Whole Foods Market
Information from Whole Foods Market:

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Canada279 reviews
Fun place to work in
The teamwork is commendable in the workplace, I enjoy working with the people there. There is no drama or politics when I work there which is a big thing.
store culture is fun
great team culture, but stressful as leadership. The organization well protect the employees, you have the rights to vote new employee to join the team or not
Great Work Environment
You meet great people and gain experience/product knowledge constantly! Management is always encouraging you to learn and is supportive as well. Loved working here.
fun and relax
frindly family oriented culture . happy place to work open door policy,
helpfull. lot of learning opertunity and can deverlop your self as a leader.
Friendly enviroment
I worked at WHOLE FOODS MARKET for 11 years on and off. I found a friendly place to work. Salary was really competitive and coworkers were nice and friendly.
Good
Everything's good at Whole foods. Co-workers are friendly. Managers are helpful, friendly and considerate. I like working there. The breaks are always guaranteed.
Productive and good environment
People are really friendly and very cooperative. It is an excellent to work at.
It was my first job in Canada and I had all support from the management team.
Friendly coworkers and nice managers.
It was very easy to work with other people in the kitchen. They were all very friendly and I was able to build new relationships. My supervisor was supportive and flexible on my schedule.
Pros
Good environment, supportive team
Cons
High rotation on managers
Its an okay place to work as long as you're not a part-time employee
It's a great steady job and you make more than minimum wage, but if you're not a full-time employee your benefits are minimal. The Yorkville location is full of very rude customers.
Pros
Sometimes free things in the break room
Cons
Rude customers, no benefits for part time employees
Good Part-time Job
I learned a lot working at whole foods last year and I gave me the experience that I needed for other career options. I wouldn't recommend it for a long-term position but I worked there for five months and it satisfied the needs of a part-time job.
Pros
Good pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
Difficult customers
Good but few money.
Changing schedule, no time to take breaks. Very collaborative team environment.
Few money for the work insensitivity.

They give a discount card.

......
Amazing
Loved working with Wholefoods market. They created a wonderful place and environment to be in. You were well treated and respected. Should not have left this company!
Great place
Great place to work, management is very transparent and open invested in people growing within the company

Interview / hiring process takes time
Busy and Fast paced workplace
Wholefoods market is a great place to start working in canada. i had a great experience working with new people who were friendly and calm. however the situation might get tense , i still had a good time and learned a lot.
Too much paper work
Stressful and so much paper work when you are in leadership Was very overwhelming. The stream of being “written up” is another very confusing part of the job And you are voted on as a team member the team votes and you get positive and negative feedback from your team which I really don’t feel is beneficial always. No to mention your horrible work hours
Pros
The staff discount
Cons
The hours
Night Shift - fast paced and heavy lifting but great coworkers and supportive
I overall enjoyed my experience at Whole Foods. I was in the overnight grocery department. My managers and supervisor were always supportive and accommodating.
Pros
employee discount, occasional free meal, free samples, didn't have a hard time getting time off
Cons
Heavy lifting was tiring some nights, can be stressful when staff didn't show up
Productive and fun
they support their leadership and team member
opportunity to move up and training available

Fun and enjoyable workplace

they treat employee equal

scheduling is

flexible
great workplace
Great workplace, Whole Foods Market Inc. is an American multinational supermarket chain headquartered in Austin, Texas, which exclusively sells products free from hydrogenated fats and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. With our community and team members in mind, we’re temporarily adjusting our store hours (including special store hours for senior customers) to bring you the best experience we can.
Lovely workplace culture, not great compensation
All of my co-workers that I met through my time at Whole Foods were amazing and are still friends with me to this day. If it weren't for the pay (to be honest it is not a liveable wage, especially in Toronto), I would have stayed.

I liked the family culture and everyone was always in good spirits. It was also an accepting space to vent about crazy customers, which can happen due to the branding of Whole Foods.
Enjoyable Experience
I worked for the Whole Body Department, their supplement and beauty department. It was a great experience as they train you on so many of the products they carry. They also give you many of the products to try out so that you can give an honest review to customers. The hardest part of the job was at times making sure every client was happy at the end of their visit. Many of them have something specific in mind when they walk in and helping them find it can be a challenge but is also rewarding. The workplace culture is laid back and very easy to work with. The best part of the job was getting to try new products, and continuing to learn more about the field.
Good
I worked at Whole Foods Market for a small amount of time. They were having management issues at the time, which meant more hours for me. They were accommodating to my schedule.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.
3.6K