Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Close Knit environment with reasonable benefits
Team Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2018
It started going downhill when amazon came around and while I loved the environment I worked in and would enjoy the opportunity to go back there it is because of the hardworking individuals there.
Great workplace, management is so-so.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
A great work environment with it's quirks.
A fun place to work with interesting products.
Best part is getting to sample and learn about unique products.
Worst part is working for shift leaders who fail to communicate clear instructions.
Pros
Paid sick days
Cons
Difficult staff
friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2018
regular work, i learned patient and a lot of information about retail store , friendly management ,is a nice place too work ,some of the jobs not fit me because of heavy duty,friendly enverenment
Pros
discount card
Cons
lifting for some of the jobs
Excellent place for new young team members
NIGHT SHIFT BAKERY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2018
I worked at Whole Foods for 23 years in the production bakery. The job can be very challenging and stressfull at times especially when we got short staffed. Having said that, I found the work very enjoyable and most team members very pleasent and reliable. There is lots of support from leader ship and many oppertunities for advancement. Whole Foods is a great place for new team members to start their work career in a workplace culture that is very respectful.
Pros
Something new each day giving team members lots of experience.
Cons
Very little time off, Team members tend to work full 40 hours year round with no extra days off on stats.
Excellent team structure and dedicated staff.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2018
This is a great place to work with many perks and benefits, not to mention the relaxed yet motivated workplace environment. Would recommend applying here.
Great company to work for
Square One - Service Team Member/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
The company is great to work for. Pay is great, benefits are amazing and there is a discount. The company is a good place to work. The only downside is they hire anyone that can work
Pros
Benefits, Competitive wage, 20% discount
Cons
Depends on your department, managment sucks
Open book communication and friendly company
Team member/Full time (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 August 2018
Friendly company and allow you to learned many things especially in customer service.Open book communication and gonna teach you how to grow as a team member and gives you or teach you to be more confident to your work .
Pros
20% discount
Cons
7.5 hrs
People are great
Whole Body ATL (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2018
Whole Foods is an amazing company! He people that work there for the most part are friendly, kind and caring. They have a very specific way of doing things that most other companies do not. The best part they allow you to try and be creative and make you grow, the worst part is the structure is very poor and certain ideas are taken to an extreame. Management are alright to deal with. There is a lot of politics. High turn over as there isn’t enogh training and way too much thrown on employees and management and not enough support. They ask how they can help but then don’t fix things as there is a ton of red tape. They always seems to favour people that have been there long term. Hopefully things get better soon.
Pros
Free product, samples, food
Cons
Bad management
Fast paced work environment
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
The deli section was really fast paced. The management was great but the job itself was harder than expected. The work environment and people were nice however there is hierarchy and drama. You meet a lot of nice customers and workers.
Pros
20% off
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2018
Whole Foods Market is great place to work at with an amazing management. I learned a lot from how to greet customers to how to ensure great customer service. The workplace is very quick and intense due to the amount of shoppers we have. The hardest part of the job would be facing some rude customers, but other than that it is a great friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing old customers come in and being able to have a conversation with them is probably the best feeling.
Pros
amazing food quality, good salary, great staff
Cons
standing for a long period of time, rude customers, working on holidays
Great first job but lots of gossips going around
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 August 2018
When I started there, I really really enjoyed working there. Everyone was friendly, some of them were welcoming. But after months I found myself really disgusted by all the gossips and talking behind your back going around. It made me really uncomfortable working with some co-workers because of that to the point that I had to quit. The management was good but seem sometimes disorganized. I met extraordinary good people that I will never forget and some that I really want to forget. It was a relief to quit that place and I will never come back. If you can stand constant gossip and talks behind your back then that's a place for you!!
Pros
Employee discount, free product, salary
Cons
Constant gossip
Happy to have worked there.
SALES ASSOCIATE/BARISTA/ BAKERY ASSSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Overall I was pleased with my experience there. I wish I had started in Customer Service because I felt well suited there. Overall it was a learning experience.
Pros
Pay, environment
Cons
customers, management
Positive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2018
I enjoy working with the team members, got so many multi task due.
Always positive energy around. t’s actually such an easy process. The truck shows up and your delivery person asks you where you want the groceries. I told him the kitchen and he carried the boxes right into the kitchen for me. I signed, paid and was done! For my 2nd delivery, he even took the boxes I had from the 1st delivery as they will reuse them.

What I like is that I had the same delivery guy both times. I don’t know if that will always be the case but it would be nice. He was super-polite, we chatted but it wasn’t too much and then he was gone. When you have someone you don’t know coming into your home, it can feel a little strange – and I found myself feeling a sigh of relief when I saw it was the same person again.
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Good management, good staff, enjoyable, no cons, every day was very similar, good shifts and hours, some customers were inpatient, learnt basic mathematics and good customer service skills
Meat Department Cutter
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cambie, BC7 July 2018
If you are hired as a meat cutter.

Wont't get industry meat cutter class wages.

You start out at $15 & you need to know how to make sausage in 1 montth.

That is trade in it's self.

Must help every aspect of department. Like serve counter, set, up case, cut all types of meat cuts, includng pouitry, knight cleaning sanitation.

All with half hour break all day.

Stay away from this place.

It's the worse place to work.

Looking elsewhere¡🚫👎
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Too High Expectations
Fun workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2018
Fun, great, challenging, too much drama, nice place, team member, not much team member, all i can say it, good leadership and team member, ogranic an fresh foods
Great place to learn about food.
Buyer, Bulk Foods & Dairy (Former Employee) –  Square One and Yonge/Sheppard6 July 2018
A lot of training provided. Able to change departments/locations easily when job openings are available. Able to grow within the company. I learned a lot about food and what to eat/not eat. Also the sale of food and how it should be delivered to the customer.
Pros
Free samples for products you have not tried.
Cons
Expensive merchandise.
Fun Work Place
Customer Service/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 July 2018
Management is very supportive and lets you be creative with the job. Fun work culture as well.

I have learned how make good pizzas as they let me explore my position and I really enjoyed it
Whole Foods has my Whole Heart
Prepared Food Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2018
Wonderful atmosphere, lovely coworkers, and the friendliest of customers. I was taught a number of different and new processes in the Prepared Foods sections (including how to make pizzas, rotisserie chicken, sandwiches, and salads).
Pros
Free food
Cons
Good place to work. Required to do your job then go home.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2018
This is a good job. Benefits are good. Pay is industry standard. Lots of perks, discounts, gift cards for a job well done. Can't really complain too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K