White Spot
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

White Spot Employee Reviews

Canada359 reviews

whitespotrestaurantserverkitchenhostessmealfood

Fun staff and great management

Great bunch of people to work with! As stressful as working in a restaurant can be, the rest of the staff and management have always got your back.Can be a very fast paced environment, which can get extremely stressful. As long as you’re ok under pressure it’s not too bad.Also can be quite difficult to get full-time.

Absolutely awful

Management is absolutely awful. Coworkers were wonderful but higher ups never care about you. You’re just another person they get to abuse. They expect you to devote your entire life to the work place. No matter what’s going on. Graduation? Meh they’ll need you to work. Family member pass? Oh well. Everyone goes eventually.

Insights into White Spot

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Really fun work place

Enjoying the job but management went downhill. They cut off when it’s not busy and scream when they get mad. It’s just can’t be happy to work with them.

Not a good place

They don't have any training and management makes no action to move forward and if your a great employee they will take advantage of you not worth your time

Stress full un fare

They don’t have the proper training and they don’t have good management also there’s some teenagers will making sedición for you I don’t recommend it, specially if you have two job and there’s lots of Competition between the Host and the servers and you should not complain to the manger

Good for first timers

I worked on the desserts/salads station. They teach you everything using a website and hands on learning. Managment was chill and you also get tip payment every 2 weeks.

Pros

Discounted or free meals

Cons

Can get very busy during certain days

Stressful workplace, low pay and inexperienced management

Working at white spot at the Kelowna airport was fine for a little while, but the workplace is fast paced for the low pay you are getting. They are extremely understaffed, with often just one or 2 people working in the kitchen, even during busy times. It sometimes feels like you are getting taken advantage of in these busy, understaffed moments, when you are making slightly above minimum wage. The manager wasn’t great, although I will say he was good about being flexible for time off and unavailability. Some of the coworkers were nice, some were very rude. Overall, I wouldn’t reccomended working here, due to the labour shortage, you can find yourself a much better paying job without all the stress of being in such an understaffed environment. The job might be fine for a couple months, but after that it’s pretty horrible. Online training is also unpaid and pretty useless. If you worked in the kitchen you could usually make your own food for your break, if you were lucky enough to get one that day.

Pros

Free lunches, flexibility

Cons

Subpar management, no breaks, low pay high stress, working in airport has disadvantages

Review Summary as a Server

So disorganized due to high volume turn over with a lack of knowledge transfer and insufficient training. Managers never could get scheduling right. I was left many nights alone serving a full restaurant(5 Sections and no bartender). I was never able to take break which cause extreme exhaustion and made room for more errors. during my time I was verbally threatened and cornered by an employee and when brought to management it was disregarded.

Pros

N/a

Very professional environment to work with.

A busy place to work. They have a very through training process. It takes about 4 weeks to do a section on your own. It is a very fun loving place to work. Managers are really approachable and helpful. All the members are really helpful as well.

I have worked many serving jobs....

This was one of the worst of them. Most restaurants give you a few tables so you can focus on customer service. At White Spot - your section is huge. Sure, there is lots of opportunity to make money (thanks to the many customers who pity you), but if you care about your customers and want to give them an experience, this probably is not the place for you. It's just sit down fast food. Upper management ruled with an iron fist - lower management grinned and beard it. Some of my managers were just miserable - and misery loves company.

just don’t

just don’t work at whitespot. they won’t train you, expect you to know what your doing, and humiliate and scream at you when you make minor mistakes. The management is extremely rude and takes out their stress on other people. their priority seems to be cutting costs and making sure they maxamise their profit, through meticulous portions and cutting corners.

You are expendable

You don’t matter here. They make it known you of no significance to the company. No matter how hard you work doesn’t matter. You can care for the well being of the company and none matters. No one recognizes your efforts.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Uncared employees

Meh, it made me a bit of money during COVID.

The girls in take-out are pretty immature and caddy which is to be expected as they're mostly teenagers and early 20s. However, the one manager is really unprofessional and would overshare with employees and try way too hard to be their friend despite being 30-something years old. Food is meh at best. 50% discount is offered but it still doesn't make the food worth it. Wouldn't ever come back but it gave me some spare money during the pandemic. The job itself was stressful, repetitive, and not worth the wages. Toxic work environment. Lots of drama with young girls.

Pros

50% Off, Short Shifts (good for students)

Cons

Everything else

Fun coworkers but very corporate feel

The job is okay and has decent flexibility for time off. However, you can tell the management only cares about the bottom line and cutting costs (mainly labor). Management isn't always fully honest and you need to make sure you are checking your paystub regularly to ensure you are being paid for all hours worked.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Poor management, greedy corporate restaurant

Great place.ace friendly atmosphere.

It was a great place to work and pick up a new job skill. It was also trustworthy and the pay was fair for the amount of work that was required. Paid every two weeks and the tips were good.

Productive and a good learning experience

The managers and staff were great. The pay was not so great. I believe if you work hard and reliable. you should be rewarded, but that is not the case in this job or most jobs out there.

working at White Spot was a lot of fun

I enjoyed my job at White spot for the most part, but the work was hard on my back as I was a dishwasher and had to lift heavy dish trays. But I did meet some nice people and I am still in contact with one of my former co workers

Stay away

Don’t work here , very rude managers. Very fast paced and overwhelming. You’ll be better off finding a different job but don’t choose white spot .Thanks and good luck.

Do not work at this location

I Work at North road location and I suggest not doing the same. Managers are not understanding and just in general do not care about ur well being. They don’t give you the days of u want, will go back on their word. Over book you. They aren’t smart, they only care about the company’s appearance.

Pros

Fries, discount

Cons

Fun workplace and made super great friends

Made friends that have become such important people in my life. Management had a high turnover, in my two years of working there I have had 6 different managers come and go.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Unstable hours, getting sent home early

Fun, good co workers, very fast paced at times

Enjoyed my experience and tips were good money. Good atmosphere and good hours. Can be slightly stressful during busy times but overall very easy to stay grounded.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Chaotic at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Spot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement