White House Black Market

White House Black Market Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
30 Minutes break on a 8 hour shift. Mixed feelings about the company, upper management is stressed all the time goals are not realistic. No proper training. Rules are all over the map
As support/stock person, the store literally relies on you. Sales associates are told to not do any work (grabbing items/sizes from back, restock, cash, etc) and ONLY focus on the clients at hand.
As support you are also expected to receive shipment, replenish and steam ALL products within a certain time frame. Which is completely doable, if you weren't getting called out into the floor every 5 minutes to get an item for a sales associate or supervisor or manager. The issue is with upper management abusing this and getting upset when the stock isn't finished. Sales associate look forward to grabbing that size from the back because it's a mini break.

Tip to management; be reasonable in your expectations with support staff, they literally do everything and just run around Al day serving you. Low key felt like a servant.
Pros
Flexible, consistent shifts due to stock days, and clients are great
Cons
Being treated like a second class employee, and no room for growth.
Such a fantastic experience woking for White House Black Market, the management team is professional and encouraging. Managers are interactive with associates to inform hourly sales goals and how to best achieve them. Overall its a positive work space with great leadership and encouragement for its workers. Its also a commission based job!
Pros
Commission
Great place to work. Management is very supportive and approachable. Really strive to build up their emoloyees. I had a great time working there.

Get to work on time, ask lots of questions.
Pros
can take time off
Cons
availability might impede on hours given to you
Day to day basis; working with clients, helping style and guiding them with our current pop of color and the update of our new collection in store. Diverse community within the staff, they are friendly and supportive and encouraging of others accomplishments.
Working at White House Black Market was a great time. The organization with the team and staff was well done. I would recommend anyone to work at their company.
horrible environment. the company makes you feel like youre important but the pressure on you to make sales and the way customers treat you is appalling. they said we worked with hourly wage plus commissions but no one ever received their commissions.
Pros
location in the mall
Cons
lack of professionalism
The company is extremely flexible and willing to work with you to best suit your needs. However, the pay for support isn't equal, as support members do not get a bonus while other employees do. We also have to work towards goals that benefit everyone else except support members.
Cons
wage
Fun place to work customers are great and you learn new techniques of selling with each interaction. High levels of training are given throughout management team at store level so you are trained in every aspect of your business and how to find where your wins and losses are throughout the day.
Pros
The customers
Cons
District Manager brings negativity to the store
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at White House Black Market?
This company is a well-established brand that hires people who are excited and educated on fashion. The clientele is mainly professional working women who are very confident in their fashion choices. The manager is very experienced in retail management. She masterfully creates a professional work environment that is both fun and productive. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the clients to create dynamic outfits.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Cons
Few hours during slow seasons
Working at White House Black Market taught me the importance of making personal connections with customers to create lifelong relationships and therefore have customers that continue to return and buy the product. I met one of my absolute best friends while working there, she was one of my co-workers, and the other employees were truly enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job is definitely keeping busy when there aren't many people in the store, because as a sales associate we are constantly told to help customers first, as we have support to do most things like folding and cashing out.
White House Black Market is very different to other retail stores that I have worked at. The environment is very different, however very friendly and open. It is a boutique, very warm, and welcoming. A typical day at work would be working with all the other ladies to welcome our guests to the store and making sure she has the best experience and making sure she walks out not only looking her best, but also feeling her best. At White House, it was essential to make sure our guests FEEL Beautiful throughout their experience within our stores, and that feeling remain as she walks out with our merchandise.
Pros
Team; co-workers, management, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hours, salary
Enjoy working here! Staff is friendly and I enjoy meeting new people every day. I have built a loyal clientele who return to shop.