Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 139 reviews matching the search See all 6,680 reviews
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2018
Whole Foods Market is great place to work at with an amazing management. I learned a lot from how to greet customers to how to ensure great customer service. The workplace is very quick and intense due to the amount of shoppers we have. The hardest part of the job would be facing some rude customers, but other than that it is a great friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing old customers come in and being able to have a conversation with them is probably the best feeling.
Pros
amazing food quality, good salary, great staff
Cons
standing for a long period of time, rude customers, working on holidays
Great first job but lots of gossips going around
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 August 2018
When I started there, I really really enjoyed working there. Everyone was friendly, some of them were welcoming. But after months I found myself really disgusted by all the gossips and talking behind your back going around. It made me really uncomfortable working with some co-workers because of that to the point that I had to quit. The management was good but seem sometimes disorganized. I met extraordinary good people that I will never forget and some that I really want to forget. It was a relief to quit that place and I will never come back. If you can stand constant gossip and talks behind your back then that's a place for you!!
Pros
Employee discount, free product, salary
Cons
Constant gossip
Happy to have worked there.
SALES ASSOCIATE/BARISTA/ BAKERY ASSSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Overall I was pleased with my experience there. I wish I had started in Customer Service because I felt well suited there. Overall it was a learning experience.
Pros
Pay, environment
Cons
customers, management
Positive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2018
I enjoy working with the team members, got so many multi task due.
Always positive energy around. t’s actually such an easy process. The truck shows up and your delivery person asks you where you want the groceries. I told him the kitchen and he carried the boxes right into the kitchen for me. I signed, paid and was done! For my 2nd delivery, he even took the boxes I had from the 1st delivery as they will reuse them.

What I like is that I had the same delivery guy both times. I don’t know if that will always be the case but it would be nice. He was super-polite, we chatted but it wasn’t too much and then he was gone. When you have someone you don’t know coming into your home, it can feel a little strange – and I found myself feeling a sigh of relief when I saw it was the same person again.
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Good management, good staff, enjoyable, no cons, every day was very similar, good shifts and hours, some customers were inpatient, learnt basic mathematics and good customer service skills
Meat Department Cutter
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cambie, BC7 July 2018
If you are hired as a meat cutter.

Wont't get industry meat cutter class wages.

You start out at $15 & you need to know how to make sausage in 1 montth.

That is trade in it's self.

Must help every aspect of department. Like serve counter, set, up case, cut all types of meat cuts, includng pouitry, knight cleaning sanitation.

All with half hour break all day.

Stay away from this place.

It's the worse place to work.

Looking elsewhere¡🚫👎
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Too High Expectations
Fun workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2018
Fun, great, challenging, too much drama, nice place, team member, not much team member, all i can say it, good leadership and team member, ogranic an fresh foods
Great place to learn about food.
Buyer, Bulk Foods & Dairy (Former Employee) –  Square One and Yonge/Sheppard6 July 2018
A lot of training provided. Able to change departments/locations easily when job openings are available. Able to grow within the company. I learned a lot about food and what to eat/not eat. Also the sale of food and how it should be delivered to the customer.
Pros
Free samples for products you have not tried.
Cons
Expensive merchandise.
Fun Work Place
Customer Service/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 July 2018
Management is very supportive and lets you be creative with the job. Fun work culture as well.

I have learned how make good pizzas as they let me explore my position and I really enjoyed it
Whole Foods has my Whole Heart
Prepared Food Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2018
Wonderful atmosphere, lovely coworkers, and the friendliest of customers. I was taught a number of different and new processes in the Prepared Foods sections (including how to make pizzas, rotisserie chicken, sandwiches, and salads).
Pros
Free food
Cons
Good place to work. Required to do your job then go home.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2018
This is a good job. Benefits are good. Pay is industry standard. Lots of perks, discounts, gift cards for a job well done. Can't really complain too much.
overall pretty good place to work for
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
A typical day at work was come in get change and do your job it kept me busy throughout the day and lots to do almost every single day. the management could have used a bit more work improvment,
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Cashier/Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC16 June 2018
Working at Whole Foods was one of my first full time jobs and I must say it was a whole lot of fun working there. Management was so nice and accommodating with hours and always went above and beyond to treat their employees with gratitude and respect. I was a cashier and I was very impressed with how thorough the cash training was. At Whole Foods it is pretty much a big family and all of the team members get along and truly have fun when they are at work.
Make it your last option.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 June 2018
This place nearly killed me, and with a smile on their face! Typical, horrible American corporation! I started there a very happy and healthy person and left on long-term disability. Deathly ill. They deleted me to the best of their ability, all the while making it seem like they were so good to me. As if they had done me some kind of favour.
Pros
small staff discount
Cons
no control over your schedule
Unprofessional team leader.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 May 2018
Avoid the customer service dept., the lady team leader is horrible, rude and disrespectful. The day in the life of the cashier aside from cashiering is cleaning the cafeteria tables, chairs and recovering push carts outside. The smell of the reflectorize safety jacket is so dirty and smell bad. The team leader isn't sincere and usually apply the full force of harrassment and intimidation if you are single out. She will tell you that your team members doesn't like you during evaluation, totally a lie.
Stay away from this store, go to other Wholefoods store.
Pros
20% employee discount.
Cons
Short break.
The Honest Truth
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2018
Overall what it's like working at Whole Foods is that the staff there are amazing and working conditions are great (comes with benefits), no complaints. However the downfall of working there are the customers from the glebe area and the management team. They are so focused on making everything perfect because it's the only Whole Foods in Ottawa; and in regards to managements' position and their work responsibilities are questionable in a sense of performance-wise. Whole Foods isn't the same as it was two years ago and it's becoming more pressuring to work for them. I got out at a good time.
Pros
Team Member Card Discount 20%
Cons
Glebe Customers, Management
Friendly and Easy going
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
Friendly environment, Great working with knowledgeable people with years of experience. Its never too busy or too slow just enough to get the day pass by.
Pros
Free samples, Lunch
Cons
Short hours
Enjoyable work place
FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 May 2018
My experience at whole foods market was very enjoyable, The staff were very nice and the tasks were easy to catch on and complete.
Overall very good job if you are looking for a happy, positive enviorement.
very negative culture
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2018
incredibly dishonest company that promotes a bully culture to keep the bulk of employees revolving in and out.

left because i was constantly being asked not only to break store policies but on many occasion Canadian laws.

ive never been somewhere so negative towards employees and customers.

the bad press they get in the news doesnt even scratch the surface of how sleazy they get here.
Pros
free food sometimes, basic health benefits
Cons
mentaly exhuasting
The worst dollar for your work....
Receiver/Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 May 2018
Everyone is lit....
Pay is the worst part x100
Work you'll do vs pay you get? Not even worth it.
Would never go back. Management gave out pathetic raises.
Manager never cared about anything but numbers.
Lit people.
Pros
Free Food and Lit People
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K