White Point Beach Resort Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

2.1Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
This establishment does not pay a fair living wage.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS30 April 2019
For the amount of work and in all types of weather I would not say this is a nice place to work. The majority of workers are women who are pushing carts through the snow and working in all kinds of weather.
Productive, Great co-workers, Good environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NS14 October 2015
A typical day at white point looks like: Arrive anytime before 9:00 am, Punch in for 9:00 as soon as you get there and organize your own housekeeping cart. Go down on the lines and do your morning stays, sweep walkways, clean windows/decks. Once morning duties are finished we are to call our manager and she let's us know which guests have checked out and then we clean them up. We had a everyday 3:00 pm deadline for all check ins to be done. Most days this involved having "crunch time" because if we have cottages that need to be cleaned and people waited until 11:00am to leave this would mean that we'd have to hurry but to keep in mind we had to pay attention to detail.
I learned a lot from working at White Point, i know how to make beds effectively, i know how to clean a bathroom effectively and dust and vacuum. I went above and beyond everyday, I went out of my way to ensure guests we're satisfied with my service. I made sure people around me we're in a positive mood the best of my ability. I learned so much from my co-workers to make sure my job was done efficiently and effectively.
The hardest part of my job was ensuring to keep the 3:00 pm deadline because there were several times people had to leave what they we're doing to help and vise versa to ensure the guests would be arriving to our cottages in a very clean environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely seeing the bunnies everyday, i would bring food from home for down on the lines and every morning they'd greet me and i'd give them what food I had. I loved working the lines that we're closest to
  more... the ocean because the views we're unreal.  less
Pros
short hours
Cons
Minimum wage