understand or know what its like working on the sale floor.

Pros

Some managers are dopey so you can work alone with out someone hovering over you

Cons

Lack of help from said managers cause they would like to hide upstairs

Customers 100% are always right

Stressful environment to work in. Breaks 10 min. and are timed, Other companies are 15 min. Pay is low. Hard work. Customers are always right, micromanaged every minute of your shift, no work life balance, your shifts are all over, get points for being late or calling out. Team has too vote you on.

Pros

The Team members are very nice and they give you 20% off.

Cons

Shifts all over the place, no work life balance, timed breaks and micromanaged, low raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K