White Rabbit Treatment Homes

White Rabbit Treatment Homes Employee Reviews

A challenging career working with young and teen children. Maintaining and co ordinating or scheduling of activities, meetings, appointments for children was an exciting and rewarding experience. I very much enjoyed the ongoing training that was available to me.
Being a foster parent with White Rabbit is a rewarding experience that offers on-going learning and growth. The team is very supportive and works in a very solution focused manner, allowing for a great deal of autonomy. If you are interested in being the part of a team that supports children and youth this is a great opportunity and I would recommend this company as it provides a very supportive work environment with staffing, case management and 24 hour on-call. You always have support!
Fostering with White Rabbit was an amazing experience filled with many amazing experiences. The day to day support was excellent. My case manager and the management team always made me feel supported and were able to inject positivity in any situation. What I enjoyed most was working with the youth themselves and being able to participate in a variety of activities they had not always previously experienced. Once my fostering experience ended I was able to join on as staff and continue to commit to working with these amazing young people.
Working at White Rabbit was a great experience. I was able to really develop my skills and was exposed to a variety of different situations. I worked with a great team of people and always felt very supported. The management was always a phone call away and really accessible. If I ever had a question or needed help, it was ALWAYS there- whether by telephone or in-person. There is always opportunities to work as much or as little as you would like so I was really able to schedule myself however I felt I could manage. I developed a great relationship with the foster parent I worked along side and we worked well as a team. I always felt like my opinions and thoughts were valued and taken into consideration. Some days could obviously be a bit more difficult than others but I'd definitely say there were more good days than bad BY FAR. I really enjoyed being able to get to know the youth I was working with and felt like we respected one another. This was such a good experience for me and I always encourage people to apply whenever I hear that they're interested in White Rabbit or working with children.
A great experience. Life changing, a wonderful opportunity for growth both personally & professionally. Approachable & super supportive agency workers that are kind, knowledgeable and there for the right reasons. Other caregivers very helpful as well - a community. Most workers have been with this agency a long time.
Pros
So Supportive to the foster parents and staff
Cons
Can be stressful work
Never in my career have I seen such a toxic environment for youth and staff. There is zero treatment for the youth. Foster parents are oppressed and basically hire to babysit and not encouraged to create a home environment.
Pros
Wonderful children
Cons
Pay is terrible for the CYWs
On my very first day as a coop student, absolutely nobody who worked there spoke to me, introduced themselves to me, or gave me direction. The entire time I was there the management treated me poorly, gave me little to no direction, expected me to work outside of office hours when I was an unpaid co-op student with a full time job. The person who was supposed to be my supervisor made me completely quit my program and completely rethink my career path. So I thank her for that however I will never get the time back that I wasted working with this company
Pros
Occasional training
Cons
Terrible management
I have gain a great deal of knowledge on how to handle high crisis situations. In this job I have built up my backbone in terms of how the youth are towards me. The most important thing that I have learned from this job is that no matter the act, big or small, I am changing their lives in some way.