White Point Beach Resort Employee Reviews

This establishment does not pay a fair living wage.
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS30 April 2019
For the amount of work and in all types of weather I would not say this is a nice place to work. The majority of workers are women who are pushing carts through the snow and working in all kinds of weather.
Horrible management with no training
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS30 November 2018
When I worked at white point I started in the guest services department and received a half a day of training and then I was thrown into the thick of things. After a week and a half I was told by my "trainer", who was my immediate boss that I was not getting the hang of my job, so he moved me over to bussing and then cut my hours in half. The funny part was, I must have been doing something right while I was working in the guest services department, because I was making some good money in tips. overall the worst possible experience with employment I have ever had. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Employer shows you no respect, almost no training and horrible management.
working with a family feel
Senior Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hunts Point, NS30 September 2018
> great workplace with opportunities to advance
> lots of extra perks
> management has always an open mind, ear and helps when needed
> training in my department was very detailed, fun and enjoyable
> staff is very nice in all departments
> got to make my Front Desk Agent Certificate
> your opinion to improve guest and staff experience is wanted
> hardest part would be that it can be very fast paced and dealing with a huge variety of guest and staff characteristics, which are not always pleasant but only like 10% ;-)
> most enjoyable is the location right on the beach of NS and the 90% of great people :-)
Pros
earn Beach Bucks and use to purchase things, cheap staff lunches available, discounts in different departments, free use of facilities when available, free overnight stay when bad weather hits
Cons
start pay at front desk is minimum wage and barely get tips
Dishwasher/kitchen help
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS24 September 2018
If you suck up to your boss and the general manager then youll have a great experience at white point except for the low wages they pay you for overworking you. You don't get regular breaks if you work in the dinning room or kitchen. If you apply for a kitchen position here's what you should expect. Your boss will berate and degrade you no matter how much you show up for work and work extra. You will be overworked and underpayed and most times you won't have the proper amount of people to help you on busy nights. The grill cook, will basically get you to do all his work so he can take multiple breaks and get mad at you if you don't do something of his. White point does not care about their employees sadly. However most of the staff accept a few exceptions are really polite and easy to talk to. So if your apply for a job there and get hired and then either quit or get fired, you'll miss a lot of the people you work with but won't miss the job unless you kiss up to your boss and the special people who work there
Pros
Some of the people are great to work with, kitchen staff get free meals although sometimes you get food poisoning
Cons
Underpayed, bosses are unappreciative, guests are allowed to verbally and physically abuse you, general manager will only take up for the guests, kitchen work environment is horrible during the summer, doing other peoples work because theyre a favorite
Fast Pace Work Environment
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  White Point Beach, NS14 February 2017
My favorite part of the job was the people. I loved the staff, from all departments, and I loved all the people you got to meet who stayed at the resort. People came to stay from all corners of the world.
A typical day for me meant setting up the dining room for the specific meal period and based on the reservations taken. I would help the servers and bussers when they needed me. I greeted and seated guests, and dealt with any questions or concerns they had.
Pros
Discounts on food, beverages and services
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks, fast pace and stressful
Productive, Great co-workers, Good environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NS14 October 2015
A typical day at white point looks like: Arrive anytime before 9:00 am, Punch in for 9:00 as soon as you get there and organize your own housekeeping cart. Go down on the lines and do your morning stays, sweep walkways, clean windows/decks. Once morning duties are finished we are to call our manager and she let's us know which guests have checked out and then we clean them up. We had a everyday 3:00 pm deadline for all check ins to be done. Most days this involved having "crunch time" because if we have cottages that need to be cleaned and people waited until 11:00am to leave this would mean that we'd have to hurry but to keep in mind we had to pay attention to detail.
I learned a lot from working at White Point, i know how to make beds effectively, i know how to clean a bathroom effectively and dust and vacuum. I went above and beyond everyday, I went out of my way to ensure guests we're satisfied with my service. I made sure people around me we're in a positive mood the best of my ability. I learned so much from my co-workers to make sure my job was done efficiently and effectively.
The hardest part of my job was ensuring to keep the 3:00 pm deadline because there were several times people had to leave what they we're doing to help and vise versa to ensure the guests would be arriving to our cottages in a very clean environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely seeing the bunnies everyday, i would bring food from home for down on the lines and every morning they'd greet me and i'd give them what food I had. I loved working the lines that we're closest to
  more... the ocean because the views we're unreal.  less
Pros
short hours
Cons
Minimum wage