White Point Beach Resort Employee Review

View all White Point Beach Resort reviews

working with a family feel
Senior Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hunts Point, NS30 September 2018
> great workplace with opportunities to advance
> lots of extra perks
> management has always an open mind, ear and helps when needed
> training in my department was very detailed, fun and enjoyable
> staff is very nice in all departments
> got to make my Front Desk Agent Certificate
> your opinion to improve guest and staff experience is wanted
> hardest part would be that it can be very fast paced and dealing with a huge variety of guest and staff characteristics, which are not always pleasant but only like 10% ;-)
> most enjoyable is the location right on the beach of NS and the 90% of great people :-)
Pros
earn Beach Bucks and use to purchase things, cheap staff lunches available, discounts in different departments, free use of facilities when available, free overnight stay when bad weather hits
Cons
start pay at front desk is minimum wage and barely get tips

Other White Point Beach Resort Employee Reviews

Decent job in Hospitality
Front Desk Agent, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, NS30 July 2019
White Point is a good job if you’re looking to work in hospitality, they provide training but minimal management support. They give you the ability to assist guests with minimal supervisory support required. They pay minimum wage to start, as most hospitality positions do. You can earn wage increases with reviews and hard work but as with any hospitality position you will find there will always be one or more staff members less than dedicated to showing up for their shifts which sticks you with waiting until someone else is found. I have on more than one occasional worked over 20 consecutive hours due to this exact scenario but the management were kind enough to comp me a room to rest in before driving home as they recognized it was exhausting and I had a long commute.
Pros
Training provided, friendly staff
Cons
Not much room for advancement, no benefits
This establishment does not pay a fair living wage.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS30 April 2019
For the amount of work and in all types of weather I would not say this is a nice place to work. The majority of workers are women who are pushing carts through the snow and working in all kinds of weather.