Weyerhaeuser logo
Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Very understanding and cooperation with finding solutions

Union based company giving emplyees more say and less militant approach to culture and safer environment. The company offers incentive to educate,upgrade and discipline in a fair reasonable.manned that we are obligated to produce so everyone benefits

Pros

Goals or record run achievements free

Contract Role

It's a very good learning curve for me to understand Federal Government and Private sector organization work style.

rather challenging place to work

• a typical day at work • Regular day of work was filled with a lot of meeting (on average 7/day) most of them not very productive. • what you learned o my learning experience was not so positive, this place has considerable room for improvement in most of the business areas • management o I was part of it and we had major challenges with our internal top leader and our senior leadership. Very slow progress in this area as company is protecting status quo and not embracing change • your co-workers o Very good and experienced work force, and quite few staff people with good back ground and attitude • the hardest part of the job o for senior managers allowing "back door" approach and too often unfair judgement without consideration for root causes or simple truth. • the most enjoyable part of the job o by far dedicated and truly good people in this place

Pros

People

Cons

Excellent workplace and work environment

This was also a very fast paced environment and I learned that Weyerhaeuser really knew how to treat their employees. Management was wonderful and assisted me in advancing my career in Disability Management. My co-workers were very professional especially working through Collective Agreement arbitration. I loved going to work every day and doing my job to the best of my ability.

Good Job at the time

It was a good job at the time,,,But the manager made so many mistakes the head office closed the plant down due to , too many mistakes from the office people.

Pros

good hours

Cons

mistakes from management

Dangerous site, but very safe protocal

Working in the large saw-mill gave me exposure to system control and industrial processing.

Great place to work.

A place of hard working individuals and a productive environment. I loved the fact you were busy with work all day so it was never dull.

Pros

Great pay.

Very productive site with friendly people and lots to learn

A typical day at work for me is by participating in meetings, providing engineering and technical support, justification of projects by obtaining and analysing process data as well as project communication to contractors.

Very well managed company, safety, production and employee relations

Although I've worked for Weyerhaeuser before, I am fairly new to this site. So far my new position is very enjoyable. I am responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment (Portal Rail Crane, Loaders & Excavators)

Great co-workers, Awesome Managers

I was a summer student at Weyerhaeuser. A typical day at work was measuring bundles, worked on production line utilized strapping machine, Firewatch, cleaning out blenders, lock out of equipment, working in loud and dusty environment and wearing proper PPE. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We work as a team and encourage one another on the job. Management at the plant was top class.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Temperatures are very hot while cleaning out blenders

Jobs at Weyerhaeuser

See more jobs

Good training good safety culture

Good company they encouraged learning and growth. The site was huge 84 acres and I had a nice truck for first aid and safety issues.

Cons

Example: Large international company with many opportunities for ambitious employees.

I spent each work day visiting different manufacturing sites to analysis business practices, primarily in the maintenance organizations. I created improvement plans and initiated training for site leadership. I implemented measurable goals to encourage success. The hardest part of the job was changing entrenched and ineffective management styles and practices. The best part of the job was having people approach me after 6 months to praise me.

Excellent place to work. Worked as a maintenance mechanic. Trouble shooting mill equipement

Great place & company to work for.

Really like working here, location was great and the people I worked for and with where grreat.

Team Assistant - variety of work

Enjoyed the variety - interesting work - maintain offsite storage - benefits liaison - receivables - payables

Pros

location and people

Cons

job became redundant when merged with another location

Excellent company to work from, no longer operating in Canada

Excellent benefits, salary, management, advancement. This company closed their offices in Kamloops British Columbia, but during the time I was employed I was very happy with my position and supervisors.