White Spot Employee Reviews

Very good nice place to work lots of good people but be prepared to work hard
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 April 2019
Calm Environment, nice employs and great management managers are really nice and can work with your schedule most of the times. Stressful but enjoying to do and great place to work would recommend.
Pros
Little discount not much but still good
Happy place to work with fun and accepting co-workers
Hostess/Dishwasher/Carhop (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 April 2019
On an average day I show up and everyone greets me with a "Hello welcome back". Management cares for there staff alongside customers. Of course there are some hard days where everyone is busy and things get a little out of hand from time to time but this does not come close to he average good day at work. This is definitely a good start for someone looking for a part-time job.
Pros
65% off staff meals while on shift and 15% off any other time at any whitespot
Lacks consistant management
Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2019
They need to hire within for managers as they are the staff that knows the business. Panarama hired someone who never had restaurant experience and the guy never left the office.
Pros
15% discount catd
Cons
No breaks for daytime servers
Great management team
Lead Cook (Night shift) (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB30 March 2019
Workers and managers are fantastic. They could do better with hiring staff when short and really get the kitchen updated with newer equipments.
Kitchen just needs some work done and upgraded security. They are stuck in the past. Everything is old school
Pros
Able to pick your on shift
Cons
Kitchen isn’t in the best condition
in a working environment with other employees
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2019
i stay focused to my work and i am also very kind to fellow employees in my job, i get along with people and people get along with me. the most enjoyable part of my day is making people laugh, i always bring a good attitude towards my work if its a good or bad day for me. the hardest part of my work experience is when other employees are not fully working to the best of their capabilities because it puts me off in my work.
Pros
i got free lunches at my breaks as a dishwasher
Cons
i work part time so its only about 6 hour shifts till late at night
okay place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC12 March 2019
white spot was an okay place to work. co-workers were good to work with but the wages were low and management was difficult to work with. Not extremely co-operative/
cooking
Chef (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 February 2019
the most enjoyable part was making desserts , such as milkshakes and making the presentation gorgeous baking is just so beautiful . like its gorgeous just gotta put your creativity into it
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours
fun work place, good hours and nice people
Promotion Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2019
It was super fun and it was really exciting working with such nice people. It was fast passed which kept the job always interesting. Working as a team helped me learn a lot of new skills.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
late hours
Amazing team
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 January 2019
day at work here was awesome, great people, great vibes, learned how to do most kitchen duties in this kitchen alone
learned how to date and dot everything properly
handle a knife safely
ensure qualities of all ingredients
all food is out in a timely manner
Learning experience, friendly atmosphere
Dishwasher/Line cook (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC27 January 2019
Flaws in management, including lack of advancement and character inconsistency. Aside from that, fun company culture. Efficient, well-trained employees.
Pros
Free food on every shift (for kitchen staff)
Cons
Little advancement
Average company to work for
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2019
Bad management not qualified they hire people with no experience to keep their salaries down many ethnic people with poor English skills lacking communication
Pros
Bonus stucture was good
Cons
Too many ethnic staff
Team Based
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 January 2019
these guys are full of team emanating power that fills you up with determination to do your best. so this is all you do throughout from the time you start to when you finish your shift
Pros
fun and grovey teams
Cons
Going home at the end of the day
Great People Focused Organization
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2018
One of my longest employer and loved the way they groomed me from Kitchen Manager to a General Manager. It's very meritocratic company and has a great work culture. Top Management by and large are great bunch of people giving great direction to the company. Owners of the brand are passionate about White Spot,
Pros
People who you work with
Cons
Top down mentality at times
I had an amazing experence
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2018
My experience with White Spot began professionally but over the course of the years I worked there, my coworkers and I became quite good friends. The GM made an effort to connect the employees and to plan us Christmas parties. While on shift it was a very professional environment and the image of the corporation was always put first, but the managers were fair and well trained to go above and beyond in their duties, I felt confident in my training and was able to perform my duties to the best of my ability knowing they were welcoming of questions and learning opportunities.
Can be fun depending on who you work with, but often it can be quite stressful due to high foot traffic
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 November 2018
A typical day at work is very busy. I learned very valuable things like how to work under pressure. One of the managers were really great but the other two managers didn't work with the front of house staff very well. The workplace culture was kind of clique-y. The servers would kind of pick on the hosts. The hardest part of the job would probably be having to do the work that nobody else wants to do (ie: cleaning up messes in the bathroom that people made). The most enjoyable part of the job was the other hosts that I worked with. We would always try to make our shifts fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Long Hours
Love working here, 65% discount is great for the late shift
Busser (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 November 2018
Overall, a decent place to start as a first official job, pretty easy once you get used to it. Can get a little stressful, working the weekend evening shift, you are almost always busy
Pros
65% discount while working, 15% with employee card while not working and at other White Spot locations
Cons
65% discount only when working
Fun work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 November 2018
Very fun workplace, most managers are very easy going and understand how to manage a healthy balance of work and fun without letting things get out of control at the same time keeping things running smoothly. they teach you everything you need to know and are very understanding of people who don't have experience.
Pros
Fun workplace, great managers, great co-workers
Cons
Not a great place to build a career
Good First Job
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC22 October 2018
For entry experience a good job. Unfortunately bad owners. But always fun staff with great personality. Was a good company till everything became frozen.
Fast paced, good part time if your serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2018
Basically, if you aren't going to be a server there it's not worth it. Pays minimum + 25 cents as a host/busser. Find a grocery store, work less, get paid more.
Pros
Coworkers will be your best friends
Cons
Wages aren't competetive with the industry
Very kind and friendly work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC31 August 2018
Management was great. The customers were respectful. I worked at this job for a short time only after surgery and wasn't ready to go back after a major surgery, The manager was so kind and understanding of my situation and told me I would always be welcome there.