WHAT A BAGEL Employee Reviews

An overall good work environment and good people
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 November 2018
Very friendly employees and very nice customers on my day to day basis I would clean the tables make coffee clean all plates and place the dough into the machine that forms the dough into bagels. The most hardest part of the job was carrying multiple plates and cups at once to the back so they could be cleaned.
A fun, welcoming work environment
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 July 2018
The job can be laid back at times, the phrase quality over quantity is definitely applicable at What a Bagel. Good customer service is emphasized, and a typical shift can consist of taking and keeping track of orders, freezer work, cater organization, and rotating the produce.
Pros
Stable work environment, not overly physically demanding
Cons
Freezer work can be tedious, certain orders can be very specific and at times challenging
What A Bagel is a great place, with friendly people and management.
Baker, Manager and Server (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 May 2018
What A Bagel is a great place to work and shop. They offer a variety of bagels, baked goods and breakfast dine-in meals. Bakery shifts start early in the morning and is labour intensive. A typical day goes by quick when surrounded with great people and management who foster a positive culture.
Friendly Environment and New Experiences
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Because my first job was working at What A Bagel, I gained a lot of new experiences and knowledge in several categories that could be very useful in my future careers. The very friendly environment is the first thing I noticed when I walked into the store on my first day to start the job. My employees were very nice towards me as well as the management and I really enjoyed working as the cashier there.
good job
hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON30 March 2017
Working at what a bagel was a great experience. Typical day was coming in, checking in and starting to work and greet the customers. I learned how to deal with customers and how to serve them the food. The customers there are respectful but can get a little bit mean. the most enjoyable part was seeing the customers faces when the food had arrived.
Pros
great customers
Friendly and teamwork oriented work enviornment
Catering Manager/Barista/Counter Server/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
Fast paced enviornment. Coworkers become your family. Everyone cares about you succeeding in your career and in life. Sometimes the workload can be stressful, but the sheer attitude that your coworkers have, make the day go by fast and feel effortless.
Pros
25% discount
Strong leadership and team
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2014
A difficult but rewarding workplace, employees are pushed to work as hard as possible, but manager and team members are there to assist you along the way.