White Point Beach Resort Employee Review

View all White Point Beach Resort reviews

Was an okay work place
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS10 December 2017
I would start by loading up a cart with all the towels,sheets,cleaners and other amenities that i would need for threw out the day. I would than go and start to clean rooms and give stay overs towels and other things that they needed.I learnt how to work in a well mannered pace. Management could of been better they wasn't very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with other staff because they wasn't very nice and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was looking out on the ocean everyday.
Pros
Great views
Cons
pushing around carts in the winter

Other White Point Beach Resort Employee Reviews

Decent job in Hospitality
Front Desk Agent, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, NS30 July 2019
White Point is a good job if you’re looking to work in hospitality, they provide training but minimal management support. They give you the ability to assist guests with minimal supervisory support required. They pay minimum wage to start, as most hospitality positions do. You can earn wage increases with reviews and hard work but as with any hospitality position you will find there will always be one or more staff members less than dedicated to showing up for their shifts which sticks you with waiting until someone else is found. I have on more than one occasional worked over 20 consecutive hours due to this exact scenario but the management were kind enough to comp me a room to rest in before driving home as they recognized it was exhausting and I had a long commute.
Pros
Training provided, friendly staff
Cons
Not much room for advancement, no benefits
This establishment does not pay a fair living wage.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS30 April 2019
For the amount of work and in all types of weather I would not say this is a nice place to work. The majority of workers are women who are pushing carts through the snow and working in all kinds of weather.