WFCU Credit Union Employee Review

View all WFCU Credit Union reviews

Fun workplace with opportunity to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 September 2019
Great place to work, very friendly welcoming staff. Busy environment. Benefits and pay are great. Steady and flexible hours. I received full benefits working part-time.

Other WFCU Credit Union Employee Reviews

Very old school way of doing things and very misleading.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 May 2019
If you plan on having a separate life from work don't waste your time applying here and there is not much room for growth. I applied for the member consultant position which I was hired part-time for except they wanted me to be available full time and free even on the days I wasn't scheduled. During my interview process none of the 3 people that interviewed me had mentioned that, even though it was made clear that I had other commitments. Expect to work every Saturday if your'e part time. I tried booking a Saturday off 2 months in advance for a wedding and they had an issue with that. You'll do a lot of tedious unnecessary work, and the environment created makes you feel like you're constantly walking on egg shells, everyones fake nice to one another . Overall I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Pros
benefits
Cons
growth, environment
Slap with one hand, Treat with the other
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 March 2019
WFCU is a great place to work but they are very strict in areas that seem odd. Their dress code I think seems stuck behind the other FI's, still requiring suits of the staff on the frontlines. All coworkers know this and you often feel like if you aren't following that dress code like anyone around you could send an email to HR.
On the flip side while the salary is... average, they do offer many opportunities, gifts, or thoughtful gestures to entice workers like Sports tickets, gift cards, a CUdos program so coworkers can rate eachother highly for better gift cards at the end of the year (like a merited Christmas bonus in July) and a very nice Christmas party. Stay in line and you will have a good time so long as you enjoy the work you are doing.
Pros
Good benefits, many draws for gifts, dependable salary, frequent HR initiatives, morally sound (as it is a credit union)
Cons
Very strict enforcement of rules, Environment can feel hostile, management can be aloof

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WFCU Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

WFCU Credit Union Reviews by Location