WFCU Credit Union Employee Review

View all WFCU Credit Union reviews

Not the place for you
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 August 2015
Before you consider going through the 5 stage hiring process, you need to know a little more about WFCU. Everyone that gets hired though the credit union will be hired part time. Rarely do you get hired full time. Expect to work every single Saturday and Sunday.

A typical day is helping members with their cashing of cheques or making deposits. As a consultant you are also to reach goals of over draft, credit cards and loans as well as line of credits. You will be giving a goal of that. Also cold calling, you will have goals for that to.

it is difficult and stressful as you usually have a lot of stuff you are working on, but need to help members that are waiting and never getting to finishing the work.

Fair warning, do not make a mistake, otherwise start looking for another job, as you will be gone quickly. Your pay with be low 30s either salary or in the range of 15-17.

The turnover within this company is the highest i have ever seen. They cant seem to hold onto their employees. For a company that has 200 employees, it is not unusual to see 1-2 employees every two weeks either leaving or being fired. Also be prepared to work an extra 30 minutes a day without pay.

so before you consider working with the credit union, just remember the things here. This is not your typical bank job, you will be doing both sales and service. expect stress to come and you will have management on you for every mistake you make.
Pros
vacation, personal days
Cons
low wage, work longer hours on thursday friday

Other WFCU Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with opportunity to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 September 2019
Great place to work, very friendly welcoming staff. Busy environment. Benefits and pay are great. Steady and flexible hours. I received full benefits working part-time.
Very old school way of doing things and very misleading.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 May 2019
If you plan on having a separate life from work don't waste your time applying here and there is not much room for growth. I applied for the member consultant position which I was hired part-time for except they wanted me to be available full time and free even on the days I wasn't scheduled. During my interview process none of the 3 people that interviewed me had mentioned that, even though it was made clear that I had other commitments. Expect to work every Saturday if your'e part time. I tried booking a Saturday off 2 months in advance for a wedding and they had an issue with that. You'll do a lot of tedious unnecessary work, and the environment created makes you feel like you're constantly walking on egg shells, everyones fake nice to one another . Overall I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Pros
benefits
Cons
growth, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WFCU Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

WFCU Credit Union Reviews by Location