Whole Foods Market

Canada370 reviews

Found 370 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,223 reviews
foodwfmmemberdiscountstoregroceryleadermarket

ok

I can be good sometimes and it can be bad sometimes just like many other places. Keep your head up and ask for what you need to be a better employee..

Great summer/first job

Great job. No complaints. They paid above minimum wage and holidays and had employee appreciation days. Required to work either Saturday or Sunday usually.

Pros

Above minimum wage and good scheduling

Insights into Whole Foods Market

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

fun place!

Very fun environment good benefits and great 20% discount for groceries. All the team members who worked there were friendly and socialble! Felt like family

Pros

good workers

Cons

Worst management ever experienced.

Don't work here if you care about your mental health. They treat their employees with no respect and make it virtually impossible to take time off. I had to talk to 6 different managers after submitting a coverage request 2 weeks in advance. They usually schedule only one cashier up front aside from self check out so you have a nonstop line for 8 hours by yourself. I was sick for two days and got written up. I was also accused of a no call no show when I had been there all day. You get an employee ID number and that's all you are to them. They are consistently disrespectful and don't care about your well being. Breaks are always late. Managers stand around and don't help with anything, they just watch you struggle and then critique what you're doing. If you care about your mental health at all - DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. Horrible experience overall.

Pros

zero pros

Cons

Everything is a con here.

Just a job

Just a regular grocery job. Struggling store, no sales, no raises, high turn over, management was mediocre. Very little room for advancement, very little support from people above store level.

It's what you make it.

Wholefoods is a company that is as good as you make it there are plenty of stores where everything is great (customers, employees, and management) then there are some places that are a complete nightmare.

A very competitive unhappy atmosphere

I was hired at Whole Foods and excited about it. Boy what an error in judgement .After they got their act togethr ( it took almost 2 weeks for me to get an employee number so I could actually be on till , the job for which I was hired .Not one shift passed without some cashier sticking their nose where it doesn't belong .A bunch of wannabees who never will be .Good bye Whole Foods and good riddance !!

Whole Foods Manager

Bad place to work. As management you have a large amount of expectations and little time to do them all. If you're working off the clock to finish said work or get ahead, you could be fired. It feels like a cult and they are all trying to indoctrinate you, so don't drink the cool aid! The staff members are great but the company treats you like garbage

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Everything else

Not a fun work environment.

Management was rude and disrespectful. There is very little appreciation for staff. The pay and benefits are good but definitely could be better. From what I have heard, ever since Amazon bought the company, it has gone down hill.

Started out great....

Started in 2014 and finished my time in 2016.When I first started TM appreciation week was awesome...all kinds of free products, lunch every day, double TM discount for a day(40% off everything).By the time I quit, non of this existed anymore.Can only imagine what Amazon Whole Foods is like now.They will work you until your fingers bleed and your back breaks, and your reward will be taking on more and more responsibilities without any further compensation.

It can be stressfull

Always short of staff, it made difficult to do task. Sometimes you have to work on your own till late night and have your own production yourself. A few selfish team members, which made you do their chores. If you're working at production or as a team leader, you'll get a good salary. Lots of team members come and go due to low salary.

Nice coworker but micromanage is getting serious

Had enjoyed working at the store until micromanagement was getting worse.I realized after leader ship member changed, it affects workplace culture significantly.

Good for young people

Repetitive tasks. Sometimes it gets really slow and boring. Standing for 6-7 hours. Too many PLU codes to remember for one person. Busy hours time passes fast and it can become enjoyable.

Pros

Employee Discount Card

Cons

Boring

You get what you put into it

If you dedicate your life to the company you will get promotions eventually but at the end of the day big companies don't care about you and will delete you when its convenient to get a new lower payed person.if you work here do it for yourself either as part time for paying for school or to get experience to move into another industry.if you are willing to work 10 or 12 hours shifts or come in on your day off you will get promoted and get luxuries that others don't getCoworkers are fine but its all shallow they don't care about you just acting nice to save face there wasn't really any drama or talking about people behind there back but after you leave its likely you wont be speaking to anyone here againget used to saying hi how are you 70 times a day to hear the same thing back but no one actually cares but I'm just reiterating at this point.its a very easy job though some people say its hard but they are just lazy there is just enough to do for the 8 hours of your day.

fun work place

Thank you for training me to take over your new position. I’ll aim to uphold the work ethic you brought into this role. I appreciate you motivating me to be the best employee I can be.

Okay first job

Not bad to start. Low wage. Good benefits. Management was disconnected from realities. They expect far more than what you get paid for. Hard physically and not enough breaks/ adequate time to rest or even use the bathroom.

Stressful and alot of turn over

More training would have been appreciated, and the work load is not equivalent to the wage. Most grocery stores pay their staff more, and the expectations are too high

Fun workplace and friendly co-workers

Managers and supervisors are very supportive and help me with my day-to-day tasks. Co-workers are fun to be around with. Overall,a very fun and laidback environment surrounded by achievers and go-getters. Love this company!

It was good for first Canadian experience job

It was good for first experience in Canada . I learn to much about culture and range of foods . Try to speak English for all . Friendly staff and coworker but salary not enough for life

Too much work

Closing shifts are the worse. You have to clean everything and sometimes by yourself, you don't have too much help! Most people leave because they stay until 10 pm or more cleaning the area alone.

Not worth it

The location I worked at was good in the beginning but once the pandemic started it went down hill. My mental health is more important. The management team were not supportive, they only cared about the money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement