White Spot

White Spot Employee Reviews

Canada301 reviews
Fairly stress-free job with management and scheduling difficulty
I learned a lot about customer service here, and a fair amount about organization as well. The workplace culture is pretty casual, but can often feel unwelcoming to new employees. The hardest part of the job is getting accurately and consistently scheduled, and the most enjoyable part of the job is the work itself. The restaurant industry is fast-paced and never boring.
Händelsefull och trevlig arbetsmilö
En typiskt arbetsdag bestod av att ta beställningar, servera mat och göra drinkar. Jag lärde mig att ha många bollar i luften samtidigt och att planera snabbt för hur jag skulle kunna göra så mycket som möjligt snabbt och effektivt men samtidigt ge en god service. Den svåraste delen av jobbet var såklart när det var mycket att göra, att personalen gör alla delar själv, även om man arbetar i ett team och hjälper varandra. Men detta var samtidigt den bästa delen av jobbet, att man fick göra alla olika sysslor.
A fun work environment that I really enjoyed
My co-workers were so friendly and I looked foward to work, they were invested in seeing me advance. I loved being on skip the dishes, it let me use my organizational and time management skills and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Productive and fun work environment
I would suggest this place of work for young people as hosts and a great place to start as a server. Very flexible hours, and is a place that challenges you in the best way.
Helpful staff members
Depending on what place you are gonna apply in my expereince the staff are very friendly and helpful, Strict sometimes but willing to teach you nd understand your situation.
You are just a number to them
You work there and they dont even recognize your 1 year / 5 year mark at all. Management will call you on your day off and scream at you if you dont want to come in. Tip calculation is very questionable and under the control of a manger who frequently claims that hes "high" on (proscription) drugs
Pros
Discounted Staff Meal
Cons
Hi Stress, little reward
Awful Place To Work
The owner is so rude. He yells at his workers and customers and will demote people if they make a mistake. The owner also has favourites and he hates the new hires. He fired a server because she forgot to send an order to the kitchen. AVOID this location
Typical Work Day
Always super busy as it is more of a family friendly restaurant. Management is clueless and absolutely no help at all except for one. Short term job with good money
Great place to work. Both foh and boh team is great.
Join White spot for great career. Just start working with White spot. Always feel welcomed and friendly people at White spot. Well balanced team with both department.
Whitespot is a great place to work
The staff was very friendly, everyone works as a team to ensure success and happy shifts. I liked the hours weren't too late, and I really got to know a lot of the customers as many are regulars.
Unfriendly environment
I didn’t like the people who worked with me they were so touchy and didn’t have manners. Owner does favoritism ,, if you only see money then go if not do not
Workers are nice and that's about it
I liked everyone I work with except certain managers who overload the restaurant and end up with unhappy customers. My co-workers are nice and the job is fast-paced.
Stressful job, but overall good experience
It was very fast-paced there, so it was very stressful at times. Due to it being so fast-paced, there was not really any time to get to know any of the other workers, so it was hard to adjust there. But, overall, working there has given me a great experience with working in a fast-paced workplace and helped teach me new skills.
My time
I did not mind my time at white spot. I did it part time in Victoria while I was going to school. I enjoyed the time after work spending the time chatting and drinking with my coworkers
Your coworkers are your family
Best place to work at. Amazing group of staff that are welcoming. It is one big family when you work at White Spot. The managers I work with truly care about their employees and make sure that they feel supported.
great place to work
great place to work, good for students, was very kind generous and welcoming... This is a good company to start when learning about the service industry....
Judgmental
People in the kitchen can be judgmental
wouldn't let me take time off

scheduling was very dated

Have to push your way to learn new stations in the kitchen
fun and fast-paced
Whitespot was as fun as any other restaurant i have had the pleasure of working for . i gained new skills and experience at my time at this company . i met new people and gained new friends .
i would definitely , if given the chance ,work for whitespot again .
very fast and hard and busy work place
broadway white spot is one of the crowded spot in Vancouver, the waiters and waiters are very old and they are employed over 30 years ago.
it s very disorganized and uncomfortable place to work.

I got physical injury that company never took care of me.
Paid well but was the worst job I’ve ever had
Management doesn’t seem to listen. When staff gets overwhelmed they tell you to just ”figure it out”. Sometimes you do not get a break if it’s busy. Management not so good but the staff is amazing and made it worth while.
Great Atmosphere
Great work atmosphere. Fast paced and always changing. Great place to make life long relationships. Allows you to meet all kinds of people. Learn and practice life long skills