Whip's Carpentry

Whip's Carpentry Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Honestly, a pretty decent job for not-hard work. Extremely repetitive (like most general labour) and it does get extremely hot. Most management is super kind and helpful in situations of you needing time off due to personal stuff, but some aren't so understanding, even with valid reasoning.

Some of the older staff work extremely slow....which can become frustrating. And it happens fairly frequently that you get talked to about one of their mistakes.

Overall, would recommend. Head of HR is lovely.
Pros
Lunches or coffee sometimes, if the team does well
Cons
Need stress matts
Fast paced environment and very noisy around the machines. Good hours with option to overtime. During the summer there are BBQ's and lunches during winter.
Management is very involved with production and they are fair when treating employees.

It can get very hot during the summer.
Whip's carpentry is a good company, I learned how to run 3 big machines in the company...The hardest job was lifting and working fast.
I enjoyed work in the company because we was like family
Pros
free lunches
Cons
1 hour
Hard to find a place that gives job security in manufacturing but whip's does. Manager's are on the floor and easy to find and care about you as a worker. People there are nice to work with. I always feel safe.
Pros
BBQs, good work hours, job security
Cons
hot in the summer
Management is a disaster, especially the plant manager. No help, no guidance, no warning you think your doing good and then they fire you for something that happened a month ago. no structure or organizing, just a really bad place. So many people leave that you are always wondering when you will be next. don't bother applying to this place, they will trick you in the interview and say they are a family but they are not.
Pros
Hours
Cons
terrible management, low pay, hot
high turnover it's familyr-un business N HR is right up there butt ppl drop like flies I think of all the staff 6 ppl that have been there over ayear. Well working there I seen people fired every day you show up and somebody else was in there it's an uncomfortable place to work knowing if you look at one of the management staff the wrong way that's it you're out of here
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Working really hard and getting let go because of ridiculous reasons
The hours are fantastic, 7-3:30, Monday to Friday - all OT is voluntary.

Fair pay for worthy employees.

A management team that cares about you/your family.

In 2017 it’s hard to find a job that values your family life, but Whip’s does.
Pros
Hours, pay, people, benefits, safe
Cons
Super hot in the summer
Busy environment in a high production factory. Room for advancement if you are willing to put in the effort. Management team is good to work with and do care about your personal life.
Pros
Good group of people to work with, room to move up
Cons
Heavy lifting, busy enviroment
I worked in the office directly with the owners. This company is the most unethical and unprofessional company I have ever worked for. We were constantly being yelled and blamed for errors that management made, and were told to lie to the customers on a regular basis. The pay was very low and there was no where to advance in the company.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Whip's Carpentry?
Whips Carpentry is the worst place I have ever worked at due to the fact that you get the bare minimum. That includes working 10 hours with a 30 and a 20 minute break and the safety violations.
High turnover and poorly managed. Poor pay increases, regardless of work ethic. Managers are rude and assuming. Quick to place blame. /////////////????
My time at whips was well spent and i did my honest days work. I moved skids to the next machine, stacked skids for easy transportation and moved wood planks down a belt
Pros
They try to work around your schedule to what best fits you
Cons
I had to get up at 6am every day
Good place to work at. staff are very friendly, the managers are great. monday to friday 7 am to 3:30 pm, the hours were amazing. if wanted more they also would provide that too.
A typical day at work would be to collect work for the shift and basically just don't stop until break times.