White Point Beach Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fast Pace Work Environment
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS14 February 2017
My favorite part of the job was the people. I loved the staff, from all departments, and I loved all the people you got to meet who stayed at the resort. People came to stay from all corners of the world.
A typical day for me meant setting up the dining room for the specific meal period and based on the reservations taken. I would help the servers and bussers when they needed me. I greeted and seated guests, and dealt with any questions or concerns they had.
Pros
Discounts on food, beverages and services
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks, fast pace and stressful
Productive, Great co-workers, Good environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NS14 October 2015
A typical day at white point looks like: Arrive anytime before 9:00 am, Punch in for 9:00 as soon as you get there and organize your own housekeeping cart. Go down on the lines and do your morning stays, sweep walkways, clean windows/decks. Once morning duties are finished we are to call our manager and she let's us know which guests have checked out and then we clean them up. We had a everyday 3:00 pm deadline for all check ins to be done. Most days this involved having "crunch time" because if we have cottages that need to be cleaned and people waited until 11:00am to leave this would mean that we'd have to hurry but to keep in mind we had to pay attention to detail.
I learned a lot from working at White Point, i know how to make beds effectively, i know how to clean a bathroom effectively and dust and vacuum. I went above and beyond everyday, I went out of my way to ensure guests we're satisfied with my service. I made sure people around me we're in a positive mood the best of my ability. I learned so much from my co-workers to make sure my job was done efficiently and effectively.
The hardest part of my job was ensuring to keep the 3:00 pm deadline because there were several times people had to leave what they we're doing to help and vise versa to ensure the guests would be arriving to our cottages in a very clean environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely seeing the bunnies everyday, i would bring food from home for down on the lines and every morning they'd greet me and i'd give them what food I had. I loved working the lines that we're closest to
  more... the ocean because the views we're unreal.  less
Pros
short hours
Cons
Minimum wage