White Spot Employee Reviews

Team Based
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 January 2019
these guys are full of team emanating power that fills you up with determination to do your best. so this is all you do throughout from the time you start to when you finish your shift
Pros
fun and grovey teams
Cons
Going home at the end of the day
Great People Focused Organization
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 December 2018
One of my longest employer and loved the way they groomed me from Kitchen Manager to a General Manager. It's very meritocratic company and has a great work culture. Top Management by and large are great bunch of people giving great direction to the company. Owners of the brand are passionate about White Spot,
Pros
People who you work with
Cons
Top down mentality at times
I had an amazing experence
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2018
My experience with White Spot began professionally but over the course of the years I worked there, my coworkers and I became quite good friends. The GM made an effort to connect the employees and to plan us Christmas parties. While on shift it was a very professional environment and the image of the corporation was always put first, but the managers were fair and well trained to go above and beyond in their duties, I felt confident in my training and was able to perform my duties to the best of my ability knowing they were welcoming of questions and learning opportunities.
Can be fun depending on who you work with, but often it can be quite stressful due to high foot traffic
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 November 2018
A typical day at work is very busy. I learned very valuable things like how to work under pressure. One of the managers were really great but the other two managers didn't work with the front of house staff very well. The workplace culture was kind of clique-y. The servers would kind of pick on the hosts. The hardest part of the job would probably be having to do the work that nobody else wants to do (ie: cleaning up messes in the bathroom that people made). The most enjoyable part of the job was the other hosts that I worked with. We would always try to make our shifts fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Long Hours
Love working here, 65% discount is great for the late shift
Busser (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 November 2018
Overall, a decent place to start as a first official job, pretty easy once you get used to it. Can get a little stressful, working the weekend evening shift, you are almost always busy
Pros
65% discount while working, 15% with employee card while not working and at other White Spot locations
Cons
65% discount only when working
Fun work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 November 2018
Very fun workplace, most managers are very easy going and understand how to manage a healthy balance of work and fun without letting things get out of control at the same time keeping things running smoothly. they teach you everything you need to know and are very understanding of people who don't have experience.
Pros
Fun workplace, great managers, great co-workers
Cons
Not a great place to build a career
Good First Job
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC22 October 2018
For entry experience a good job. Unfortunately bad owners. But always fun staff with great personality. Was a good company till everything became frozen.
Fast paced, good part time if your serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 October 2018
Basically, if you aren't going to be a server there it's not worth it. Pays minimum + 25 cents as a host/busser. Find a grocery store, work less, get paid more.
Pros
Coworkers will be your best friends
Cons
Wages aren't competetive with the industry
Very kind and friendly work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC31 August 2018
Management was great. The customers were respectful. I worked at this job for a short time only after surgery and wasn't ready to go back after a major surgery, The manager was so kind and understanding of my situation and told me I would always be welcome there.
ethnic oriented employer
Fulltime cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2018
worked with a few good workers, but as like myself, never stayed very long...new management didn't have a clue how to run a restaurant...interpersonal clashes were very common place...the use of other language rather than english was a constant issue ...
Pros
one free meal per shift and employee discount at other locations for employee's
Cons
constant changing of shifts without proper notification to staff
Pretty good job
Server (Fulltime) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 August 2018
It was a pretty good job, pretty flexible hours. The restaurant was pretty well run and very clean which I liked. Not sure what else to say, it was a standard restaurant experience.
Pros
Decent discount on food, lots of flexibility, open door policy with boss
Cons
Lots of split shifts (9-2, 5-8)
Family restaurant with friendly staff
Greeter/Expo/Carhop (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 August 2018
My first job at WhiteSpot, I had the opportunity to be able to work along side my best friends throughout high school. With the different positions I learned to work it provided me life time skills and experience for the near future.
Pros
Good experience
Fast paste, great work environment.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC22 August 2018
Great place to work, amazing management! Fast paste work.
Constantly learning new skill sets. Long hours good pay!
They are always taking care of their staff. Any issues are ran by management.
They have your best interest when booking time off.
Stressful Job
Marine Drive -Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
The dishwasher is treated the worst at work

Pros:
Free meal

Cons:
Last to go home every night
Too much work for minimum wage
Dirty environment
Depressing job
Great place to serve
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  bc15 August 2018
If you have been a server this is the place for you, but in any other front of house position, you will suffer, due to slow or no advancement and minimum wage unless you're a manager. They don't really care about keeping their employs and will over staff to the point that no one will get work every summer. overall a fun and good place to work with fantastic people
fast pace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 August 2018
great place to work for a start up serving job. Fast pace and well guided. Management was a little unprofessional at times but overalll enjoyed my experience.
Reason why i got fired
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  405 dunsmir street3 August 2018
So my boss ,deside to fire me because I couldn't work in their kitchen when I was their for a year and a half. Like come on besides my attitude I was fine. I was great with everyone in the kitchen and even the servers everyone loved but the manager. But ya that the real reason why.
Pros
I made a family
Cons
I lost great friends and family
fun
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 July 2018
great restaurant chain great food fun people and clean cooking environment. always smiles on everyones faces whilst working. stressful at times but thats the fun of cooking
Poor all around
Host (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 July 2018
Had such a negative experience working here . There were so much bullying around and nevertheless management did absolutely nothing about it. Constant gossips and dramas and never ending negetivites on a daily basis made the work environment so unbearably toxic. It was significantly affecting me and for those like me who were simply just going there to make some monthly ends meet. On top of it all, there was some serious back of the house and infront of the house communication problems during high peaks of the restaurant . Lots of blaming, lots of frustration, and lack of respect. Restaurant was running as not like a “whole” but rather like two split sides of the restaurant.
It also had a very high turn over rate then your usual restaurant for all of those following reasons . I would avoid working here at least at the location that I worked for. God bless those that are still working in that poor, sad restaurant .
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Read the review
Garbage management leads to untenable environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 July 2018
Awful management made this job the worst in my experience. Getting yelled at right on the floor, in front of the guests, for simply trying to do my job right. Hours reduced so low we can't live off the one job, or get benefits. There was the expectation that we'll answer the phone, accept any shift, at any time of day or night, any day of the week. I love the food, and the experience I had as a guest, but I 100% don't recommend working here.